Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that V11 is just v10.69 with a feature flag switched or #define set that disables the mode switch to the legacy highway stack when entering a highway. It is reasonable to assume that all development going into v10.69 would have to also be present in v11, with the exception of changes to the legacy highway stack (and changes to that code are probably nonexistent anyway). So the entire branch probably consists of nothing more than some build settings changes on the same code base to flip the flag and show a different version number.
That would make sense if V10 worked effectively. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Several of V11's NNs are new, larger, and more capable. And more recently we learned vehicle controls were also converted to NNs so V10 and V11 are likely night and day different.

Last edited:
Phantom vehicle at left side related to an occupancy network bug?

Interesting catch. I have seen cases where the occupancy network sees a car but whatever network is responsible for classifying objects doesn't label it a car and I get a car-shaped grey blob on the vis. So I'm not sure this case is purely occupancy network.

In fact I think some visualization objects are generated by the legacy stack, like speed limit signs and stop lights, so this phantom car could be purely a legacy stack object.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
There are what appear to be all new release notes.
I thought this was a simple fix...
Don't have yet but Not a Tesla App list them as the same. Plus post a picture of your notes to support your claim.

Just got 2022.44.30.10. It's Thursday 1/19 9am-ish. Dirty Tesla got it Tuesday so it's coming down to us peons now. Looks like V11 will follow 30.10 as maybe 11.4 or .5, not .3 and 2022.44 will stay right ahead of it to make the transition smoother rather than regressing immediately. C'est vrai?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Don't have yet but Not a Tesla App list them as the same. Plus post a picture of your notes to support your claim.

I just went to the car and compared, unfortunately you are correct, they are identical. Geez... throw us a bone already...

Reactions: VanFriscia
I just went to the car and compared, unfortunately you are correct, they are identical. Geez... throw us a bone already...
Bones don't come in xx.xx.xx.X updates. That is only some mostly invisible scraps at best. Here is the TRUE difference in any of these updates no matter what people on YouTube or here say.

EDIT: Tesla NEEDS to throw us a REAL Bone in V11. But after a year that Bone may be near fossilized already. 🤔 🤣

IMG_2285.jpeg

Bones don't come in xx.xx.xx.X updates. That is only some mostly invisible scraps at best. Here is the TRUE difference in any of these updates no matter what people on YouTube or here say.

EDIT: Tesla NEEDS to throw us a REAL Bone in V11. But after a year that Bone may be near fossilized already. 🤔 🤣

View attachment 897551
I put about 50 miles on it. Only noticeable differences were it's braking or regen is better coming up to stopped traffic and lights, and it wasn't slowing down on flashing yellow lights or because a car was in the median and about to enter the roadway.
My only scraps of potential changes.

Seemed to show up with debris (and road reflector) on the ground. And it changed the direction of the car at one point.

YlN3M1T.jpg
That seems to line up initially when the tesla was stationary. A few photon count point sources about the size of a 2D car so FSDb makes it so and post processing (occupancy network?) perpetuates it.

It would be interesting to drive through that area without stopping (perfectly timed green light) to see if it triggered a phantom brake.

That seems to line up initially when the tesla was stationary. A few photon count point sources about the size of a 2D car so FSDb makes it so and post processing (occupancy network?) perpetuates it.

It would be interesting to drive through that area without stopping (perfectly timed green light) to see if it triggered a phantom brake.
The thing is when the car proceeded quite a bit further forward the car was still present in the same location. It didn't shift relative to the car.

Probably just a bug. Forgot to turn off that vehicle.

The thing is when the car proceeded quite a bit further forward the car was still present in the same location. It didn't shift relative to the car.

Probably just a bug. Forgot to turn off that vehicle.
That would be a heck of a vehicle to forget to turn off given how close it is and its dangerous orientation. I would think there would need to be an occurrence like that during the current drive.

Many times target processing involves making objects persist even if the sensor doesn't see them anymore. In this case FSDb might see a target vehicle but then loses confidence it's a vehicle etc but lets it persist for a given number of processing cycles until the system is certain it was bad data/noise in which time is drops the object.

That would be a heck of a vehicle to forget to turn off given how close it is and its dangerous orientation. I would think there would need to be an occurrence like that during the current drive.

Many times target processing involves making objects persist even if the sensor doesn't see them anymore. In this case FSDb might see a target vehicle but then loses confidence it's a vehicle etc but lets it persist for a given number of processing cycles until the system is certain it was bad data/noise in which time is drops the object.
It might not even think the vehicle is there - could be a display bug of zero consequence.

Hard to say. It probably happens all the time.

Just got 2022.44.30.10. It's Thursday 1/19 9am-ish. Dirty Tesla got it Tuesday so it's coming down to us peons now. Looks like V11 will follow 30.10 as maybe 11.4 or .5, not .3 and 2022.44 will stay right ahead of it to make the transition smoother rather than regressing immediately. C'est vrai?
You could be right but what makes you believe it will not be .3 since that is the version rumored to come out to non-employees?

The Model S decided to merge into the fast lane, turning a left blinker on, then moved there and started sudden deceleration to a speed of 7 mph as if being pulled over, causing vehicles behind it to bump or crash into each other.
Italics added. Interesting choice of words
I thought this looked like someone signaled a lane change, slowed, then braked hard instead of accelerating or abandoning the move but this news suggests that the move was FSDb's choice.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Italics added. Interesting choice of words
I thought this looked like someone signaled a lane change, slowed, then braked hard instead of accelerating or abandoning the move but this news suggests that the move was FSDb's choice.
Didn’t thinks fsd beta is active on highways. Did this person responsible for that accident have v11 and single stack? I doubt it. It all sounds fishy and the fact that the NHTSA or whatever alphabet agency they are now can’t differentiate between fsd and NoA lowers my faith in them even more.