Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if a rare FSDb driver is comfortable with all those mistakes it wears on passengers. It might be similar to comparing Disney's worn-out 1959 Matterhorn ride to one of their newest roller coaster rides. The difference is night and day.
Like the people mover (Magic Kingdom) vs. Guardians of the Galaxy (Epcot)
Btw, my family and I are huge fans of roller coasters and Guardians is the best we have ever seen!

if it actually thinks it SEES GREEN when there is no green to be SEEN that is bad
I've had 10.69.3.1 and previous versions flicker between red and green at angled intersections where you can easily see a red and green light. (Here's one example of the left (straight) light is for the "through" road of this "T-intersection" and the right (right-only) light is for the "bottom" road of the T connected at maybe 45º angle.)
unstable right light.jpg

FSD Beta typically makes the correct decision for me but not always especially when facing the right-only light at night. So in general, unstable visualizations probably does mean the car is not sure, so be extra careful even if it often might do the right thing.

Meanwhile the Guardians ride at Disneyland is the old Tower of Terror. That was a do-once kinda ride for me. I prefer my insane accel in the horizontal plane.
He is likely referring to the Guardians roller coaster only at Disney Epcot in Florida. That is the funnest roller coaster I have ever experienced, you have positive G's, Negative G's, Centrifugal G's, sometimes combined with each other in a dark environment with planets projected spinning around. The insane acceleration is in all planes! Think Space Mountain but brand new and the car you are in also rotates as it goes down the track in the dark.

I've had 10.69.3.1 and previous versions flicker between red and green at angled intersections where you can easily see a red and green light. (Here's one example of the left (straight) light is for the "through" road of this "T-intersection" and the right (right-only) light is for the "bottom" road of the T connected at maybe 45º angle.)
View attachment 880627

FSD Beta typically makes the correct decision for me but not always especially when facing the right-only light at night. So in general, unstable visualizations probably does mean the car is not sure, so be extra careful even if it often might do the right thing.
I think this prior version of the conversation has been about the car wanting to go THROUGH A RED LIGHT, and for whatever reason it isn’t seeing a RED as STOP DONT GO, vs. for some reason seeing a GREEN for some reason, either a GREEN turn indicator (even though navigation is for straight/through and not turn) or a RTOG situation with indicator. Even that example you indicate above, IF the NAV and direction of travel was for forward/straight, the RIGHT TURN GREEN arrow should NOT be confusing to the FSDb or NAV or AP IMHO.

I have never seen in the FSDb at a multiple RED LIGHT intersection, the in car NAV/AP/FSDb display thinking that a RED LIGHT as indicated in reality, was actually GREEN and mis-interpreting that as GREEN for GO and proceeding into the intersection. I have had RED LIGHT intersections, and in the FSDb in car NAV/Screen indicate RED and NOT RED for 1 or SOME of the multiple lights at an intersection and for whatever reason interpreting that as OK TO GO THROUGH the intersection which would have resulted in calamity.

So I used the AP on the highway on the way home today, and this huge pile of sugar gave me a strike lol, I don’t even know what I did wrong. Just got a random large warning to grab the yoke and steer manually.

I should’ve reported it, oh wait the report button isn’t there anymore.

I guess the AP strike affects the FSD strike count haha.

A0401290-EB31-4D45-9CB0-95EB599A06B1.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.44.00 AM.png

[EDIT: OpenAI ChatGPT, not an actual conversation]

if you mean actual highway (ie where fsdb does not operate, only the legacy NoA code does) the most common reason for a lockout is you manually exceeding the max 85 mph speed limit
However, as you know, it does not lead to a strike or the warning message above, under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Got this at the end of the drive. What a pile of trash lol, I don’t even know why I bother turning it on, most of the time it either does something dumb or finds another way to be annoying.

View attachment 880662

Clearly the telemetry figured out something was wrong…. So it needs to tell me what was wrong, else it can frick off.
Welcome to the club and I have 3!

Reactions: Ramphex
I don’t even know what I did wrong.
Just be sure to keep both hands on the wheel, applying torque (so unbalanced, as we all know how to do) in an appropriate direction at all times, and keep eyes on the road, looking straight ahead (only brief checks to either side are permitted). Definitely do not remove your hands from the yoke at any time.

If that's what you were already doing, I have no idea what happened.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
However, as you know, it does not lead to a strike or the warning message above, under any circumstances.

Sure- but what he initially described was this:

" Just got a random large warning to grab the yoke and steer manually."

Which it DOES do if you exceed the AP speed limit.

His SECOND post showed the FSDb strike message... which was weird because he initially said it was on the highway when FSDb isn't operating.

His SECOND post showed the FSDb strike message...
Sure. His first post showed the strike though, so I knew it wasn't that.

which was weird because he initially said it was on the highway when FSDb isn't operating.
I think it's well established at this point you can get strikes while on the highway when FSDb is not operating (AP is operating). But not from exceeding the speed limit! Makes sense.

Last edited:
Anyway, perhaps Elon could help the people who are having difficulties with strikes?

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 11.23.05 AM.png

[EDIT: OpenAI ChatGPT, not an actual conversation]
Don't let perfect (whatever that actually is) be the enemy of good.
Definitely I do not expect perfection. Hopefully they'll get the basics ironed out soon. Looking forward to seeing the progress at the end of 2023.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
if you mean actual highway (ie where fsdb does not operate, only the legacy NoA code does) the most common reason for a lockout is you manually exceeding the max 85 mph speed limit
I have done this multiple times. It does lock you out, but does not give you a strike.
You just have to park and get out, then back in an re-enable

Edit: Ninja'ed by @AlanSubie4Life

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life