Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful of the word "stoooopid".... could get modded....
Retarded is out now. How about handicapped?

It’s a handicap to have to reach for that handicapped camera icon to report a handicapped move the car did, so I just use voice command with my thumb and words so I don’t look handicapped digging for the icon.

• Funny
Reactions: PACEMD and Ramphex
Has Teslascope referred to single stack / FSD Beta 11 as the same as wide release / toggle? I'm pretty sure they're well aware of the difference, but the confusion for some people is probably because both milestones have been targeting end-of-year release. It might end up being the same single release as a Holiday Update Part 2, but time is indeed running out for either one to happen this year let alone both.

Here's a quick summary of the two milestones. Single stack / FSD Beta 11 is referring to having FSD Beta's city streets driving behavior replace the legacy highway driving that has powered Navigate on Autopilot, and Autopilot team has been working towards this since July 2021 incrementally adding capabilities as part of FSD Beta 10.x. Wide release / toggle is referring to the likely end of the "safety score" testing group that started with FSD Beta 10.2 in October 2021 where people needed to push a request button and wait for Tesla to push separate software to the vehicle, and instead the regular production vehicle software would go to "everybody" like before FSD Beta and include a toggle in the Autopilot settings screen to directly enable "Full Self-Driving (Beta)" without waiting for separate software.

To be clear, since November, Tesla has deployed single stack wider than internal alpha testing to a group of stricter NDA employees while the intent of wide release has basically happened with the removal of Safety Score and Autopilot mileage checks although the user experience of needing to push the request button and checkboxes then wait isn't ideal.

There's just 10 days left in 2022 for Tesla reach these milestones of deploying single stack to more than a tiny percentage of vehicles and achieving actually wide release to the probably small percentage of vehicles that can't use FSD Beta yet (e.g., those who didn't want to accept the terms when requesting limited early access FSD Beta, vehicles with "too new" vehicle software, vehicles with older hardware like MCU1, vehicles that had too many FSD Beta strikes).
Given that the current 2022.44.25.5 FSD holiday update has not rolled out to more than a small number of cars, I can't help but to envision a high level council at Tesla daring each other to click the "V11 Release" button.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Phlier and Pdubs
Given that the current 2022.44.25.5 FSD holiday update has not rolled out to more than a small number of cars, I can't help but to envision a high level council at Tesla daring each other to click the "V11 Release" button.
This post made me think of a Mel Brooks movie

It does seem like you can't buy ANYTHING without there being a subscription attached or offered. I have very few (Apple music, Peloton) because I think they're a BS way of doing business. If you want my business, provide a good product with good customer service and I'll stay a loyal customer!
When you're providing a cloud-based service, the server costs must be paid somehow. Either you bundle a lifetime of estimated server and software maintenance into the up front purchase price, or you charge a subscription fee. An ad-based service probably isn't very feasible for a garage door opener. Chamberlain could design the product to simply use a direct WiFi connection on your local network. That would eliminate the need to maintain a cloud service. But, the opener would not be accessible outside of your local network. You would not be able to activate the opener when away from home. Nor would you be able to take advantage of the home delivery option with Amazon or Walmart, should that be useful to you.

Personally, I find the cost to be a bit high for the provided capability. But, I have a Homeassistant server in my house, which is capable of operating my garage door automatically when I come and go, so I find it uneccessary to pay for Tesla Integration.

Reactions: Pdubs and Phlier
It is not v11, just renamed 3.3 that was released last week, sans holiday update features.
I am very aware of that. My thought was that there could also be a V11 holiday build that Tesla would like to release. There's a remote chance they could be trying to decide which version to push to the bulk of the FSD testers. It just seems that if the decision had been made to hold off on V11 until after the holiday update, then we would all be downloading 2022.44.25.5 by now.

It's probably a simple matter of needing to fix some critical issue with 2022.44.25.5 and we'll get pushed something like .10. But, a person can dream...

Nah, stopped at 628.

Installed and pending? Was at like 780 when I posted. Still growing slightly at a little over 800 just now. Maybe just timing of when we checked.

1671660405685.png

Has anyone been able to force check the update? Last 2 days I’ve been trying to force check by going to the software tab but noticed it’s not even updating. It says last updated 2 days ago and can’t get it to force a check right now. Tried soft reset too and nothing
I have tried everything I could think of, but I am not stuck at 2 days ago. Maybe see if service can remotely help?