Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what you're trying to say.

I'm saying, can we see some YouTube videos of 25.2 trying to crash? So we can assess what's going on?

I use 25.2 all the time, and I wouldn't say it's trying to crash at any time. Maybe I'm better at using it. Maybe it's not snowing where I drive.
I understand but videos will show the same thing we've all been talking about for some time. For me this morning on a 2 mile drive to the gym I had to disengage FSD as it was about to run the inside back wheel over the left turn median. There's no shortage of near misses.

I understand but videos will show the same thing we've all been talking about for some time. For me this morning on a 2 mile drive to the gym I had to disengage FSD as it was about to run the inside back wheel over the left turn median. There's no shortage of near misses.
While your caution is understandable, perhaps the car had enough clearance to miss the median. I wouldn't suggest you find out the hard way that it didn't! I've had a few nail biting cases like that, but my car has never struck a median, or anything else.

I had one tight right turn at an intersection that I was sure the car had curbed the wheel. I even felt a bump. I checked my wheel when I got home, but saw nothing and the dashcam video even showed that the car clearly missed the curb.

If you saved the dashcam video repeater camera on that side might be able to confirm whether the car was going to hit the median.

As bad as it is now with this system if I ever encounter a nag for "pay attention to the road" I just disengage right away, drive for a few seconds, and then re-engage. I don't let the system give me a strike - deserved or undeserved. Getting cumulative strikes leading to striking out completely may nerf the system for months on end, given the current pace of updates.
I've seen rumors that strikes will evolve into a more prolonged 'timeout' rather than a total strikeout until they're reset. No idea if/when this will occur, but it would at least be an improvement if the monitoring system is as buggy as it is.

My problem was I wouldn't even have had a chance to disengage. I saw the warning and before I could do anything it gave me a strike.

I had an odd fail the other day - Driving home the car approached an intersection with a red light. It stopped like it normally would, then crept forward a touch, then did it again. I looked down at the screen and saw a creep line intermittently showing up (not visible below) and also a stop sign. obviously, there was no stop sign and nothing that one would think could be mistaken for a stop sign but clearly, FSD thought the intersection was a 4 way stop and was treating it as such, even though it also saw red lights. I've driven through this intersection dozens if not hundreds of times without issue so I have no idea why it decided to see a stop sign this time.

IMG_1729.jpeg

I had an odd fail the other day - Driving home the car approached an intersection with a red light. It stopped like it normally would, then crept forward a touch, then did it again. I looked down at the screen and saw a creep line intermittently showing up (not visible below) and also a stop sign. obviously, there was no stop sign and nothing that one would think could be mistaken for a stop sign but clearly, FSD thought the intersection was a 4 way stop and was treating it as such, even though it also saw red lights. I've driven through this intersection dozens if not hundreds of times without issue so I have no idea why it decided to see a stop sign this time.

View attachment 913500
Interesting to see both a stop sign and the traffic lights. Looks like the stop sign recognition NN needs some additional training. I would have looped around to drive the intersection again, just to see if it was repeatable, especially when the light was green.

Interesting to see both a stop sign and the traffic lights. Looks like the stop sign recognition NN needs some additional training. I would have looped around to drive the intersection again, just to see if it was repeatable, especially when the light was green.
Yeah, I didn’t think of that (plus I wanted to get home,) but I wonder what it would have done if it did see a green light and a stop sign? I still have no idea why it ‘saw’ a stop sign. There was nothing there other than the pole for the stoplight, and that didn’t even have any signs on it. 🤷‍♂️

I did come across a malfunctioning stoplight on the way to work yesterday morning that was flashing red and FSD completely failed to navigate it. It stopped and wouldn’t go. The display showed it as a solid red light so either the car failed to recognize it as blinking, or the display didn’t match what FSD was registering and it couldn’t manage it.

There’s been some discussion and speculation here about the issue with FSD running red lights being due to LED lights appearing to blink on the display due to the camera shutter speed interfering with the 60 Hz flash of LEDs that’s otherwise imperceptible to humans. It’s possible that the programmers tried to digitally filter out the blinking and went too far.

Reactions: KArnold
Driving home today, daylight, dry road, on a bend to the right in the two lane country road the car suddenly and for no reason that I could see swerved to the left into the left lane and was half way into the left lane before I could recover. There was no oncoming traffic (it is not a blind curve so I could see there was no oncoming traffic). I was driving at the posted speed limit (40 mph) (the car had slowed slightly before entering the curve ). What made this difficult to recover from, I believe, was that the car had entered the right turn (curve) which caused me to relax pressure on the wheel (allowing the steering wheel to slip through my hands) and then suddenly went to the centered position which caused the swerve to the left, this made this movement very rapid like a coiled spring (the steering wheel to the right then suddenly straight very close to the centerline of the roadway) . I have driven this road many times and the car has in the past gone over the yellow line making this same curve but has never swerved dramatically to the left. I have never seen this on any other right turn for the year I have be using FSD.

Driving home today, daylight, dry road, on a bend to the right in the two lane country road the car suddenly and for no reason that I could see swerved to the left into the left lane and was half way into the left lane before I could recover. There was no oncoming traffic (it is not a blind curve so I could see there was no oncoming traffic). I was driving at the posted speed limit (40 mph) (the car had slowed slightly before entering the curve ). What made this difficult to recover from, I believe, was that the car had entered the right turn (curve) which caused me to relax pressure on the wheel (allowing the steering wheel to slip through my hands) and then suddenly went to the centered position which caused the swerve to the left, this made this movement very rapid like a coiled spring (the steering wheel to the right then suddenly straight very close to the centerline of the roadway) . I have driven this road many times and the car has in the past gone over the yellow line making this same curve but has never swerved dramatically to the left. I have never seen this on any other right turn for the year I have be using FSD.
Did you do anything to piss the car off? I mean, it may have just been trying to get even.......

Also, be sure it's not been reading Robert Frost. Metaphysics is no good for AIs........

I came to a realization the other day. (yes, I know, it's probably taken me about 11 months longer than everyone else, but we can keep those thoughts to ourselves!)

One of the annoyances of 10.69 is how slow it is to make turns. I'll come up to the stop sign leading to the main road and FSD stops. Then creeps. Then stops. Then creeps, eventually it finally goes, all taking far too long, even though the coast is clear and the car could see that the entire time.

I glanced down at the display the other day while it was doing this and noticed the blue creep line. then it dawned on me - FSD is creeping up to the creep line for every turn, whether it needs to or not. It's like the algorithm can't distinguish whether it has adequate visualization or not so it requires the car to go to the line and stop every time.

I have never seen this on any other right turn for the year I have be using FSD.
Do you record ?

This is the reason I record all drives - so I can check afterwards what happenned.

BTW, for a couple of months, FSD would suddenly jerk to the left on a straight road for no reason. Then, corrected itself after a minor release. Even with all the video analysis I could never figure out why .... I've posted about this before.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Do you record ?

This is the reason I record all drives - so I can check afterwards what happened.

BTW, for a couple of months, FSD would suddenly jerk to the left on a straight road for no reason. Then, corrected itself after a minor release. Even with all the video analysis I could never figure out why .... I've posted about this before.
I do not record all drives. I did, however, go back to the place in the roadway to check and see if there was something on the right shoulder or roadway that I did not see and the car did see, there was not. The reason I mentioned this particular problem is because, unlike being on a straight road, on a right curve moving into the left lane happens much faster because the inertia of the car is already moving in that direction.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
For those with many disengagements due to bad map data, evidently Tesla has an official channel for making amendments now.

That email has been around for a long time

Here's a post from mid-2018 mentioning it:

Never seen any result from anyone using it so I wouldn't get your hopes up.