Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car takes slightly more than 2 seconds to even respond to the yellow light. haha.

Why would the car care about the yellow light? Isn't it something like 40 feet past the stop line when the light turns yellow?

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 12.31.06 AM.png

Why would the car care about the yellow light? Isn't it something like 40 feet past the stop line when the light turns yellow?

View attachment 850936
There are two sets of lights here. I say it is correct to stop, if you get stuck in the intersection between lights (but not in the second intersection) and you have pedestrians crossing (which they are likely to do if the following light turns red).

This is all a one-way system so the second set of lights are basically for pedestrians - if no pedestrians and no crosswalk it's just a one-way Y (the first set looks like it is for the street coming in from the right). So if that second light is red might be better not to proceed!

I could be wrong, but that's how I'd interpret it if I drove and got stuck there.

There have been a lot of changes here in the street view - some pictures are old and some are new, as pointed out earlier.

I'm not a Canadian though! Crazy people (and crazy streets) up there.

I have no idea. I guess I assumed it stopped erroneously for the yellow light. Maybe it was stopping erroneously for some other reason?
The claim was that FSD beta is awesome at figuring out the crossing intent of pedestrians but it stops in the middle of a crosswalk that a pedestrian clearly intended to use. I might have missed it but I don't think it yielded to a single pedestrian in the video. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I guess I assumed it stopped erroneously for the yellow light.
I thought it stopped because the pedestrian stepped into the crosswalk. I would have guessed the yellow light too, but it went on the red, so not sure why yellow would matter.

Also you can see her milling around in the visualization. She entered the intersection around the time the speed dropped from 9mph. She planned to walk behind the car as it was passing, but then it slammed to a halt when she tried to do so.

Last edited:
Well it's good that they are really polishing 10.69.2. 10.69.1.1 is rough on surface streets!

This will be my final post (unless responding to questions directed at me) in this thread, which I'm sure everyone will appreciate, until Chuck does some turns with 10.69.2.

Two clips from this evening here (low production value, as promised; plenty of shaking, gonna have to tighten up that mount). Full disclosure: between these two clips there was a good 3+ mile long run without any major errors (except for a late entrance to a right turn lane, and a choice of lane I would not have preferred due to it being a bit more hazardous than another lane), including a few traffic lights, and a single successful right turn with a lead vehicle and no trailing traffic (important to not have trailing traffic). As I've said, it does reasonably well on straight stretches without too much traffic control, or traffic.

First one, dive into the freeway exit lane making a beeline for the barrier (does this every time), take a freeway entrance excessively slowly and with oscillations (already covered), slam on the brakes for some flashing yellow lights above the street, then fail to make an obvious left turn lane, resulting in disengagement (yesterday failed after it entered; today it failed before it entered).

Second one, slam on the brakes for no apparent reason (maybe because a pedestrian who I couldn't see yet was on the corner, but I doubt it, as I've seen slowing here before - though it makes me wonder, maybe FSD is superhuman! - and in any case there was no reason to even slow down since the pedestrian was on the sidewalk), then fail to signal for a turn until the last second, then jerk the wheel suddenly to the left to go in front of someone at a left turn (resulting in disengagement). (If you go frame by frame at 33 seconds, you'll see my right hand get jerked up, concurrent with the blue pathing once again extending in front of the oncoming vehicle (rather than being faded blue). When I resist the left-turning wheel motion, that resulted in an immediate safety disengagement. Hands on the wheel, folks, even if FSD Beta was just pulling my leg.)

Did about 7-8 reports on this drive, I think 3-4 interventions, though I tend to lose track. Maybe the fixes will get rolled in as late changes for 10.69.2! Doing it for all the people who don't have it yet. All these issues will hopefully be polished out by the end of the weekend!

Capability question: When will FSD Beta change lanes to the left when someone in front starts signaling right, and it is going straight? It doesn't do this yet. Seems like a very important capability. Though not as important as not (pretend?) turning in directly in front of someone (they should fix that).

Last edited:
haha. I would have disengaged so many times.
This girl is like why did you stop right in front of me in the middle of the crosswalk? And then of course he proceeds to run the red light! Interestingly it was red on the screen as well.
Actually it didn't run the Red Light since it is an offset intersection. The Red Light Stop Line is here (Red Arrow) and the car stoped for the pedestrian where the car is in front. So it was actually over ½ through the intersection when it stopped for the pedestrian. So it MUST preceded in order to clear the offset intersection to the right for traffic (Blue Arrow).

EDIT: Also the offset street is ONE WAY street from right to left (Green Arrows) so there would not be any oncoming traffic from the left to worry about and it would have been a 100% block of that street to sit there. So Beta did the correct thing.

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 6.45.38 AM.png

Last edited:
Actually it didn't run the Red Light since it is an offset intersection. The Red Light Stop Line is here (Red Arrow) and the car stoped for the pedestrian where the car is in front. So it was actually over ½ through the intersection when it stopped for the pedestrian. So it MUST preceded in order to clear the offset intersection to the right for traffic (Blue Arrow).

EDIT: Also the offset street is ONE WAY street from right to left (Green Arrows) so there would not be any oncoming traffic from the left to worry about and it would have been a 100% block of that street to sit there. So Beta did the correct thing.
All the crosswalk lights are green. The light for the offset street is also red unless they have green crosswalk lights in conflict with perpendicular traffic lights in Canada.
Why not just treat the red light as a stop sign and drive through all three crosswalks? Obviously they should have disengaged and driven around the Prius (who clearly intended to turn left) like a normal human driver and avoided the whole situation entirely.

1662820118392.png

Last edited:
My bad. USA market only. I stand corrected.

Elon Musk: aims to have self-driving Teslas ready by year-end in the U.S​

Could you actually post an article if you want to post an article?

Instead of just a bolded headline? So we could actually judge the article based on the text rather than a headline without context?

Are you afraid that providing context might nuance this discussion you're attempting to polarize?

Last edited:
I just wanted to update. My non ev and Tesla hating wife just took ride #3 in my car.
This is over 1 year of ownership. Reason: Minivan in shop at Honda for 4 recalls.
2 safety related. She still MF'ed the car the whole way. "Where are all the buttons?, why did they make it so fast?, How come it doesn't make noise?, why is there air blowing into my butt?"...
Bottom line, they may have to make ice vehicles illegal and punishable by death to get her to own one.

I just wanted to update. My non ev and Tesla hating wife just took ride #3 in my car.
This is over 1 year of ownership. Reason: Minivan in shop at Honda for 4 recalls.
2 safety related. She still MF'ed the car the whole way. "Where are all the buttons?, why did they make it so fast?, How come it doesn't make noise?, why is there air blowing into my butt?"...
Bottom line, they may have to make ice vehicles illegal and punishable by death to get her to own one.
Lol. Did she also ask you what you’re going to do when the battery dies?