Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have to be getting an update in like 24-48 hours right. They can't keep us in FOMO land after making us be their beta testers *ahem* guinea pigs *ahem* for more than a year!
If you have been a Beta tester for a year then you should know that we VERY seldom get the latest week version number update as the standard release and never at the same time. 🤣

If you have been a Beta tester for a year then you should know that we VERY seldom get the latest week version number update as the standard release and never at the same time. 🤣
I seem to remember us being equivalent during the holiday update last year. But we were behind for a while before that. I remember waiting for Tidal for a long time.

Yup, my car has been playing with the turn signals like a baby with a rattle since around last February or so. What's weird is that until fairly recently, no one else was really complaining about this behavior, now it seems like a lot more people are posting about it.
Yeah, mine was so bad I was tempted to remove the turn signal bulbs to neuter it and stick my arm out the window to signal turns by hand

In general nags in 10.69.3.1 are pretty infrequent (once every few minutes) when paying attention to the road with both hands on the wheel.

I perceived that maybe they are more frequent if you use the touch screen or take a hand off the wheel or divert gaze.

For my prior method of constantly torquing the wheel, I've noticed it doesn't really work, and this is pretty annoying and makes me wonder about the sophistication of their wheel weight defeat sensing.

Specifically, if I am actively torquing the wheel, it will still come up and bug me about torquing the wheel. If I increase torque in the SAME direction, it won't satisfy the nag. If I release the torque and let the wheel free, it of course doesn't satisfy the nag. I have to torque in the opposite direction to clear the nag.

I have to do a bit more testing of this observation (obviously all observations are subject to error). Others could also test this.

But anyway, this makes sense if they're trying to detect wheel weights in a primitive fashion. Though I can't explain why an increase in torque in the same direction would not be sufficient - unless they have simple binary sensing of applied torque and direction (which I doubt - they must have more info). Anyway pretty sad they're not being much more sophisticated, if these observations are actually correct (not clear, as I said - could be completely wrong).

Anyway, just observations, needs to be carefully confirmed, and I could be wrong. I do have video of this but of course it is hard to tell exactly what I am doing with the wheel so it's kind of pointless to watch.

But anyway, this basically means I am no longer planning to torque the wheel continuously to satisfy nags - since it's not clear it helps unless I am alternating torque frequently (I need to check this scenario to see if that condition ensures I never see a nag - I don't know how the "timer" works or whether a timer for last torque application even exists).

I've never paid that close attention to clearing the nags, how they work, and what is required for clearing them, since they don't really bother me and I don't have a problem with them. So maybe this is covering old ground.

In general nags in 10.69.3.1 are pretty infrequent (once every few minutes) when paying attention to the road with both hands on the wheel.

I perceived that maybe they are more frequent if you use the touch screen or take a hand off the wheel or divert gaze.

For my prior method of constantly torquing the wheel, I've noticed it doesn't really work, and this is pretty annoying and makes me wonder about the sophistication of their wheel weight defeat sensing.

Specifically, if I am actively torquing the wheel, it will still come up and bug me about torquing the wheel. If I increase torque in the SAME direction, it won't satisfy the nag. If I release the torque and let the wheel free, it of course doesn't satisfy the nag. I have to torque in the opposite direction to clear the nag.

I have to do a bit more testing of this observation (obviously all observations are subject to error). Others could also test this.

But anyway, this makes sense if they're trying to detect wheel weights in a primitive fashion. Though I can't explain why an increase in torque in the same direction would not be sufficient - unless they have simple binary sensing of applied torque (which I doubt).

Anyway, just observations, needs to be carefully confirmed, and I could be wrong. I do have video of this but of course it is hard to tell exactly what I am doing with the wheel so it's kind of pointless to watch.

But anyway, this basically means I am no longer planning to torque the wheel continuously to satisfy nags - since it's not clear it helps unless I am alternating torque (I need to check this to see if that condition ensures I never see a nag - I don't know how the "timer" works or whether a timer for last torque application even exists).

I've never paid that close attention to clearing the nags and what is required since they don't really bother me and I don't have a problem with them. So maybe this is covering old ground.
Agreed... first time with this release that you can't just torque more in same direction. Now just have to move it one way then the other. A whole new definition of "Nags"

Agreed... first time with this release that you can't just torque more in same direction. Now just have to move it one way then the other. A whole new definition of "Nags"
Yeah if this is actually true, it's kind of garbage. It should be possible to drive the car and never see a nag. But if that requires alternating torque that's pretty annoying, particularly on freeway drives.

We'll see. As I said repeatedly, I'm not 100% sure of my observations; nowhere close. Just started paying attention, so limited sample size and opportunity to check the details (it might even work differently when on the freeway - my observation about the alternating torque was on a surface street).

Last edited:

But anyway, this basically means I am no longer planning to torque the wheel continuously to satisfy nags - since it's not clear it helps unless I am alternating torque frequently (I need to check this scenario to see if that condition ensures I never see a nag - I don't know how the "timer" works or whether a timer for last torque application even exists).

ScanMyTesla/SMT has access to a couple of steering wheel statistics that could probably be use but maybe hard to make a graph that is easy to follow.

X1NypYJ.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Yeah if this is actually true, it's kind of garbage. It should be possible to drive the car and never see a nag. But if that requires alternating torque that's pretty annoying, particularly on freeway drives.

We'll see. As I said repeatedly, I'm not 100% sure of my observations; nowhere close. Just started paying attention, so limited sample size and opportunity to check the details (it might even work differently when on the freeway - my observation about the alternating torque was on a surface street).
Totally taking a swing Guess on this subject but was surprised to see how much can be gleaned from the advanced service menu. For one there is a test to Very accurately define the steering angle and a torque value. I suspect (guess) Tesla is now using that electronic scale to monitor hold. Another observation is that it tracks each error or warning with a detailed explanation of how the error was triggered. Could be useful for those unsure if it was a tug error or looking away etc. some rather interesting things in that simple service access.