Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your right, I am an OG 100% safety score tester. So patience has not been my friend lately!
Yeah! I posted on another thread (here) about how I'm trying to be patient about the "single stack", merged branch, V 11.

I had a nice surprise using FSD driving Hwy 17 over the hill from Santa Cruz to San Jose. I long ago learned that AutoPilot was not up to handling the turns and speed adjustments, so just didn't use it there. As the highway passes through Scotts Valley, it is freeway and FSD is not available. But once we started up the hill, my wife / copilot noticed the visualization was in color... Oh, my! With her permission I engaged FSD and we were both quite pleased to see how well it did. I think I disengaged only once to lane change so as not to annoy another driver with the way we slowed down a bit too much in a turn. But it was smooth and wasn't scary. A step change improvement over standard AutoPilot.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing FSD on freeways, but am also thinking Telsa may be going slow for very good reasons, e.g. a premature wide release could be an unnecessary gamble which could fail very badly...

SW

Contains 10.69.25 on my version. I'll get to try it out tomorrow, it's too freaking cold to want to go anywhere tonight.

Lots of silly 'stuff' in the Toybox IMHO but...Best thing in there is APPLE MUSIC - Awesome!
Zoom. The music controller sliding and showing tire pressure tab and another tab for trip info. Rainbow Road. Zoom.

NOT TO MENTION, I sent the wife out to the garage tonight to get "something", put her car in Sentry Mode. When she got down to it, Abbigail Farted. Said excuse me. Farted. Said Excuse me etc. What's silly about that???

FSDb 10.69.25 isn't Koch better I in the "comfort" measure:

Screenshot_20221220-173643_Drive Safe & Save.jpg

I love you too 😘 💓! Btw, I am not hitting the software button again until at least 5 people in this thread tell me it's safe to do it.

What I do is watch the pending installs on TeslaFi: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

They tend to spike up all at once, and then slowly trickle down as people install. So I only check my car once per spike.

FSDb, fun for the whole family:

This release is a “watch what you wish for” moment. Following the same routes I did on the previous version (was on 10.69.3.3) it jerked the wheel out of my hand while nearly at a stop, trying to suddenly move me into the right lane for no apparent reason. I was only a few feet from the car in front and the left lane was correct in the first place but I have not had it violently do that before. In the same spot on the prior version it did try to get me to move into the right lane for some silly reason but this time the wheel jerk at a near stop, was a surprise.

Routing based on traffic was much improved though! It actually recognized the traffic jam (Raspberry I think) and routed me correctly and efficiently. I will keep hammering on it to find the flaws but cannot report them soooo….