Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not clear how well those work at night (my prior test case), but might find out tonight.
These other mechanisms, whatever they are (does seem easy enough to detect rain just by looking at the cameras…), seem to work well.

I’ve noted some stickiness in the detection - refusal to allow FSD use again after conditions ease, but stopping and putting in park and emulating leaving the vehicle and then proceeding after two seconds, returns FSD function.

But anyway limiting the wiper speed to 2 is definitely not going to get it done, except perhaps at the margins. Minimal to zero benefit.

Better off stopping vehicle, getting FSD back, and being careful not to disengage it (it tends to stay engaged if conditions drop below some threshold, though presumably at some point it will just give up).

It is my impression or it seems that given the hardware updates and related software updates the existing FSDb software stopped getting attention? It has been sometime since the last official FSDb update.

Anyone has any news of when we will get any new FSDb updates?

Thank you! Is there a new thread for 11.3?

Reactions: EMEV
I had the exact same thing happen 2 days ago - got a cryptic ‘cruise control unavailable‘ message with a link to the manual that gave a bunch of possible reasons. Did a 2 button reset when I got to my destination and it worked on the next trip, but all of the doors had also been opened and closed, too, so I can’t say what it was that fixed it.

I agree with @Ramphex - it would be really helpful if the car would actually say ‘rear passenger door not fully closed. TACC unavailable.’

This happened to us this past Friday to Sunday on a 3+ hour road trip.

FSDb worked but at one point the driver was sick of having to anticipate the bad behaviour and wanted to just drive the car himself instead of being in constant high alert mode. So he disengaged FSD and engaged TACC. Got the error message. Had me read the screen. Nothing was obvious so when he got tired of having to press the go peddle he went back to FSD which engaged fine.

I had suggested switching to my profile (FSDb is not enabled so that would flip him back to the other stack) but he didn't want to deal to mess with my seat settings. Stopped for a rest, no change when back on the road. Supercharged. No change. Parked overnight plugged into 110V. No change. Drive home Saturday. No change. Sunday I drove the car (so no FSDb in the driver profile) and had TACC. Later he drove the car and had TACC too.

The comments about doors being shut but not shut interest me. In all the times we opened and closed the doors, we never opened the rear passenger door. Every other door, trunk and frunk were accessed, but not that one door. When we got home, we fully unloaded which included opening and closing that door. (Before leaving on Friday I had used that door because I was removing the unused child seat so I could move my front seat back further and put it back on Saturday when we got home.)

What is strange, though, is that FSDb didn't fail but TACC did since they are now the same stack.

Two things changed between Saturday's non-TACC available drive and Sunday's back to normal: the rear door was opened and closed, and, a new non-FSDb profile was engaged and TACC worked under that. So I still can't say it was the door but will try that first if this happens again.

On latest FSD. I do not like how Tesla now just passes automatically on the freeway. Thought it was better/safer when the option popped up and you confirmed before changing lanes. Now it happens so quickly that it makes it harder to stop. Also - why when it does change into the left passing lane does it take so long to change back to the right lane if it ever does?

Yesterday, on the Ohio Turnpike it tried to automatically change lanes, as a policeman pulled someone over and the were on the left berm. FSD will have to learn that you don’t pass or when a policeman is in that lane. FSD has a long ways to go.

On latest FSD. I do not like how Tesla now just passes automatically on the freeway. Thought it was better/safer when the option popped up and you confirmed before changing lanes. Now it happens so quickly that it makes it harder to stop. Also - why when it does change into the left passing lane does it take so long to change back to the right lane if it ever does?

Yesterday, on the Ohio Turnpike it tried to automatically change lanes, as a policeman pulled someone over and the were on the left berm. FSD will have to learn that you don’t pass or when a policeman is in that lane. FSD has a long ways to go.
You have 2 options... you can use the single stack (and therefore continue using FDSb on highway) select minimize lane change and chill... or you can still select not to use FSDb on highway and use NoA instead.

Reactions: DBV1 and cdub

It will move out of the passing lane if it sees a car approaching it from behind (which therefore needs you to move over so it can pass). It will also do this after a sufficient time with no traffic in the lane to the right. How quickly it does this is adjustable with the various FSD options.

I never liked the conformation of the old NoA .. it seemed clunky, and often missed the confirmation nudge if you were too fast to give it. If you dont like the auto lane stuff, you can always revert to TACC.

Reactions: DBV1

They need better notifications about upcoming lane changes, like there's the "upcoming route-based lane change, tap to cancel" message bar that pops up (and the cancel feature has never worked), but it doesn't show up for speed-based lane changes. There is one clue though... a lot of times you will see adjacent cars turn blue when the car is "thinking" about making a lane change, like its planning to enter a gap between cars. So this clues me in that its about to put its blinker on and maybe do something dumb that I want to cancel.

Reactions: dbldwn02 and DBV1
They need better notifications about upcoming lane changes, like there's the "upcoming route-based lane change, tap to cancel" message bar that pops up (and the cancel feature has never worked), but it doesn't show up for speed-based lane changes.

I feel like that cancel button is about as useful as an elevator door close button. You can mash it all you want but it doesn't listen.

I wish they had way more customizations for drivers. Everyone drives differently and that's why everyone I talk to never use autopilot or fsd.
We were in a LA traffic jam and even on chill, the car kept staying SUPER close to the car in front of me in stop and go traffic. And.. based on physics, the car behind me just needs to hit me a little bit for me to hit the car in front.

Overall, by setting it on min lane changes, and chill, and constantly adjusting the speed limit with the scroll wheel it works.

It doesn't think. Like it sees a truck and now it actually hugs the other side of the lane. But sometimes there's another car on the adjacent lane so I'm SUPER close to that car.

Since it's in beta I'm sure alot of these notification changes will be fixed. Just like their NAV, they will let you know far in advance to tap to cancel, etc. They just added this lane change notification so it's a work in progress! It's super cool how it can still drive in construction with lane changes, something I'm sure alot of other car manufactures can't do.

Reactions: Yelobird