Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is almost dead (Finally!!) but I wanted to say something regarding strikes. I had 2 strikes on the Model X and 1 on the Model Y. I recently checked my strikes again and it has reset. I don't know when this happened - I remember not having it reset after the most recent FSDb update. So it may have happened after 2 weeks or something.

Anyone else notice FSD strikes reset recently?

I get on a highway (280), ONE EXIT north of the legacy Tesla HQ and the car wonā€™t go over 55 mph (of course I up it quickly) for 1.5 miles till it sees the 65 mph sign, which had been in place on the highway for the prior FIFTEEN MILES!.

Could be wrong, but I believe the traffic rules and requirements donā€™t require one to SLOW before the speed limit sign might indicate a slower speed than the zone then are coming from, but that one is ALLOWED to increase to a posted speed as soon as they can see the speed limit sign of a higher speed zone.. Havenā€™t have to a a driving theory test In oh bout 40 years.
At least in Oregon it is the law that you must be going the lower speed limit by the time you pass the sign (especially temporal school zones). You cannot increase speed until you pass the higher speed sign.

V10.69.x complaints or issues belong here and NOT in the V11 thread. V11 is about V11 and this thread is about 10.69.x which we ALL still have.
Oh, sorry. I didn't know anyone was on V10 still.
I have been on V11 since last year on November 11, at 11:11 pm when it released.

Jokes aside.. I agree with you. I will delete

Elon is trying to kill everyone. Why.......just his tweets alone are killing me........and enough to wipe out large segments of the world's population.
Because if you kill ALL the people then you eliminate the human CO2 problem and as a bonus you rid the world of the pervasive and MOST dangerous woke virus. Also he won't have to sell more TSLA next year to cover Tweeter interest since the banks will be gone.

Not sure where to put this and I know its not worth its own thread but I wanted to share this bitter/sweet news I just got...
So my FSD computer has crashed completely (would not restart until car went to sleep) about 3 times in the last 12 months and Tesla has been monitoring it.
Well today they had me go into my car while they put it in some "Service mode plus" and had me enable "remote debugging"...about an hour later I get a call that they need to replace the computer.
The good news is I get the updated 16gig of ram , bad news is I lose FSDb until the next release.
That would not be too bad except I am not very confident that they will really send it out to new cars until these NHTSA investigations are done.

Like I said, not sure where to put this, just wanted to get it out

Not sure where to put this and I know its not worth its own thread but I wanted to share this bitter/sweet news I just got...
So my FSD computer has crashed completely (would not restart until car went to sleep) about 3 times in the last 12 months and Tesla has been monitoring it.
Well today they had me go into my car while they put it in some "Service mode plus" and had me enable "remote debugging"...about an hour later I get a call that they need to replace the computer.
The good news is I get the updated 16gig of ram , bad news is I lose FSDb until the next release.
That would not be too bad except I am not very confident that they will really send it out to new cars until these NHTSA investigations are done.

If Me:

Since it is sporadic, rare and temporarily "fixable" I would just stall the replacement for a few weeks a "live" with the inconstancy of working. Hopefully we will see the wide release of V11.x in a few weeks and it will be in a more current container (23.4.x) and you will be able to get back on Beta easily.

Hear this @Ramphex. If we get our motherboard to fail we get new one no charge with steam games.

Now that V11 is expected in a couple weeks, I thought I should memorialize the most obvious issues I see with 10.69.25.2. Nothing new here, but on a route I drive frequently I have 5 places I must intervene or disable FSD, all within three miles. My hope is that these get fixed in V11... eventually.

1)Stop sign at the bottom of the hill, visible from far away, but there is a brief level spot at an intersection about 50 yards before the stop sign. When crossing that, the car can see still the sign but briefly looses sight of the post. When the stop sign becomes fully visible again, FSD breaks very firmly, slowing from 25 to 12 mph in 2 seconds, roughly 50 yards before the stop sign, and then creeps slowly up to the sign. The breaking is firm enough to make objects and puppies in the car slide off the seats. Curiously, if I manually drive at 25, and engage FSD just as the stop sign becomes visible again, the car slows gently to a smooth stop at the sign.​
Note the partially obscured sign, 200 ft, 24mph:​
1678650686078.png
Note the full regen braking just a moment later:​
1678650731639.png
2) It tries to take curves along Golf Links Rd at the 35 mph speed limit and winds up swerving across the yellow centerline. It does OK if I dial it back to 30mph, but I can drive it comfortably at 40. The car does not use the lane width effectively and starts the turns late.​
3) At the next stop sign, it ignores the small sign above which says ā€œOncomming traffic does not stop.ā€ It assumes oncoming left turnnig cars will stop and pulls out in front of them.​
1678650783180.png
4) At the next signal, there is no lane marking, but there are two lanes. The car centers itself, blocking an otherwise free right turn lane. Our route takes us from there to a left turn in roughly 40 yards, so it should use the (unmarked) left lane at this signal.​
5) At a large intersection with an odd angle and one offset street, the car makes itā€™s left turn, but then sees the red light for the crossing traffic and had stops in the middle of the intersection. If there is a lead car, there is no problem.​

Once I get a new update, these will be the first things I check for improvement. I really only expect the curvy road issue to be fixed now, as one of the release notes mentions this.

I am amazed by how well FSDĪ² handles many situations, but these are 5 places where I need to intervene, so they make using FSD more difficult than not using it.

I know Alan would like video, but he hasnā€™t sent me a go-pro and tripod.
SW

know Alan would like video
I approve of this report. Used GoPros are probably pretty cheap since they tend to not work that well. Suction mount for roof also not expensive. I recommend not spending much.

And I like the idea of memorializing 10.69 behavior over the next couple months.

Specifically people should do dedicated analysis of the specific areas where we know there will be changes:
1) Stop signs. For example I recorded a couple over the weekend to see how it stopped and how slow it was. It really does go to 0mph for the briefest time possible (and only shows 1mph on the speedometer) - so I can see why they are making that more perceptible, but obviously we hope for a ton of other improvements too.

2) Merges - will it be better?

3)ULTs (somehow people expect changes in 11.x but not any sign that will happen at the moment, since 10.69 code and 11.x currently seem to be essentially identical, with only the minor release note changes).

4) etc.

For example: People are complaining about the way 11.x stops, with the implication that it is somehow worse, but it seems nearly indistinguishable (unfortunately) from 10.69!

I have two generally mandatory takeovers on my route one way:
ULT due to poor technique.
Left turn onto on-ramp veers into adjacent left turn lane.

Tons of other takeovers of course but usually not mandatory as long as you donā€™t mind being gently physically & psychologically assaulted.

Last edited: