Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
weird - I'm at work, so I just popped out to my car to hotspot update. I wonder if its just doing checksum checks and decompressing or if it actually needs to download more past 50%. I went back into work and the app still shows downloading even though the hotspot is now out of range.
Mine took a while at 50% as well. My router says it was doing some heavy uploading at that time. 🤔 It also took a bit over an hour to do the install.

Now that I’m finally on 2022.36.20, having the camera where I want it is wild! My left blind spot camera actually stopped working earlier today, and a soft reboot didn’t fix it. I was going to do a hard reboot, but figured the software update would take care of that for me anyway. It’s working again after that thankfully.

So far driving seems fine—no noticeable difference.

One thing I don’t remember seeing before is the vector space 360 view still working while I was backing into a space in reverse. I wonder if that’s in preparation for the parking lot stack or for replacing the USSs.

Did about four hours of driving on 10.69.3.1. Much of this was on NOA, but about half on FSDb. I posted earlier on some of the issues I encountered with FSDb. However, I don't believe that I had a single disengagement on FSDb due to a failure of FSDb except for the very beginning of the day when FSDb crashed hard with the Red Hands of Death. I did need to nudge it with the accelerator at various intersections controlled by stop signs, mostly when the car planned to pass straight through the intersection. Unprotected lefts worked fine and most unprotected rights as well. Some URTs needed a nudge because FSDb is a bit too cautious. But, no disengagements.

In fact, in four hours of FSDb and NOA combined, I only had to take over once. That was on NOA at a point where the car got itself trapped in the right lane behind a road maintenence truck that was slowing to close off the lane. This looked like a bad situation, so I took over so I could apply some Tesla muscle to get out of it. But, at this point, who cares about NOA. Single-stack is coming (I hope)!

Most of the FSDb driving was on rural two-lane highways. There were a few phantom slowdowns. Nothing extreme, just a gentle slowing for no apparent reason. A few seemed to happen at a county road intersection, but hard to say.

I am giddy with anticipation. Biggest update yet. A new energy graph!!! 🤯

Not sure I’ll even pay attention to the imperceptible differences in FSD vs. prior releases.
Yeah. The new graph is smaller than the old one. And I find it hard to see the predicted line against the white daytime background.

The breakdown between different energy uses is all very nice, but isn't of much use to me. And, so far the new energy prediction is overly optimistic.

I assume it was a flashing blue screen issue which was ignored. Though you said you did not see that. We’ll never know.
Right, I have only one strike but from precisely that. Flashing blue screen which I didn't notice soon enough, for whatever reason. I'll blame it on glare, from that bright yellow thing in the sky. In recent times that blue flash seems to me to be more subtle, easier to miss initially, or maybe I just need an eye exam.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Got a FSD strike this morning while on the highway on NoA. No blue warning, hands on the wheel, eyes forward. Got the red wheel/take over immediately. Never had this happen before, I’ve had FSDb since last September over two cars.
That should not be a strike - takes like three of those in one drive to disable for rest of drive = a strike. No clue why it gave you a full strike with no warning.

Last edited: