Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chris' videos are the closest I have to my drives. I wish more of the people with negative experiences have this kind of performance with their cars.

1) No one has this version.

2) Very low speeds will not exhibit the jerkiness usually, because stopping power requirements and time to adjust are way less strict. Above 35mph-45mph is where that starts to show up in all its glory.

You can even see it in the video on a few occasions, it’s just a lot less severe than at higher speeds.

Reactions: jebinc and am_dmd
Chris' videos are the closest I have to my drives. I wish more of the people with negative experiences have this kind of performance with their cars.

Sounds like his one roundabout drastically improved with the new 69.3.3. Also might be less hesitation at times but still there. Lane changes and traffic cones still looking problematic.

His drives feel like more of a mid morning joy ride versus being in the thick of hectic rush hour traffic.

One thing about his style is he laughs-off things the average person might get frustrated with. As an example the recent drive with his wife was something well short of positive per her assessment, yet he felt good about it while laughing and minimizing her concerns. He plays the youtube FSDb influencer role well.

One thing about his style is he laughs-off things the average person might get frustrated with.
Multiple extremely slow turns/stops.
Proceeding through red light/bad intersection behavior.
Stopping well short of stop lines and then saying it always stops right at the line, and then having it creep over the line for no reason.
Massive jerky slowdown for a pedestrian who was zero threat.

Etc. Most of these were not denied, just made light of.

This is not an acceptable driving performance and would not pass a driving test.

Hopefully it is better than what we have since it seems like we aren’t going to get anything else? Though maybe they’ll still just YOLO V11, shipping it with a toggle. Classic misdirection ploy here. 😂

Sounds like his one roundabout drastically improved with the new 69.3.3. Also might be less hesitation at times but still there. Lane changes and traffic cones still looking problematic.

His drives feel like more of a mid morning joy ride versus being in the thick of hectic rush hour traffic.

One thing about his style is he laughs-off things the average person might get frustrated with. As an example the recent drive with his wife was something well short of positive per her assessment, yet he felt good about it while laughing and minimizing her concerns. He plays the youtube FSDb influencer role well.
Keeping mind the roundabout was anecdotal and until we see or experience lots of improvements it could just be a "fluke".

Also he has said that when he is NOT making a video he intervenes and disengages more often. So I bet in normal situations his experiences are more like what we all do.

Yes. It did it well once in a row. But, unless a particular capability is tested repeatedly with different traffic scenarios, you really cannot claim an improvement.

Chuck Cook does it better by running ULTs over and over so you get a better feel for how well they work. Same for his test of the unmarked road.

Multiple extremely slow turns/stops.
Proceeding through red light/bad intersection behavior.
Stopping well short of stop lines and then saying it always stops right at the line, and then having it creep over the line for no reason.
Massive jerky slowdown for a pedestrian who was zero threat.

Etc. Most of these were not denied, just made light of.

This is not an acceptable driving performance and would not pass a driving test.

Hopefully it is better than what we have since it seems like we aren’t going to get anything else? Though maybe they’ll still just YOLO V11, shipping it with a toggle. Classic misdirection ploy here. 😂
I think you're far too critical of his video, but I expect that. Of course it wasn't perfect. I'm sure if you drove with me you'd criticize my driving but I guarantee we'd arrive safely at our destination.

Last edited:
I think you're far too critical of his video, but I expect that. Of course it wasn't perfect. I'm sure if you drove with me you'd criticize my driving but I guarantee we'd arrive safely at our destination.
Nearly everything I mentioned he called out.

I’m just saying it’s not an example of a stellar drive.

We need to be realistic about what it can do. And we need to be realistic about how that compares to a typical driver.

It seems like it should pass a driving test at a minimum.

Reactions: kabin and jebinc