Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
The voice bug report is still not good to me. I just disengage FSD and you expect me to push the scroll wheel to make report right away?. I am afraid I cannot do that because I have to manage the car for my safety first. Why don't you provide me an option to make the report a few minutes later. For example you can put a button on the screen and let me press it later to make the report for the last disengagement or all the disengagements for the trip.

Yep, one thing we can count on and that is very consistent - how inconsistent and unpredictable this FSDb software is; drive to drive and from driver to driver. Not a good thing…
I swear it's got to be mapping if it continues... like I mentioned so far so good for me.
But we should all be on the same page with experiences. Not, hey, I hate it, or hey I love it....could we all need to clean our cameras and recalibrate them?

I swear it's got to be mapping if it continues... like I mentioned so far so good for me.
But we should all be on the same page with experiences. Not, hey, I hate it, or hey I love it....could we all need to clean our cameras and recalibrate them?
did not have any experiences with the car taking off, I actually found myself giving it more go-pedal to not annoy the people behind me more frequently than I had to on 10.69.x

The one thing I noticed which is completely opposite to your drives, is when it commits now, it frigging takes off. Almost too fast. How can our cars be so different.. curious, as I trust your observations.
I’m speaking specifically from traffic lights when first in line (or even following someone really).

I can’t speak to the commit on right turns for example, or generally what we would call “commits.”

I will say my UPL last night it dawdled into the road at 7-10mph in the face of a distant oncoming Jeep traveling 60mph. That made me too uncomfortable, though it may have made it. I jammed the accelerator and disengaged of course.

So too slow on ULTs/UPLs too but of course we already know that the commit does not work at all on ULTs, from Chuck’s videos. News to no one that ULTs are currently effectively non-functional with traffic.

Last edited:
The voice bug report is still not good to me. I just disgenge FSD and you expect me to push the scroll wheel to make report right away?. I am afraid I cannot do that because I have to manage the car for my safety first. Why don't you provide me an option to make the report a few minutes later. For example you can put a button on the screen and let me press it later to make the report for the last disengagement or all the disengagements for the trip.
The voice prompt comes up every time I manually disengage at the end of the route.
Nothing bad happened.. what do you say? "We good peeps, I turned it off because I am parked now"

I’m speaking specifically from traffic lights when first in line (or even following someone really).

I can’t speak to the commit on right turns for example, or generally what we would call “commits.”

I will say my UPL last night it dawdled into the road at 7-10mph in the face of a distant oncoming Jeep traveling 60mph. That made me too uncomfortable, though it may have made it. I jammed the accelerator and disengaged of course.

So too slow on ULTs/UPLs too but of course we know that the commit does not work at all on ULTs, from Chuck’s videos.
Okay, makes sense, we weren't talking about the same thing..

Reactions: jebinc
that awful braking, when in traffic, really grinds my gears
That hasn't happened to me since 10.69 rolled out. Clean those cameras and recalibrate... hmm, I just remembered something... maybe a mobile service visit I had 6 months ago may have something to do with it. My GPS antenna wasn't working properly, so they replaced almost everything, some sensors and stuff, that were packaged with the GPS fix. It was all located directly until the front windshield cameras...could I have a newer or updated sensor/sensors?

Used the community gate as it's a static object, and easier to recreate the issue multiple times to record different angles than playing with the camera in traffic

I think it is unreasonable to expect good behavior here. It’s totally unsupported to stop for unknown objects in the road. (In general it should be expected to hit them.) This looks like a panic stop in confusion to me, rather than the normal terrible stopping behavior.

The stopping is bad, but I don’t think this is a great example. I guess it is a good example of what happens if it is confused.

But first it seems like the 90% fix to the problem is to fix the situations where it is not confused and RELIABLY see and react to lights in time and slow down like a normal human rather than creating a jerkfest of brake taps. In the meantime I am fine with it smoothly slowing down and running into gates with unclear location.

Did you watch my videos from my trip getting the hemorrhoid cream from the CVS earlier

I think I missed this link…I see some Sun n Fun (did not watch) and then the gate videos.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Overall opinion, agreed with @jebinc it's still junk.

Sorry to hear that. I'm just glad it's not junk for me.
V11.3.3 is the first update I've had in since October of 2021 that I've found was a signifiable improvement.
Highway is great and city/streets are improved although they still need a lot of work.