Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for MCU1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the current status of MCU1 plus FSD Beta ? I agree with previous comment that MCU1 certainly isn't needed for the actual FSD driving logic but don't believe it's really even needed for driving visualizations if coded properly. The FSD visualizations don't look like much of a GPU load if properly coded.

Does anyone know the current status of MCU1 plus FSD Beta ? I agree with previous comment that MCU1 certainly isn't needed for the actual FSD driving logic but don't believe it's really even needed for driving visualizations if coded properly. The FSD visualizations don't look like much of a GPU load if properly coded.
I decided I didn't want to wait anymore, so I upgraded my 2017 MX to MCU2. I just got an in app notification that my cameras need to be upgraded to be eligible for the beta. Scheduled a mobile appointment for those next week. Hopefully that gets it all done.

I wonder if MCU1 cars are getting the same camera upgrade notification?

All FSD owners with MCU1 should get together and class action Tesla for $15k refund now that he has claimed it is available to everyone who has paid for it!
IMHO this is definitely a must. They should’ve done the right thing and allowed people who had MCU1 get the MCU2 upgrade for free like the computer and the camera upgrades. I hated that I had to pay for the upgraded MCU2 but do find it is much faster and responsive on loading things and also the tesla sentry mode is invaluable.

1669390490975.png

Reactions: Matias
IMHO this is definitely a must. They should’ve done the right thing and allowed people who had MCU1 get the MCU2 upgrade for free like the computer and the camera upgrades. I hated that I had to pay for the upgraded MCU2 but do find it is much faster and responsive on loading things and also the tesla sentry mode is invaluable.
I upgraded my MCU on my 15, due to leaking screens… that’s the only reason I would upgrade… I could care less about playing YouTube or Netflix on the car. However I bought my 17 with FSD under the impression it would actually get FSD with everyone else…. Not “maybe some day”!