Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're looking at dealers who don't care about FSD, and Tesla will just remove it if you sell to them. You need to look at a private party sale if you want to get value from FSD, there are many private parties who would pay for FSD, especially if the car is in Beta.
Please suggest where I might look. Actually I spoke w a Tesla sales person yesterday and they said they take used cars and auction them off. So what is their used inventory? And get this there ARE NEW long range model 3s that they build and distribute it to different regions of the country YET you can't customer order one. I about a dozen that would be delivered to my local service center

I don't know, maybe it does. Mike keeps driving like it's drunk and I never even give it a breathalyzer........it just keeps right on and on........drunk driving. I'm gonna have to have a serious talk now........
It jerks the wheel when making turns like it's hesitating or it has Parkinsons. They are gonna hafta to do MUCH better. Let's put it this way. I'd feel safer on his rocket than FSD cars all over the road

Last edited:
Reactions: PACEMD
It jerks the wheel when making turns like it's hesitating or it has Parkinsons
Parkinson's........that's an interesting diagnosis. Hadn't considered that one. Stroke, hypoglycemia, partial seizures, or it could be a straight up psyc disorder, such as a conversion reaction, or how bout long covid?........we're gonna need more testing here........

Please suggest where I might look. Actually I spoke w a Tesla sales person yesterday and they said they take used cars and auction them off. So what is their used inventory? And get this there ARE NEW long range model 3s that they build and distribute it to different regions of the country YET you can't customer order one. I about a dozen that would be delivered to my local service center
It's been stated several times that cars sold to Tesla have FSD stripped from them before re-sale, so be careful about selling to Tesla. :)

As for where to sell, I recommend starting with a Kelly Blue Book on the car to get a private party sale value. Add what you think the FSD is worth. Be reasonable, if you paid $10K, don't expect $10K for FSD, possibly lower that to $7 or 8K. Then find a local resource for selling your car. In Southern California there are periodicals like Autotrader. There are also several websites for selling your car private party. Here is a place to get you started:

there are plenty of videos showing Teslas squeezing through very tight traffic
Sometimes squeezing past tight traffic isn't the right behavior, but yes indeed it'll try if it thinks there's space:
squeeze truck.jpg

Looks like FSD Beta 10.69.2.3 sometimes does its own swinging out for turns but doesn't predict it for trucks doing that maneuver.

Reactions: EVNow
I’m starting my experiment for my commute using the easiest route with most surface streets. There is a way with all surface streets but can try that later.
Not a flawless drive from FSD Beta. More on that later maybe. To work, FSD Beta with a run of AP. Compare to 157Wh/mi driving manually (same distance, route, and trip time). 73 degrees climate control OFF, conditions near identical to manual driving yesterday.

5Wh/mi higher. Room for improvement but given what happened on this drive surprised it was only 3% worse!

We’ll see what trip home yields!

Going to guess nearly identical to manual driving (uphill is easier for it).

23F3BA76-1981-4DEF-9BC3-15AE8415974B.jpeg

Not a flawless drive from FSD Beta. More on that later maybe. To work, FSD Beta with a run of AP. Compare to 157Wh/mi driving manually (same distance, route, and trip time). 73 degrees climate control OFF, conditions near identical to manual driving yesterday.

5Wh/mi higher. Room for improvement but given what happened on this drive surprised it was only 3% worse!

View attachment 863120

I live right off of a 50mph speed limit "expressway" that has like 3-4 lanes and has lights every 0.5 miles or so...and the late slowing from 50-0 for those lights i think is probably one of the worst areas for FSD. Since I can see the red light 1/4+ mile in advance i've seen efficiency differ by 50Wh/mile when using beta.

But you're right, i think it definitely depends, if you're doing lower speed, low traffic drives, or constant speed with less stops there probably will be negligible difference compared to manual driving even with the herky jerkiness

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

View attachment 863120

FSD beta
Rare item
+1-100% autonomy based on driver’s ball size
+50% hesitancy
-3% efficiency
-5% tire life
-5% brake life
Level 20 taunt when equipped (enrage passengers and surrounding drivers)

We
Haven’t you heard about…there is a new s**ker born everyday? Lots of us out there, don’t think tesla has gotten all of them…yet.

some of your clips may be overwritten before they could be uploaded
With 10.69.2.3 and the extra emphasis of the usefulness of video snapshot button from those who chatted with employees at AI Day, I've been counting the number of times I've pressed the button and measuring the uploads at home. Just today after clearing the video upload queue with office WiFi, I used the button 3 times on the way home, and it resulted in around 6,000MB upload for approximately 2,000MB per snapshot. This matches up with what I've been seeing the last several days.

Previous versions from earlier this year and doing similar analysis, I believe each snapshot was closer to 1,500MB for the last 30 seconds leading up to the button press. So does this mean Tesla is now sending back 40 seconds? If so, that potentially could help capture more context to train Lanes network to better predict what lane to get into ahead of an intersection.

I do see the max upload closer to 26GB perhaps allowing for 13 usages of the snapshot button. Big caveat as you pointed out is that if you go over the limit, it seems to result in overwriting / data loss. And sometimes going over the limit results in the car not wanting to upload anything at all.

fsd upload month.png

FSD performance is very subjective. I had a 1 hr ( 60mph) trip today with "No Interventions"; BUT two close calls. In one instance, car signaled (right) lane change / turn for an added lane for a right turn. The person behind me that was unhappy because I was only going 10 MPH over the speed limit accelerated as the car moved into the turn lane. When the car reached the end of the added turn lane it moved back into the original lane I was in just missing the person passing Note the map and route showed to continue straight. So I had a no interventions trip or a near accident depending on your interpretation.

Cashed in on my second beer (success rate of 10.69.2.X on ULTs was in the mid 80s). All prepared for winning my third on 10.69.3.x maybe next week.

This time I got Stereophile, which I really liked - a Hazy Double IPA with Cashmere, El Dorado & Citra.

Also providing documentation here of the rather lucrative proposition this is. I only need to win 373 more beers to pay off FSD! Nearly 1% of the way there, so that tracks well with FSD progress.

D17ECA4F-A6A0-407D-B9F2-742E53FC8B2F.jpeg

E46B39BC-B104-4A58-9F6C-BE43E7F0D7C8.jpeg

Sometimes squeezing past tight traffic isn't the right behavior, but yes indeed it'll try if it thinks there's space:
View attachment 863118

Looks like FSD Beta 10.69.2.3 sometimes does its own swinging out for turns but doesn't predict it for trucks doing that maneuver.
Even as the long truck in front was making a turn to the only lane, FSD couldn't figure out what it was doing and wanted to pass. This is not going to be easy .... but no harm in not trying to pass large vehicles at intersections, whether the truck is trying a wide turn or not.