Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Oh I love my car and the next car will probably be a Tesla as well (FSDj-less). Just hate the nonsense gimmicks and a ton of lies and broken promises by the charlatan.
I mostly love my car. Some annoyances, but for the most part... But yes, the gimmicks (Active Road Noise Reduction), lies (FSD/200mph/timeframes for just about anything...!) are just a continual annoyance.

Reactions: jebinc and Ramphex
Of course it's not the Source of All Evil. In 2019 when I first bought FSD with my Model 3, I was pretty optimistic (or naive, take your pick). In 2020, I was still relatively optimistic. In 2021, my optimism faltered greatly. In 2022, ditto. In 2023, I'm just rolling my eyes. As has been stated many times, it would be one thing if FSD weren't treated like an actual, real, product you now pay FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for. Hopefully this thread serves as a warning to those not sure whether to click that buy button.
To add to this, I feel so much worse for those duped long before me. Just shameful.

Reactions: jebinc and Ramphex
To get back on topic, I do still think the one area where FSD did improve is lane changing on highways, with V11. That might be the biggest/most noticeable improvement yet. It's buttery smooth when the road is straight. Unfortunately it's less so on sweeping curves, but in general it's still much better with the lane changing. Less jerky/unsettling for passengers especially.

Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc

Still waiting for the people who don’t like the #JunkTeam to justify to me how all of those actions are not junky.

Reactions: jebinc

Still waiting for the people who don’t like the #JunkTeam to justify to me how all of those actions are not junky.
“Don’t let the facts ruin a good story,”. Or, it’s related cousin, “The facts and data shall set you free”…

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
It’s an open discussion for “actual FSDb experiences,”. Good, bad and junky.
Here it is for those interested.

Reactions: Ramphex
Here it is for those interested.

Posted in there, let’s see if someone will yell at me for being a negative Nancy.

I’d like to see some videos of speedy self parking systems. I’ve only used Volvo’s and Teslas autopark, and they both are painfully slow, and pretty much suck. Tesla is better that what was offered from 2016-18 by Volvo, I can tell ya that. The Volvos would “park out” of a parallel park, which was kinda neat, I’ve yet to try parallel parking with Tesla, so that’s on me.

Reactions: jebinc