Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still feel empty inside after this update, not sure if it's the lack of FSDb improvement or the lack of Steam.

Apple Music does remind me that Apple might be making a car one day and the integration between my devices would be pretty awesome. I'm sure they won't drop the ball on adding an App Store either.

It’s the lack of v11 for me. Took a brief drive and 69.25 isn’t any different from 69.3.1. Still unusable on narrow streets. Also did a hard stop for “STOP” text on the ground, ignoring the “AHEAD” text next to it and the fact that the actual stop sign was another 50 feet away.

I didn’t spend much time with Apple Music but it reminded me a lot of the Spotify app with its random lag when switching tracks. Also I read that it uses 128kbps or lower quality and it definitely sounds like it - no sound quality advantage using the Tesla app. Back to bluetooth it is.

Last edited:
It’s the lack of v11 for me. Took a brief drive and 69.25 isn’t any different from 69.3.1. Still unusable on narrow streets. Also did a hard stop for “STOP” text on the ground, ignoring the “AHEAD” text next to it and the fact that the actual stop sign was another 50 feet ahead.

I didn’t spend much time with Apple Music but it reminded me a lot of the Spotify app with its random lag when switching tracks. Also I read that it uses 128kbps or lower quality and it definitely sounds like it - no sound quality advantage using the Tesla app. Back to bluetooth it is.
They're too cheap to pay for the bandwidth we'd otherwise use if we streamed high quality tracks. Which brings up another interesting topic, the modems in these cars are 2G/3G/4G. Those bands are a dying breed (2G is gone, 3G is being phased out by AT&T, which is what our cars are on, as of 02/2022. 4G is not far behind.) I wonder how long our cars will be able to keep up with a quality cell connection without requiring a $2,000 modem upgrade for 5G and higher.

Difference in music tracks by sound quality
1285BA11-A7C6-472A-9081-EFC3697CF6D9.jpeg

They're too cheap to pay for the bandwidth we'd otherwise use if we streamed high quality tracks. Which brings up another interesting topic, the modems in these cars are 2G/3G/4G. Those bands are a dying breed (2G is gone, 3G is being phased out by AT&T, which is what our cars are on, as of 02/2022. 4G is not far behind.) I wonder how long our cars will be able to keep up with a quality cell connection without requiring a $2,000 modem upgrade for 5G and higher.

View attachment 888029
Is there any way to force HQ 256kbps through wifi perhaps?

• Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Not sure with Apple Music. Pretty sure that was the deal with Tidal, HQ on WiFi only, but that would require you to tether your phone every drive for HQ music.

Unless you drive around with a random hotspot in your car, that you pay another $10/month for. So $10/month to Tesla for "PREMIUM connectivity" and $10/month to a cell network for a hotspot just to hear quality music on the "premium audio system" 🤔

View attachment 888029
I remember buying the 2G->3G upgrade for my LEAF, the telematics suddenly because almost usable, but still annoyingly slow.

After a quick drive to see what's new the holiday release does seem to add some needed polish to the user interface.
Audio controls and navigation are much better, I'm glad the cards are back, good to see homelink in a better place and of course having Apple Music is much better.

I remember buying the 2G->3G upgrade for my LEAF, the telematics suddenly because almost usable, but still annoyingly slow.

After a quick drive to see what's new the holiday release does seem to add some needed polish to the user interface.
Audio controls and navigation are much better, I'm glad the cards are back, good to see homelink in a better place and of course having Apple Music is much better.
UI updates are nice, can't deny that.

Not sure with Apple Music. Pretty sure that was the deal with Tidal, HQ on WiFi only, but that would require you to tether your phone every drive for HQ music.

Unless you drive around with a random hotspot in your car, that you pay another $10/month for. So $10/month to Tesla for "PREMIUM connectivity" and $10/month to a cell network for a hotspot just to hear quality music on the "premium audio system" 🤔
Yea true, I tried hot spotting from my iPhone a few time but my phone felt like it was going to melt every time. Also the battery would drain even while being on the charging pad lol

Highest sound quality is Bluetooth or even better USB drive with saved music, if you have it.

I subscribe to tidal from time to time during my high volume drive times (pun intended).

It does require wi-fi for their high fidelity tracks. Not going to lie, the 'playlist' nature of it isn't great and lack of a shuffle is downright awful. Reason I don't maintain a subscription full time.

It does bring the sound system ALIVE. Like sit out in the driveway in your car and sample tracks alive.

I subscribe to tidal from time to time during my high volume drive times (pun intended).

It does require wi-fi for their high fidelity tracks. Not going to lie, the 'playlist' nature of it isn't great and lack of a shuffle is downright awful. Reason I don't maintain a subscription full time.

It does bring the sound system ALIVE. Like sit out in the driveway in your car and sample tracks alive.
Yea, too bad we can't enjoy HQ music with just PAID PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY on our PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEMS.