Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, night time performance of 10.69.2.4 seems better than daytime. It could be lighting and, likely, less traffic. Had a few decent drives this evening and Wednesday evening. Today, during the day, failboat ahoy. Some of the lane choices were laughable, and more than incorrect. Mind, I didn’t try these same routes at night.

My wife did comment today: “sometimes I don’t know if you’re driving, or the car is, but I know when the car makes a mistake, it’s blatant and mind blowing how wrong it is”. Honey, baby, sweetie, I love ya! Don’t leave me over motion sickness and whiplash!

In my area beta keeps insisting it be in the right lane, especially when it gets to 3 miles from a right turn. This regardless of the dozen or two intersections it has to go through through before the right turn.

If it wasn’t annoying enough that it gets fouled it with all the cross traffic cars turning right into the first lane and beta slamming on the breaks…

The worst thing is that the first lane allows parking on the street, IN THE FIRST LANE, so beta prepares for a right turn 3 miles ahead and stops behind parked cars and only eventually goes to the middle next lane over to finally go ahead then, only to do it all over again for pretty much each intersection.

Why beta why.

Can’t you just stay in the middle, or left lane and when you get a block or two from the turn, especially when there is no or light traffic then try and force yourself to stay in a right lane that has parked cars.

Reactions: Pdubs
My MYLR got 2022.40.4.1…. My MSLR is still on 2022.20.19. Love being 20 weeks behind on builds.
....but does your Y Autosteer on City Streets? 🤔 🤣 One day we will get 69.3.x/36.x.x (maybe 2023.10.x by then). It will happen as soon as Musk is through straitening out My Space 🙃, and has "free speech" that NEVER offends anyone (especially Musk himself) and all the masses/advertisers love and adore the platform. Maybe change it to 2025.x.x then.:oops:

Also you should be happy since at least you get a taste of both.;)

....but does your Y Autosteer on City Streets? 🤔 🤣 One day we will get 69.3.x/36.x.x (maybe 2023.10.x by then). It will happen as soon as Musk is through straitening out My Space 🙃, and has "free speech" that NEVER offends anyone (especially Musk himself) and all the masses/advertisers love and adore the platform. Maybe change it to 2025.x.x then.:oops:

Also you should be happy since at least you get a taste of both.;)
I don’t know if I ever tested a beta that was a lower version than the public release until this 😅

I don’t know if I ever tested a beta that was a lower version than the public release until this 😅
More realistic I'm kinda feeling a little more pessimistic about 69.3.x. Hell it is already way past any normal time frame (I know: Normal and Tesla are oxymorons) to be released. Thinking that since Elon is no longer around the engineers are feeling a lot less pressure and see it as somewhat of a break. It is past the point that we need a Shotwell at Tesla to keep the ship righted with Elon preoccupied.

Don't overthink things. 10.69.3 was rolling out and then stopped pretty suddenly. There were some videos showing some problems, and likely Tesla found an issue and halted rollout while they lock it down. Once they think they've got it, they'll roll out to the original group again, then we'll see 69.3.1 and finally .2 when it goes wide to the Beta fleet.

Don't overthink things. 10.69.3 was rolling out and then stopped pretty suddenly. There were some videos showing some problems, and likely Tesla found an issue and halted rollout while they lock it down. Once they think they've got it, they'll roll out to the original group again, then we'll see 69.3.1 and finally .2 when it goes wide to the Beta fleet.

69.3 rolled out to 6 total people on Teslafi. I dunno that I'd call that much of a rollout.

I’m pretty excited that we are now only about 6 weeks from all of these issues being fixed. Exciting times!

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the Q4 2021 Earnings Call that he is confident the company’s Full Self-Driving suite will be finished by 2022.

Musk was extremely confident in his prediction, stating he will be “shocked” if Tesla does not complete FSD by the end of the year.

(moderator note: As pointed out below, Elon never said these things. But it feels like he said these things. And he did say similar things.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you are saying. Not really any thought involved.

Just part of the regular release cadence.

Obviously if there are issues we could have additional delays (pretty sure there are past examples of that).

I doubt it was ever planned for 10.69.3 to go any wider than it did.
Exactly. But let's scrutinize past rollouts, look at timetables between releases, count the days between releases, imagine scenarios of what's happening with internal corporate structures, wonder why this update or that update is 7 days slower to roll out than that other update.

We should work on a book: Zen and the Art of Tesla Software Rollouts
😂🤣

Reactions: PACEMD
Im pretty excited that we are now only about 6 weeks from all of these issues being fixed. Exciting times!

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the Q4 2021 Earnings Call that he is confident the company’s Full Self-Driving suite will be finished by 2022.

Musk was extremely confident in his prediction, stating he will be “shocked” if Tesla does not complete FSD by the end of the year.

I mean, he didn't actually say either thing, but it's your lie, tell it however you want.

For example the word "finished" does not appear anywhere in the transcript of the entire Q4 21 call.

"shocked" does, but in relation to reaching a specific level of safety of the system, not it being "complete"

Feel free to try quoting his actual words instead of BS headlines sometime if you want a chance of pace though!

I mean, he didn't actually say either thing, but it's your lie, tell it however you want.

For example the word "finished" does not appear anywhere in the transcript of the entire Q4 21 call.

"shocked" does, but in relation to reaching a specific level of safety of the system, not it being "complete"

Feel free to try quoting his actual words instead of BS headlines sometime if you want a chance of pace though!
You are correct. Elon has never stated FSD would be finished by end of 2022. Or 2021. Or 2020. Or Robotaxi service by 2019. And twitter is doing exceptionally well too.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
I noticed a lot of testers screens flickering.. that is at least one of them

Post #421 for me.... 420 was nice!

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and Ramphex
Haven't we heard from Elon that FSD would be "feature complete" by end of 2022. Now, that doesn't mean it works, but has all the expected 'features'. I'm still betting we have nothing of the sort by end of 2022, and no major roll-out ala robo taxi in 2023 at all.
Despite what some of the fanboys here say, YES, Elon has promised that, and many other things. Some of his broken promises have even resulted in ongoing legal action against Tesla.

Last edited:
Haven't we heard from Elon that FSD would be "feature complete" by end of 2022. Now, that doesn't mean it works, but has all the expected 'features'. I'm still betting we have nothing of the sort by end of 2022, and no major roll-out ala robo taxi in 2023 at all.
It's best to just take everything Elon says with a pound of salt. It's all highly overly optimistic wrt timelines or a straight lie. It'll be released when and IF it's ready. He's been claiming FSD ready by end of year for so many years. No one should be betting their lives on his timelines.