Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can subscribers get it or just people that paid the full amount?
Subscribers get it as well. I have one car with subscription and one paid in full. Both have FSDb.

From your other posts is sounds like you are just getting your car on Tuesday (congrats!). Note, when your car arrives it will be on a factory build, likely 2022.40.200. You will be stuck on this build until the changes in that branch merge to main. Likely a 2022.44.1 or later build. That will put you on a build that can be upgraded to FSDb. However it will require FSDb to be on the same build or later, e.g. 2022.44.20 or later. Sometimes FSD will only be on an even later build, e.g. 2022.48.20 or later.

Sorry to say, you may need to wait about a month, possibly longer. It's frustrating, but knowing why can help with the wait.

Omar and some others are tweeting irresponsibly.

What’s new? Anyway at least he got a strike. On the freeway. I have no idea how people get strikes on the freeway. I drove for a couple hours today; there were no issues on the freeway. Nags occurred on occasion but all in expected situations, and mostly the torquing kept them from occurring.

So, all in all, perhaps this "wide release" is not a very big change.

Yeah, not much yet. Will be bigger when they actually release one that can roll to the entire fleet that is eligible. (Right now most of the rest of the fleet is not on the right version (.40!) but of course many of those are not eligible.
It would not surprise me, given the pricing, that most who have bought FSD (in the US) it actually already have beta.
Yeah it does seem like it may have already been over 50% (160k?), but the total numbers are unclear, guesses are 350k or so total.

Presumably we’ll get some info on the expansion at some point, but seems like this might increase the test fleet by maybe 20% (total WAG)? And then when they release a correct version maybe it will expand another 10-20%.

I’d expect at least 20% of FSD buyers do not opt in to have the City Streets option. When they are forced to have the option to use City , then we are wide.

But these are all just guesses. Don’t think we will ever know.

Subscribers get it as well. I have one car with subscription and one paid in full. Both have FSDb.

From your other posts is sounds like you are just getting your car on Tuesday (congrats!). Note, when your car arrives it will be on a factory build, likely 2022.40.200. You will be stuck on this build until the changes in that branch merge to main. Likely a 2022.44.1 or later build. That will put you on a build that can be upgraded to FSDb. However it will require FSDb to be on the same build or later, e.g. 2022.44.20 or later. Sometimes FSD will only be on an even later build, e.g. 2022.48.20 or later.

Sorry to say, you may need to wait about a month, possibly longer. It's frustrating, but knowing why can help with the wait.
Thanks for the great explanation! I’m okay waiting a while since I want to get used to the car before trying FSD. I’d like to have a good feel for the size, blind spots, acceleration, and stopping distance so I have good situational awareness while the car drives itself.

Reactions: Mark II
When they are forced to have the option to use City , then we are wide.
You mean when they don't have to request the software ?

To me the removal of safety score is the important thing - with this version Tesla has decided FSDb is good enough to go to everyone. Version differences etc are just a byproduct of release management. With V10 (or whatever comes out as the holiday release) we'll probably see a combined general release that has NOA + FSD Beta for everyone.

ps : That would also probably mark this remarkably large public testing. Only employees and youtubers will get early releases and we'll all have to wait for the general release.

Last edited:
What fraction of Tesla buyers spring for FSD anyway?
I heard mention that the current take rate is 15%.
so far it has been a white knuckle ride for her
It IS a white knuckle ride. It's a question of getting used to that. Those who can will use the system. Tesla still needs another level of improvement before your average person is going to accept that FSD can actually drive competently. Until then it will freak out a lot of people.

It IS a white knuckle ride. It's a question of getting used to that. Those who can will use the system. Tesla still needs another level of improvement before your average person is going to accept that FSD can actually drive competently. Until then it will freak out a lot of people.
Autopilot freaks me out whenever I use it on test drives. I'll probably get used to it once I own mine next year.

To be honest the part that freaks me out during test drives is when I activate it and it accelerates to the speed that was set before. Accelerating quick when not in control is disconcerting.

Reactions: JB47394
…When I engage cruise control, I pull my foot back from the pedal area…
Had to laugh. I did the same thing with cruise control. But on FSDb, my foot never leaves the accelerator and brake area. Hands get relaxed but dayum those stupid creeps at intersections or weird shadow braking moments.

Do you take your foot off the accelerator while on cruise control?
I usually rest my foot on the brake lightly just in case. The car will try to adjust the speed to the max speed I set, usually with my right thumb wheel.

Having been an Engineer and an Engineering Manager for over 40 years, I don't trust Engineers, especially software engineers! ;)

I have said before, on AP and NOA, I don't trust the exchanges. So I just disengage before the exchanges. I also change lanes manually by using the lane change signals. I move away from the right most merge lane when one is coming up. But I still quite happy using it on the long stretches on I-5 between LA and SF. Stop and Go traffic on 405 when in LA is quite useful too.

I will be happy if the local traffic beta could duplicate what AP and NOA do on the Freeways. Just go straight on long stretch of straight roads, change lanes on my commands. I won't mind taking over to do turns or difficult situations. I just want relaxed drives with consistent predictive actions from the system.

I usually rest my foot on the brake lightly just in case. The car will try to adjust the speed to the max speed I set, usually with my right thumb wheel.

Having been an Engineer and an Engineering Manager for over 40 years, I don't trust Engineers, especially software engineers! ;)

I have said before, on AP and NOA, I don't trust the exchanges. So I just disengage before the exchanges. I also change lanes manually by using the lane change signals. I move away from the right most merge lane when one is coming up. But I still quite happy using it on the long stretches on I-5 between LA and SF. Stop and Go traffic on 405 when in LA is quite useful too.

I will be happy if the local traffic beta could duplicate what AP and NOA do on the Freeways. Just go straight on long stretch of straight roads, change lanes on my commands. I won't mind taking over to do turns or difficult situations. I just want relaxed drives with consistent predictive actions from the system.
I recently did a cross country drive in my model Y and had my foot hovering over the accelerator for a lot of the drive…my foot hurt a ton for the next week, I had a lump my entire vacation

I think the dispute is that not ALL people who requested beta, got beta. Speculations are it’s due to being on a newer production build than the beta is.
Which is a technical limitation. Downgrades are much harder than upgrades, so essentially those on newer builds are going to have to wait until the beta "catches up" with the version they are on. Doesnt seem to me a huge issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
You mean when they don't have to request the software ?
Yes. This is a barrier to entry (and also a large number of eligible cannot currently get the update due to .40).

The barrier to entry is significant because people who really are not ok with monitoring will not take the update.

At the moment this seems like a significant number of perhaps higher risk individuals who won’t use FSD. (We obviously don’t know the numbers, but it is large in an absolute sense.)
Tesla has decided FSDb is good enough to go to everyone.
I assume you mean “safe enough.”

I honestly don’t know how Tesla knows.

They do have a lot of data so they must have some idea of the safety level. I wonder what their internal threshold is?

I guess we’ll see what happens.

Not surprised by this expansion, as it seems relatively small (TeslaFi gives some idea). Not clear on the risk.

They just need to strike people out and not do resets I guess. Another thing to be removed before the release is wide, I assume…

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1

For the lucky new beta testers, if you think it's scary now, you should of seen the first builds! What you are now using is 10 times better than 10.2 which came out October 2021 and was the 1st release to the OG 100% safety score people, myself included.

Edit: Some of the early 10.2 thread questions and posts were like, "how do you turn it on".. " Dude, I still can't get the nerve to try it" that was me... "it tried to run into a school bus"... etc.

Last edited:
FWIW, I got two strikes last night while using NoA on freeway, and have no clue as to why. No prior warnings at all, just sudden alarm with red hands-on-wheel symbol and message that system was shut off for remainder of trip. Had hands on wheel, paying close attention to driving, no blue banners, no messages on lower screen. Had to stop, PARK, and reset. Never had an issue for 3 years until now. It was first drive with FSD 10.69.3.1
Do a bug report and ask service to tell you why

Had some time and went for about 45 minutes through midtown, east side, Ga Tech campus (not many VRUs/holiday) and some west side since traffic was holiday light. In a nutshell I find 3.1 MANY more steps back than steps forward from 2.4. It weaves a lot, "dives" at on coming cars and can't seem to find or decide on lanes. And worse yet it is back to early 10.x version levels of being VRU spooked. Every shadow of a person and it is back to hitting the brakes. In the city this is a nightmare and was soooooo MUCH better in 2.4. It did make a few "judgment" calls that were human like and a big step forward but they don't make up for all the other steps back.

A couple of GOOD "judgment" calls: Pulled up to red light in right lane with traffic in left lane. Crossing street was a hill crest but could see top of yellow arrow sign indicating my lane was blocked on the other side. On green right as it started crossing it turned on left signal well before the lane was blocked and 2 cars passed. The 3ed was ether a little slow, on iPhone or giving me a tiny bit of "city" space but still closing. My car jumped right over and hit the juice. VERY human/city driving.

3 lanes and construction blocked off the right and was about two make a right turn. There was about 2 bus lengths of lane open before turn. However there was a bus parked in the lane not all the way to the stop line. It had the flashers on so I knew it was't in traffic. My car started to pull in behind it and then somehow (maybe coincidence) judged it as "parked" and stayed in the center lane to turn right in front of bus. As fate would have it 5 seconds before the light changed the bus turns off flashers and moved forward blocking the turn. Light changed and car waited and as the bus went past it started to turn. However there was a ped in the x-walk and it had to wait again causing a honking. It still did the correct human thing by judging the bus as parked even though Murphy's Law worked against it.