Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for MCU1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from my unnamed source, even the twitter bot should be quite reliable: it is a robot reporting unfollows automatically. Now for some reason the owner decided to pull the automated unfollow report retrospectively. Check out the above linked policy change thread. One can just guess why all of a sudden they decided to change unfollow reporting...

Reactions: dbldwn02
That's your proof? A deleted tweet not from Teslarati?????

:eek:

Is the author of the story from Teslarati source enough for you? Probably not, but whatever...

1635724342991.png

Aside from my unnamed source, even the twitter bot should be quite reliable: it is a robot reporting unfollows automatically. Now for some reason the owner decided to pull the automated unfollow report retrospectively. Check out the above linked policy change thread. One can just guess why all of a sudden they decided to change unfollow reporting...
Haha, you think Elon reached out to them and asked for unfollows to be ignored? Why else would they remove just unfollows?

This response is Golden...

Oh no!!! How will I know when to unfollow someone that I only followed because Elon followed

Last edited:
Reactions: rxlawdude
Wonder if MCU1 / FSD will come first, or they'll give up and retrofit everyone to MCU2 so they can deliver FSD to older cars. I don't care if I don't get the visuals on the MCU1 screen, but would like the FSD package I paid for.

The answer to that is obviously neither. They will just pretend MCU1/FSD owners don't exist and wait until the cars all die off

This is reaching a pretty outrageous state, where Tesla is completely failing to make good on their promise of updating the hardware if needed to support FSD. Elon has publicly said the cameras need to be updated in 2017 cars, but when contacting Tesla service they won't entertain anything unless I pay to upgrade to MCU2. It's clear that MCU2 is required for FSD at this point - and even if they might make it work on MCU1 at some future date, we're a year+ past the start of the publicly visible FSD Beta and there is no sign of anything like this happening.

They should update the cars of people who paid for FSD and whose hardware is not supported for the FSD Beta - and they should do it now.