Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Teslascope thinks they may be A/B testing with 11.3.4 and 11.3.5:

Of course that puts some of us in C, for control group 😢

I think it’s likely a difference between USS and non USS. If so I suppose it’s still A B but not between different drive methods.

I was watching some intensive Tesla Vision parking between a Vision car and a USS and the results were HORRIBLE. The Vision parking system is not worth using at all.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
I think Tesla does not detect the wall yet. USS cars detect the wall obstruction. The interesting part is the car can detect the park blocks way below the car body. This is contrary to what Munro guessed couple months go. The diagram in the link indicates the car cannot detect anything lower than 1 feet.

This is so far the best video showing what Vision parking is limited to currently how how it compares to a USS taking.

Sad thing is there is a lot of truth to your statement. Seems like . Running an “Orange” light these days does seem like the better experience. I was trying to be impartial and determine if this was the type of light a human might consider acceptable to run through. Just seemed a little too red for my comfort level.
Here is my dashcam Video of 11.3.5 running a red light. You be the judge
Sad thing is there is a lot of truth to your statement. Seems like . Running an “Orange” light these days does seem like the better experience. I was trying to be impartial and determine if this was the type of light a human might consider acceptable to run through. Just seemed a little too red for my comfort level.
here is the dashboard cam of my 2003 M3LR on 11.3.5 running red light. You be the judge.

here is the dashboard cam of my 2003 M3LR on 11.3.5 running red light. You be the judge.

That may not be the safest decision, but the light was still amber when you entered the intersection. My definition of "running a red light" is different. Entering the intersection either on the fly or stopped with a red light is "running". My FSDb has done both the the past. Obviously, I disengaged on the latter scenario, since I don't have a death wish.

Reactions: Yelobird
That may not be the safest decision, but the light was still amber when you entered the intersection. My definition of "running a red light" is different. Entering the intersection either on the fly or stopped with a red light is "running". My FSDb has done both the the past. Obviously, I disengaged on the latter scenario, since I don't have a death wish.

I guess the question is, and this was mentioned somewhere from Tesla, that’s the car just improves its decisions in when the can enter the intersection on a red with less likely of the like being when when exiting or limits the amount of time in the intersection with a red.

These fixes are more treatment and less cure.

A little orange. Though not unsafe of course. Timing seemed unsafely short (~4 seconds!!!) though hard to judge speeds.

This is the type of light I would have sped up for, FSD engaged or not! Just to be sure it was yellow and to avoid any friction braking. It’s not really safe to stop on borderline lights, so it is safest to go when there is plenty of time like this.

Been rear-ended stopping for nearly red lights, so I have learned The Way; can’t fight it.

Reactions: Dennisis and rlsd
A little orange. Though not unsafe of course. Timing seemed unsafely short though hard to judge speeds.

This is the type of light I would have sped up for, FSD engaged or not! Just to be sure it was yellow and to avoid any friction braking. It’s not really safe to stop on borderline lights, so it is safest to go when there is plenty of time like this.

Been rear-ended stopping for nearly red lights, so I have learned The Way; can’t fight it.
This is why I like the newer CA lights that detect the car going thru the yellow and hold the yellow a bit longer.

I was mostly wanting to confirm there haven't been any additional pushes today. I don't think Teslafi easily shows when a car got pushed an update, does it? Just when they actually installed it. Right now there's about 500 cars that either installed 2022.45.13 today or have it pending, but those were all pushed yesterday IIRC.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I was mostly wanting to confirm there haven't been any additional pushes today. I don't think Teslafi easily shows when a car got pushed an update, does it? Just when they actually installed it. Right now there's about 500 cars that either installed 2022.45.13 today or have it pending, but those were all pushed yesterday IIRC.

No TeslaFi shoes much more than just installed status. A lot more. Even more so if you drill down into any of the numerologist datapoints.