Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're 80 years old and thinking about mountain biking? Have you cleared that with your wife?
Don't have to, she fell off the mountain 2 years ago. She was 92 at the time. Quite the cougar. So I am free to do whatever I want.

(The above was a joke, and also an attempt to be as funny as @PACEMD )
I do realize I can aspire to his level of wit, but sadly don't think at my advanced age I can...😅🤣

I keep an open mind about that experience on my Trek Rail 9.9 electric mountain bike. I have laid it down but no crashes at speed on descent........yet.......but then my technical riding is not exactly heroic.........
I've ridden tens of thousands of miles and this is my first crash with broken bones. Unfortunately, by the time I'm fully healed It will be winter so no outdoor riding until spring which sucks. Great example though of how valuable FSD will be for the elderly and situations like mine. Doctor says I can drive by the end of next week which I'm hoping will be just in time for 69.3.x. So for once I'm not anxious for the new build.

I've ridden tens of thousands of miles and this is my first crash with broken bones. Unfortunately, by the time I'm fully healed It will be winter so no outdoor riding until spring which sucks. Great example though of how valuable FSD will be for the elderly and situations like mine. Doctor says I can drive by the end of next week which I'm hoping will be just in time for 69.3.x. So for once I'm not anxious for the new build.
Yeah, sorry about that........and I might in future need FSTR, full self-technical riding for the Trek.......but not the beta version.......

Reactions: FSDtester#1
lol. I just don't slam into things in my car. I prefer my road bicycle. Now waiting to try out 10.69.2.4 until I heal up a bit more after my crash. :)
They once asked a pro cyclist what it's like crashing on a descent. His reply- get in the back of a pick up truck and jump out of the truck when you reach 50mph.

Fortunately I wasn't going that fast but fast enough!
Sorry for your pain. It hurts to be healthy.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Seems like we might be waiting for 69.3.1
Yeah - it's the standard progression. X.X release to employees and select individuals (some influencers). Then X.X.1 to original group and additional "heavy users" (people that use the feature very frequently). Then X.X.2 to the masses.

I usually get the .2 version, sometimes the .1. I appreciate the people helping with tweaks before the .2 gets put on my car. :)

Edit: I'll jump in before PACE with "Getting .1 or .2 for me depends on my current weight loss goals..." 😄

2.4 may have some quirky lane decisions, but the actual driving of 2.4 is improved over 2.3: smoother accel/decel/following, less tendency to cross lines on curvey roads, better lane change maneuvering

I just wish there was some way Tesla can solve the lane decision issues. It would be difficult to solve lane decision-making to be as good as humans making their routine drives.

Ok, I'm lying.....but keep this in mind. MANY accidents occur in spplit seconds before the driver can react. And....if he releases FSD to ALL current and future buyers there will be ALOT of accidents and I suspect there will be a class action lawsuit in the future
So you made the whole thing up for kicks and giggles???

Not cool. It makes it much more difficult to point out the many legitimate shortcomings of FSD if you can’t trust what people post. Stop it. It has hit enough curbs (not recently I guess); don’t need to make it up.
You know you are in the dog house when Alan calls you out!
I am pretty sure we all disagree on things, but at least we are honest about it.
Nothing wrong with being subjective... but that was total nonsense.
Thanks again to anyone not being that guy for all your input.

The lane issues are awful. It should be planing at least one turn ahead. If it makes a left, and the next turn, say a mile down the road is a right, it should get into the far right lane AHEAD of time for that turn. Not at the last second having to cross two lanes of traffic to get into the correct turn lane. This is for four/six lane roads with turn lanes obviously, but you get the idea. If I manually drive, and know the route, I always get into the closest lane to where I’m going to be turning to avoid having to merge at the last moment. It’s common sense.

Reactions: KArnold
FSD made a very weird but potentially dangerous decision for me today. It was behind a bus in the right hand lane. The bus was slowly coming to a stop when suddenly it decided to change to the left lane to pass the bus. There were two cars in the left lane at the time. It let the first car pass but then it started to accelerate into the lane change before the second car had passed. It felt like it didn’t see the second car or something. Of course I disengaged FSD before anything happened and got a good honking at. I’ve never seen FSD make a sudden turn like that and without regard to traffic. Most of the time, FSD drives pretty chill, don’t know why it was in a rush all of a sudden.