Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need to start a channel, to show people how much the current version of FSD really sucks. It can’t even brake for red lights and/or stopping cars without slamming the brakes 50-75% of the time. Oddly enough what I experience on 10.69 isn’t what I see in shills videos. Almost as if they’re on a different release or something.

I have found this version quite unsafe, as I posted a couple of weeks ago in this thread. Unsafe for the car’s rims, and unsafe for driver and oncoming cars when it swings wide making right turns - and of course, the near “T-bone” by a truck when it left my private road to enter a public road. There was a blind spot, sure, but it didn’t creep - it leaped! I nearly pushed the brake peddle through the floorboards!
@WilliamG

Reactions: Ramphex and Pdubs
Chuck did ok this morning with UPL on 10.69.3.3 in light to medium traffic. One time it unsafely rolled through the stop sign but we've probably all experienced that.

So aside from getting on the 40.x build path maybe the biggest improvement 10.69.3.3 offers is general improved smoothness?

Back on topic...
Looks like 69.3.3 only has a handful of downloads. There doesn't appear to be anything new in the release notes and I've seen other reports that it was only a bug fix. (although one can agree that every FSD update is a bug fix!) Looks like there's probably not going to be much action before V11

As far as not getting the holiday update, meh. I got my car to drive, not play games so Steam is a nothing for me other than to make me a bit annoyed that Tesla is spending resources on games rather than on the core functions of the car (or maybe hiring someone to work on manufacturing quality control issues.) There are some other features but We'll get them soon enough.

Chuck did ok this morning with UPL on 10.69.3.3 in light to medium traffic. One time it unsafely rolled through the stop sign but we've probably all experienced that.

😬

At least three failures here. Should have bet on it with @Daniel in SD!

Oh well.

At least two large missed gaps (one 7 seconds at least!), and failure to go when clear (last one; major safety issue with following traffic; violation of “can’t do anything wrong” criteria).

Maybe someone will want to take bets on the extreme intelligence that comes with V11.

Incredibly disappointing that they have not resolved any issues and it is more timid than ever before.

Of course a much better result than when they first started trying this, but that is not the bar, with Tesla’s industry-leading goals. Basically zero user-discernible progress for several months now.

Seems unlikely they have something better in store as a Christmas present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdubs and jebinc
I need to start a channel, to show people how much the current version of FSD really sucks. It can’t even brake for red lights and/or stopping cars without slamming the brakes 50-75% of the time. Oddly enough what I experience on 10.69 isn’t what I see in shills videos. Almost as if they’re on a different release or something.
I have my own problems with FSD but this isn't one of them. I cannot remember the last time FSD slammed on it's brakes for red lights and/or stopping cars.

I cannot remember the last time FSD slammed on it's brakes for red lights and/or stopping cars.

Enable fake regen braking toggle and watch that bar. Particularly on anything even slightly downhill. Slamming is an exaggeration but “using the brakes” is what is meant here; just have to calibrate the meaning for the particular TMC user.

It is incredibly “pulsy” and basically necessitates a stalk disengagement on most such stops, allowing full regen braking to smoothly taper in with the foot entirely released from the accelerator, resulting in a smooth Tesla-controlled stop.

This of course can be seen in all published videos. Uphill grades usually ok but still pulse sometimes.

Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: kabin
Enable fake regen braking toggle and watch that bar. Particularly on anything even slightly downhill. Slamming is an exaggeration but “using the brakes” is what is meant here; just have to calibrate the meaning for the particular TMC user.

It is incredibly “pulsy” and basically necessitates a stalk disengagement on most such stops, allowing full regen braking to smoothly taper in with the foot entirely released from the accelerator, resulting in a smooth Tesla-controlled stop.

This of course can be seen in all published videos. Uphill grades usually ok but still pulse sometimes.

Sad.
As the temperatures get colder don't we expect to need to use more mechanical braking? I do notice on the regen bar the dotted line to show less regen available and see the line turn gray when more stopping is needed. I do notice that the car on FSD does sometimes fail to slow as soon as I might for a stop I see ahead but I think that is a camera problem in judging distance.

As the temperatures get colder don't we expect to need to use more mechanical braking?

I’m not talking about situations where regen is limited. Warm battery, etc. I keep my car at 40-60% SOC and I live in San Diego, and park in a garage, so has to be very cold to have limited regen.

But I have to turn on fake regen to see the braking portion of the bar.

but I think that is a camera problem in judging distance.

Yeah seems like a big problem. I think it is actually something simpler than that. I get the sense they know the distance and just have really bad control loops. But I could be wrong.

The biggest problem is that they STOP BRAKING after they have started braking. This is nonsensical.

I’m not talking about situations where regen is limited. Warm battery, etc. I keep my car at 40-60% SOC and I live in San Diego, and park in a garage, so has to be very cold to have limited regen.
OK Thanks. I have see this problem on down hill stops and when traffic ahead is stopped, sometimes, but not on stop signs or traffic lights, without a line of stopped cars. What settings do you use?

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

Sad.
My Model Y has two settings for regenerative braking (low & standard) and on early releases I would hear hard braking which drove me crazy when it happened. That rarely happens now and never when I approach lights or cars. I have never disengaged when just coming to a stop. Smooth stopping is one of the few things FSD does well for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
My Model Y has two settings for regenerative braking (low & standard) and on early releases I would hear braking. That rarely happens now and never when I approach lights or cars. I have never disengaged when just coming to a stop.
Yes I have a Y and have had similar experiences. I may have disengaged once for a stop sign but because I thought the car was not going to stop.

My Model Y has two settings for regenerative braking (low & standard) and on early releases I would hear braking. That rarely happens now and never when I approach lights or cars. I have never disengaged when just coming to a stop. Smooth stopping is one of the few things FSD does well for me.

Do you turn on fake regen and observe the bar?

Anyway would be interesting to see video. I’ve never seen this (I mean sometimes it stops just fine, but I mean over a large sample of stops it fails a lot).

Do you turn on fake regen and observe the bar?

Anyway would be interesting to see video. I’ve never seen this (I mean sometimes it stops just fine, but I mean over a large sample of stops it fails a lot).
Define failure.
As long as the car stops smoothly I don't really care how much regen it uses. Although clearly the more the better for the battery and brakes.
After we had snow the other day which I drove manually I reduced the regen setting. On my next drive I thought what is wrong with braking and remembered I had forgotten to reset to standard regen. So whatever you call "fake" doesn't apply to my car.

😬

At least three failures here. Should have bet on it with @Daniel in SD!

Oh well.

At least two large missed gaps (one 7 seconds at least!), and failure to go when clear (last one; major safety issue with following traffic; violation of “can’t do anything wrong” criteria).

Maybe someone will want to take bets on the extreme intelligence that comes with V11.

Incredibly disappointing that they have not resolved any issues and it is more timid than ever before.

Of course a much better result than when they first started trying this, but that is not the bar, with Tesla’s industry-leading goals. Basically zero user-discernible progress for several months now.

Seems unlikely they have something better in store as a Christmas present.
Yep, seems like more “smart summon” like stuff; useful largely as a parlor trick.

Last edited: