Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I think most of us were surprised when we first got FSD - in person it definitely seemed worse than YT.

When a company gives special access to "Influencers" - by definition they are trying to (at least subtly) control the narrative. PR people are graded on how well they can control the press / influencers. The "special access" always comes with a threat of removing the access when they get out of line.

Works exactly the same way in politics too - politicians control what journalists write by giving or denying special access to them.

In neither case money is involved (thats why I don't like the term "shill") - but "special access" is by itself corrupting.
money may not be involved directly, but as you say, the "special access" itself has value so I don't think the term shill is totally inappropriate.

There is NO new update on 23.12.5 available. This version is in internal (employee) testing only and not available to anyone.

Maybe in a few weeks if all goes well it will rollout to everyone.
So if I keep pushing off the update 23.12.5 and stay on 2023.6.9 and subscribe to FSD would I have a better chance of getting full FSD beta? If I cannot get the full FSD beta I had rather not subscribe again until I know I will get that. Trying to figure out where the convergence is so I get the full meal deal.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc
So if I keep pushing off the update 23.12.5 and stay on 2023.6.9 and subscribe to FSD would I have a better chance of getting full FSD beta? If I cannot get the full FSD beta I had rather not subscribe again until I know I will get that. Trying to figure out where the convergence is so I get the full meal deal.
I suspect 11.4.x will be updated to 23.12.x when it is finally released, but no one can know for sure and I'm pulling that speculation straight out of my a$$.

Best bet is to NOT update since your odds of getting Beta will be higher. If you update to 23.12.x and Beta is released on 23.6.x then you are SOL. If you stay on 23.6.x and Beta is released on 23.6.x or 23.12.x (or any higher) you can get it when available to you.

money may not be involved directly, but as you say, the "special access" itself has value so I don't think the term shill is totally inappropriate.
100% agree! In addition to access, having the footage early also gets their channel boosted by the YT algorithm. Telsa is helping their “channel” by giving them early access, which generates lots of views, likes, subscribes and notification bells. In return, Tesla gets those many “mind blowing” videos… That also boosts YT channel ad revenue…. So, “Shill” fits IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex and PACEMD
If someone gets special access to review a new iPhone and new galaxy are they shilling for both Apple and Samsung? Ridiculous.
They were likely offered the early/free phone because Apple/Samsung know they will give a good review. Quid pro quo. One hand washes the other, etc. They wouldn’t offer an unknown quantify the same deal, so yeah..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramphex