Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last 24 hour with FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20

• Cross double yellow line to avoid bicyclist with oncoming traffic less that 5 second away
  • Attempt to go down wrong side of street after crossing intersection
  • Standard left turn with a green light - completed 95% of turn followed by hard wheel jerk, hard breaking with a car behind me
  • Stopped at red light for ~20 seconds, supposed to be going straight, tries to enter right turn only lane to enter a “faster lane”
  • About to stop for red light, tries to change lanes in front of fast moving car
  • Left turn into strip mall, unprotected left across 4 very busy / fast lanes. Entered left turn area too early and ended up in median for turn onto wrong street. FSD realized from navigation that it was in the wrong spot and disengaged itself, kept coasting until it entered oncoming traffic (I thought it was going to commit to the left turn and go in a gap - nope just come into gradual stop in the middle of traffic).

10.69 better be frickin amazing.

So if you are listening to music you adjust volume every 30sec? Something wrong with your car.
No, only talking about the few times when the red pay attention pops up
The rest of the time I just jiggle the yoke.
The music volume is on the left side of the yoke.
You can also hit the left or right blinker on the yoke or adjust the speed up or down.
No stalks on yoke...
All of those work for all nags..

I don’t know what you’re smoking, but I would stop smoking it.

Why would I wait for the FSD to strike me out instead of disengaging while it’s yelling at me for no reason to keep paying attention while I’m already paying attention, and can’t pay anymore attention. It’s like touching a hot stove, it burning you, and then touching it again 3 times. I’ll stick to my troubleshooting style and you stick to yours.

Single strike was in testing to see if jerking off the wheel and staring forward would go away after some time, but it doesn’t, it just strikes out. So now the option is to use FSD and disengage within 10-15 seconds or wait longer for it to strike like it did the first time.
This may be a somewhat unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway. You should just try FSD beta with polarized sunglasses on. The cabin camera gets confused and doesn't react when you have them on allowing you to do your testing. Obviously pay attention to the road, hands on wheel, yada yada yada while doing this testing.

This may be a somewhat unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyway. You should just try FSD beta with polarized sunglasses on. The cabin camera gets confused and doesn't react when you have them on allowing you to do your testing. Obviously pay attention to the road, hands on wheel, yada yada yada while doing this testing.
Interesting you mention that, I literally just got a pair of polarized glasses for the boat, I’ll try them tomorrow in the car

Reactions: FSDtester#1

they don't need to be polarized. Just dark enough so the camera can't see your eyes.

-edit- if you have a refreshed S/X, you might have IR emitters next to the cabin camera. If that's the case, sunglasses of any kind shouldn't fool the camera. The IR emitters will give you "Terminator eyes". It will see your pupils behind the sunglasses.

they don't need to be polarized. Just dark enough so the camera can't see your eyes.

-edit- if you have a refreshed S/X, you might have IR emitters next to the cabin camera. If that's the case, sunglasses of any kind shouldn't fool the camera. The IR emitters will give you "Terminator eyes". It will see your pupils behind the sunglasses.
Yeah I've only ever worn polarized lenses in the car so didn't want to overgeneralize. Good to know. I discovered sunglasses do this to the camera since I got it in October 2021 as the cabin camera alerts completely disappear even when fiddling around with the screen. Only if you look down or away purposely does it notice and tell you to pay attention. My own personal experience...

Last 24 hour with FSD Beta 2022.12.3.20

• Cross double yellow line to avoid bicyclist with oncoming traffic less that 5 second away
  • Attempt to go down wrong side of street after crossing intersection
  • Standard left turn with a green light - completed 95% of turn followed by hard wheel jerk, hard breaking with a car behind me
  • Stopped at red light for ~20 seconds, supposed to be going straight, tries to enter right turn only lane to enter a “faster lane”
  • About to stop for red light, tries to change lanes in front of fast moving car
  • Left turn into strip mall, unprotected left across 4 very busy / fast lanes. Entered left turn area too early and ended up in median for turn onto wrong street. FSD realized from navigation that it was in the wrong spot and disengaged itself, kept coasting until it entered oncoming traffic (I thought it was going to commit to the left turn and go in a gap - nope just come into gradual stop in the middle of traffic).

10.69 better be frickin amazing.
I have experienced the same issue. Comes to a stop for a red light behind another car. Then decides to jerk over to the next open turning lane (I presume because it thinks it’s a faster lane) nearly cutting off the traffic behind.

Reactions: GranularHail
Yeah I've only ever worn polarized lenses in the car so didn't want to overgeneralize. Good to know. I discovered sunglasses do this to the camera since I got it in October 2021 as the cabin camera alerts completely disappear even when fiddling around with the screen. Only if you look down or away purposely does it notice and tell you to pay attention. My own personal experience...

Same. I don't wear sunglasses for the purpose of defeating the in-cabin camera. I just always wear sunglasses while driving during the day because it's so much more comfortable.

I wonder if the tesla will complain if you just cover the IR emitters. Cause if it doesn't, then sunglasses might then do the trick :D

I believed that FSD beta would travel straight if navigation was inactive
It seems like it turns or goes straight depending on whatever the neural network believes is the most likely behavior at an intersection. Typically this is going straight, but it can suddenly turn even if the road continues forward if it looks "different," e.g., up a hill, so be extra careful when using FSD Beta this way as it can be quite unexpected.

Similarly people might have noticed even with a navigation destination that FSD Beta can make a right turn when it should have made a left if it doesn't predict with enough confidence that a left turn is available. This is probably what happened sometimes in older versions attempting Chuck Cook's turn where it didn't consistently predict there was a left turn destination -- not that there was some special logic to abort a difficult left turn.

1661833286283.png

Looks like we’ll get to miss out on that feature, even if we get the 10.69.2 lol

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I do it 10 + Times per day and it works. Maybe particular to the S.
I will post a video of it working, but it will cost you a pint of beer 🍺
How do you know it works? You would expect the pay attention to go away when you pay attention…. So I guess that is the question - how do you know what cleared it? You’d have to keep staring out the side window while your passenger uses the scroll wheel I guess, to see if it works - do it several times in a row without looking forward to see if you get a strike i guess. Seems a bit unsafe but what can you do?

Anyway, I never see the “pay attention,” so maybe (certainly?) I am wrong. The only thing I ever see (very briefly) is the apply slight torque - every now and again it’ll flash on and off very quickly, before I can respond to it (since I am responding to it before it occurs).

Last edited:
There is potential that the public FSD Beta could be on 2022.20.x. If Tesla expects there to be a 10.69.1 and 10.69.2, then that allows 2 more weeks to merge the 10.69 FSD Beta part of the code with the main software.
Looks like there was something important enough to merge FSD Beta 10.69.1 to 2022.20:

2022.20.10.png

If 22.20.10 then that sorta makes since that 10.69.1 is only going out to the same 1000 testers since it must be evaluated before releasing. However that brings up the question of WHY even release 22.16.3.10 with 10.69 but instead just wait a week for 22.20.10 integration and it be 10.69? Guess Tesla just wanted a little pre-preliminary testing before......well..... preliminary testing. Now come on next week.