Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey- I just received FSD beta yesterday. The first thing I did was a camera calibration before I even turned it on because I was on way home from work. Anyways, my car has been behaving oddly. To preface this I have been a huge fan of FSD for over 4 years now and probably watched about all FSD beta vids on YT before I qualified with safety score. To get to the point, my car will not do things such as, pass pedestrians that are In front of us, (It will instead cruise behind them extremely slowly unwilling to maneuver around) It also chooses every slight bend in the road that has a intersecting road to our right as a good time to use the blinker. I probably have blinker ever 20 seconds when I am driving. Has anyone else experienced this very weird behavior? or is this normal????? PS: i have only tested on backroads and have experienced A TON OF PHANTOM BREAKING.
Could all this have to do with me needing to recalibrate again? Or does this version just not do things like pass pedestrians. It seemed to prefer to tail him at 10 mph instead of passing for my 33 mph set speed.
Thanks!
I have so many random blinker activations that I stopped noticing, has been happening since the very early betas.

This.

I've never had to apply much force to take over...

Yes. The time to disengage is before the wheel turns. If you just want to “see what happens” that is different and is still an option in carefully chosen scenarios with no other vehicles. But after the wheel turns significantly is not when you try to disengage. At most it should get a little jerk and, then shut off.

FSD is not driving for us. We’re driving. (A lot of confusion about this and I am not sure why.) So it is important to steer the car!

using FSD in Canada, still lots of issues I am encountering. The FSD beta also does not seem to recognize school zones as it goes 50km/h where it should be 30km/h. I've also had some issues with it changing lanes very aggressively on a solid line (from left turn lane only into the right straight lane). Overall, I am impressed but still work needs to be done
What does FSDb do when encountering the flashing green lights, that are common in BC?

I generally have my hands on my knees right next to the steering wheel or have my left arm on the arm rest and a couple fingers on the wheel. I've tried keeping my hands on the wheel and find it very difficult to do so without causing disengagements and/or rather tiring to hold my arms out without physically holding the wheel. When the car is doing a 'high risk' maneuver or one where I have a suspicion it will have difficulty I have my hands hovering over the wheel but physically can't do that all the time.
Interesting! I rest both of my hands on the wheel at 3 and 9 o’clock, and that works out well for me. The bit of weight I put on the wheel balances each other out except for a small bias to apply some torque. I don’t get nags nor unwanted disengagements doing it that way.
FSD is not driving for us. We’re driving. (A lot of confusion about this and I am not sure why.) So it is important to steer the car!
Agreed! As I hold the wheel, I move the wheel the way I would if I were driving, and it almost always mimics what FSD wants to do anyway. In the rare cases we differ, the instant disengagement ends up being a good thing.

The intersection only provides the green arrow if you're waiting at it while it's red. Otherwise it's just a solid green controlling an unprotected left. This morning I happened to come to it without the arrow, so it will be interesting to try again under different circumstances.

Just following up on this. FSDb took that odd left like a champ on green arrow. So the geometry only seems to cause bad brake pumping hesitation when unprotected.

Made it from driveway to destination with one disengagement: when it tried to complete a left turn into a road marked with a "DO NOT ENTER" sign (it's the correct direction of travel, but reserved for buses). But it's understandable, because the correct lane to enter looks like it's on the wrong side of the median:

Screenshot_20220921-184348-958.png

You never realize how many corner-cases exist on your daily commutes that you don't think twice about while manually driving.

I'm still stuck on 2022.20.15 (69.2). Any advice? This is the first time I've been stuck on an older version of FSDb well after the push to all beta testers.

Looking at Teslafi, fewer than 10% of beta testers are still on this version.

My car is connected to wifi and I've rebooted multiple times. I presume the issue is on Tesla's side and for whatever reason my VIN hasn't been assigned the new update, but just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Funny he's not getting frequent nags. Could be a hidden weight on the steering wheel or steering resitance with his legs but either way it looks careless.
I am thinking the same. I get constant nags and they are worse after 10.69.2.2. I. Holding my yoke all the time and with torque. I noticed at night it is worse when turning and get the red alerts frequently. Iay have to stop using FSDb until they improve the nags and potential strikes for me.

Wow, I should have watched until the end! Per the terms, that counts too. So 1/2 on that drive. So I could even spot @Daniel in SD the turn with the 7.6 second gap and I still win. 88% (82%)

That was pretty bad. Though not sure what the other driver was doing - probably he didn't like the wheels, so really can't blame the driver for giving the right of way - the right decision. Shows the importance of FSD Beta not turning the wheels - good human drivers really look at those things. And soon FSD will too, hopefully. Don't turn the wheels until the commit...as we all know, that's something we never do. You can creep forward as much as you want, but can't turn the wheels.

Not sure why Chuck didn't immediately disengage as soon as the wheels turned. So risky. Always be disengaging!

"The car baited me with his waiting on me"
Maybe don't drive like you're drunk and people won't treat you like you're a drunk driver. haha.

Been off the grid, I take it I lost the bet?
I have faith 10.69.3 will be 90%!

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Try using a tighter grip on the wheel. Just steer the car the way you normally do. If it tries to turn it will just disengage which is good.
Please don't tell me how to drive. The grip had nothing to do with what happened other then I'm glad my hands were on the wheel. You weren't at the wheel when I had to make an instant decision and obviously I made the right one. Remember context is key and this was about a year ago when FSD was even more erratic then today. FSD is making a jerky 90 degree right hand turn and FSD all of a sudden decides to go 120 degrees the opposite way it's an interesting experience. Remember I stated I confirmed what happened by going back and recreating the problem. Emailed Tesla and after several updates the mapping error was fixed.

By the way got my drivers license in 1968 and have a perfect driving record, with no accidents not even a minor ding or a moving violation. And that is driving in greater Boston the entire time.

Please don't tell me how to drive.
I’m not. I am making a suggestion. If the wheel spins and is going the wrong way, that can only happen if you are not holding it. Up to you. Just something I find helpful.

In general FSD Beta is so good now at taking corners, that it is easier than ever to just hold the wheel. Basically you give it confirmation every 0.3 seconds or so that the assist is still complying with what your driving plan is.

Reactions: GWord and Bpseattle
"The car baited me with his waiting on me"
Maybe don't drive like you're drunk and people won't treat you like you're a drunk driver. haha.

Been off the grid, I take it I lost the bet?
I have faith 10.69.3 will be 90%!
Yes you lost. There was also another failure yesterday on some of his front-facing UPLs from the main road to a side road. Final score 84% (might have missed a couple on his first Memorial Drive video on 10.69.2). At this point I will go ahead and take your bet under the same terms if you want (don’t know how to quit while I am ahead). Going to be awkward if I win again though. At some point it’s just not good to take stuff from gambling addicts.

I actually think I will probably lose the 10.69.3 bet but enough of a chance that it is fine, and I am already up two beers.

Up to you. All UPLs count, same gap requirements?

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel in SD
I’m not. I am making a suggestion. If the wheel spins and is going the wrong way, that can only happen if you are not holding it. Up to you. Just something I find helpful.

In general FSD Beta is so good now at taking corners that it is easier than ever to just hold the wheel. Basically you give it confirmation every 0.3 seconds or so that the assist is still complying with what your driving plan is.
You miss the point. The steering wheel was turning the right way initially so of course I had to let the wheel slip thru my hands. It was the unexpected change in direction by 120 degrees where I had to fight the steering wheel to avoid the island. My only point was to support a comment to another operator that they were over stating fighting the steering wheel. It can happen.

With FSD Beta, I can never make up my mind if I should cover the accelerator or the brake pedal, so my foot ends up doing this little jig back and forth.
As long as you are at the ready you can use either in milliseconds. The accelerator will naturally be a slower response but the brakes WILL be activate by instinct as long as you are "driving" mentally. Oddly after a nearly a year I can't concisely say where I keep my foot.

You miss the point. The steering wheel was turning the right way initially so of course I had to let the wheel slip thru my hands. It was the unexpected change in direction by 120 degrees where I had to fight the steering wheel to avoid the island. My only point was to support a comment to another operator that they were over stating fighting the wheel.
Yes, it is a little tricky. It can be tempting to let the wheel slide as it gets better, but opens you up to this sort of scenario. When I am concerned (tight situation with nearby obstacles or vehicles) I just go ahead and use my normal steering motions as though I was steering the car myself, with a solid grip on the wheel. For example a multiple left turn lane. Have to follow the line precisely so I make sure no deviations occur.

Reactions: GWord
Today I drove from midtown Atlanta out to the Braves Stadium/game and back. Had a new friend and was concerned she would be alarmed by the unpredictability and jerk of Beta. Beta almost the entire way with only a few disengagement and handful of interventions. She was completely content, curious of the behavior and never alarmed. Beta handled the intercity tight neighborhood roads like champ.

A funny was on a tight street behind a trash truck. Beta decided at one point to think about going around. It folded and unfolded the mirrors several times while trying to pick a path around. I showed here the blue predicted path and how it was trying to find a way to squeeze by. She got kick out of that.

slowing for the school zones is one thing but school buses are another completely. twice last week i had to wrest control from the car to prevent it from suddenly passing a stopped school bus. as the buses slowed and stopped the car did the same. but with all the lights flashing, the stop sign deployed on the bus, the car turned wheels sharply left and lurched forward trying to pass and return to full speed. pretty shocking. hadn't had the experience with FSD while being behind a stopped bus. fixing this error should be a drop everything priority. i guess the car sees the fact a bus has pulled somewhat off the travel lane it see it as just another parked vehicle, ignoring the words "school Bus", the colour and the flashing lights.
is there the same erroneous coding for emergency vehicles?

Wow… I reported and complained about this same issue last October - a year ago! 🤬 Safety not a priority at Telsa or what?!

THIS IS NOT AN EDGE CASE!!!

@WilliamG

I got 69.2.2 and my mic started having trouble too. Voice commands are spotty, sometimes they work, sometimes it totally fails. Bluetooth calls also don't work since the mic fails.

Hopefully it's resolved in 69.3

I had some time to kill, so I messed around with my Model Y today.
I was able to get the mic working by doing multiple shutdowns and reboots. Eventually the mic started working consistently for voice commands, texts, and calls. So give that a try.

Yes, it is a little tricky. It can be tempting to let the wheel slide as it gets better, but opens you up to this sort of scenario. When I am concerned (tight situation with nearby obstacles or vehicles) I just go ahead and use my normal steering motions as though I was steering the car myself, with a solid grip on the wheel. For example a multiple left turn lane. Have to follow the line precisely so I make sure no deviations occur.
“ When I am concerned ” meaning you don’t do that when you are not. How do you know that’s not in his moment of surprise.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc