Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we're on the verge of V11 (fingers crossed), I hope that they fix my biggest annoyance with 10.69.x. Randomly, the car will throw up a blinker and then cancel it after half a blink. No lane change or anything. Sometimes it does it on one lane roads as the road widens before a street light. It just makes people behind me think i'm a crazy driver. Maybe just trying to blend in with LA drivers.
You must not have watched many of the V11 videos. Spooler alert: V11 still randomly and oddly uses the signal.

Mine drives me anywhere 100% of the time with 0 interventions....

Then I woke up
I drove 100 miles or about an hour and 45 minutes last night on AP/FSD. The only interventions were to tap the accelerator at a yield sign (because there was someone behind me and I didn't want to make them wait) and a disconnect on the highway because there was a state trooper stopped in the middle of the road clearing up debris. The only reason I didn't make it the entire way to my destination was because it started snowing and the road markings were covered up, otherwise I probably could have slept the entire trip.

Since we're on the verge of V11 (fingers crossed), I hope that they fix my biggest annoyance with 10.69.x. Randomly, the car will throw up a blinker and then cancel it after half a blink. No lane change or anything. Sometimes it does it on one lane roads as the road widens before a street light. It just makes people behind me think i'm a crazy driver. Maybe just trying to blend in with LA drivers.
That seemed to actually get worse with the most recent pre-11 release. I think it's a result of the latest tweaks to the lane selection algorithm, something which has s l o w l y been improving but is still a prime cause of disconnects for me.

You must not have watched many of the V11 videos. Spooler alert: V11 still randomly and oddly uses the signal.
I haven't watched many of the V11 videos but I wonder how much of the V11 efforts are focused on improving the performance vs simply porting over and combining the stacks. They may simply be trying to get the code combined and optimized at something close to the current 69.25 level then working on improvements after that's done.

Reactions: swedge
That seemed to actually get worse with the most recent pre-11 release. I think it's a result of the latest tweaks to the lane selection algorithm, something which has s l o w l y been improving but is still a prime cause of disconnects for me.

I haven't watched many of the V11 videos but I wonder how much of the V11 efforts are focused on improving the performance vs simply porting over and combining the stacks. They may simply be trying to get the code combined and optimized at something close to the current 69.25 level then working on improvements after that's done.
I think they expected the increased use of NNs as well as larger NNs would see immediate improvements.

My take on random use of signals is ... as FSD continuously recalculates the best paths - whenever a temporary path calls for a lane change, it will start the blinker (and cancel when the calculated best path changes).

My take on random use of signals is ... as FSD continuously recalculates the best paths - whenever a temporary path calls for a lane change, it will start the blinker (and cancel when the calculated best path changes).
I will get a blinker on a single lane road multiple times. There is only one path, it turns to the left true, but when the road with one lane turns to the left you don’t need to use a blinker.

• Funny
Reactions: swedge and EVNow
I drove 100 miles or about an hour and 45 minutes last night on AP/FSD. The only interventions were to tap the accelerator at a yield sign (because there was someone behind me and I didn't want to make them wait) and a disconnect on the highway because there was a state trooper stopped in the middle of the road clearing up debris. The only reason I didn't make it the entire way to my destination was because it started snowing and the road markings were covered up, otherwise I probably could have slept the entire trip.
Yesterday I made the return trip. I drove (actually my car drove) 140 miles in 2 ½ hours from northern Wisconsin to a super charger north on Minneapolis without any interventions until it turned into the parking lot. It then drove the remaining 15 minutes home with one intervention that was strictly optional - it was going to pass a line of cars at a stoplight in an open lane on the right that ended right after the intersection. Absolutely nothing illegal or unsafe but the timing of the light meant it would have had to merge in the middle of the line of cars that had been waiting so I kept the car at the back of the line simply to be polite.

I will get a blinker on a single lane road multiple times. There is only one path, it turns to the left true, but when the road with one lane turns to the left you don’t need to use a blinker.
It seems that the two main triggers for false blinkers are curving roads as you describe and lane decisions (i.e. there’s a right turn lane and a straight lane and the car blinks the left turn signal because it’s taking the ‘Left’ lane that’s actually going straight)

Reactions: FSDtester#1
It seems that the two main triggers for false blinkers are curving roads as you describe and lane decisions (i.e. there’s a right turn lane and a straight lane and the car blinks the left turn signal because it’s taking the ‘Left’ lane that’s actually going straight)
There is also a tendency for the car to turn the blinker on, then turn it off almost immediately afterward. Likely due to the planner quickly cancelling a planned lane change.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Yesterday I made the return trip. I drove (actually my car drove) 140 miles in 2 ½ hours from northern Wisconsin to a super charger north on Minneapolis without any interventions until it turned into the parking lot. It then drove the remaining 15 minutes home with one intervention that was strictly optional - it was going to pass a line of cars at a stoplight in an open lane on the right that ended right after the intersection. Absolutely nothing illegal or unsafe but the timing of the light meant it would have had to merge in the middle of the line of cars that had been waiting so I kept the car at the back of the line simply to be polite.
This last weekend was a 55 mile trip, no highway but a lot of fast divided roads, spend more time manually driving because FSDb just can't cope or does stupid stuff. I make this drive regularly at this time of the year and sadly get a similar pattern on each trip.
Stupid stuff = turning into the oncoming traffic lane to overtake a line of cars waiting for a red light, constantly changing into the left lane, trying to turn for roads not on the route, "stay on route" lane changes on a straight road, slowing down to 30mph on a 70mph road because of warning lights, trying to stop on the same 70ph road for the other flashing yellow lights "stopping for traffic control", "take over immediately" when pressing the pedal to keep it moving, moving into the left lane before trying to turn right.
Great example, it really hates this junction, turning right off hwy290 onto 95 heading north in Elgin TX, 50mph limit approaching a traffic light. The right turn has a dedicated lane.
Nav shows the correct route, but the car signals left and will miss the turn unless you intervene. This section of road hasn't changed in years.
Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 22.07.52.png

Going the other way, approaching the same light but coming from 95 when heading south, it will turn into the oncoming traffic lane to overtake the cars waiting at the red light, but it still registers the red light.
Total interventions for this one 55mile drive is probably 30-35
Hoping to get V11 while its still the season so I can try this route for a direct comparison.

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
This last weekend was a 55 mile trip, no highway but a lot of fast divided roads, spend more time manually driving because FSDb just can't cope or does stupid stuff. I make this drive regularly at this time of the year and sadly get a similar pattern on each trip.
Stupid stuff = turning into the oncoming traffic lane to overtake a line of cars waiting for a red light, constantly changing into the left lane, trying to turn for roads not on the route, "stay on route" lane changes on a straight road, slowing down to 30mph on a 70mph road because of warning lights, trying to stop on the same 70ph road for the other flashing yellow lights "stopping for traffic control", "take over immediately" when pressing the pedal to keep it moving, moving into the left lane before trying to turn right.
Great example, it really hates this junction, turning right off hwy290 onto 95 heading north in Elgin TX, 50mph limit approaching a traffic light. The right turn has a dedicated lane.
Nav shows the correct route, but the car signals left and will miss the turn unless you intervene. This section of road hasn't changed in years.
View attachment 919739
Going the other way, approaching the same light but coming from 95 when heading south, it will turn into the oncoming traffic lane to overtake the cars waiting at the red light, but it still registers the red light.
Total interventions for this one 55mile drive is probably 30-35
Hoping to get V11 while its still the season so I can try this route for a direct comparison.
I wonder is Elon’s A.S.S. (Actual Smart summon) 🤣is included with this release? Anyone know?

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I don’t know whether there are any other cues it uses to determine poor weather. I was not able to test robustness of setting 2 in a driving rain yet, but in my testing it seemed quite robust with no weather warnings with a light rain. However, perhaps in a heavier rain it would have disabled anyway? Needs to be checked.
In daytime at least, there are other ways in which it detects poor weather (not sure what).

Not clear how well those work at night (my prior test case), but might find out tonight.

But in any case wiper setting of 3 will definitely disable everything.

Not clear if a mild improvement in availability can be had by manually selecting 2.

Probably the benefit is minimal though. We’ll see about night…

50+ hours. Must have been a RUD.

Had to Google that one. I assume you intend the 2nd definition? 🤔

AcronymDefinition
RUDRutland (Amtrak station code; Rutland, VT)
RUDRational Use of Drugs (health policy; various nations)
RUDReservations, Understandings and Declarations (public international law)
RUDRequirement Understanding Document
RUDRapid Unscheduled Disassembly (rocket science slang)
RUDRadial-Ulnar Deviation
RUDRealm of Utopian Dreams (est. 1996; online roleplaying community)

Had to Google that one. I assume you intend the 2nd definition? 🤔

AcronymDefinition
RUDRutland (Amtrak station code; Rutland, VT)
RUDRational Use of Drugs (health policy; various nations)
RUDReservations, Understandings and Declarations (public international law)
RUDRequirement Understanding Document
RUDRapid Unscheduled Disassembly (rocket science slang)
RUDRadial-Ulnar Deviation
RUDRealm of Utopian Dreams (est. 1996; online roleplaying community)

#5, but #2 could work for TGC!

Reactions: KArnold