Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I agree. Speed limit sign reading seems better, and something else I've only started noticing now is sometimes when the speed limit reduces on the highway I do Not slow down, and a message appears that says "maintaining speed for traffic flow" or something along those lines. Essentially as I'm going to work and the speed limit drops from 70 to 65 to 55, if everyone else is still going 70-75 so will I. Hadn't noticed that before but not sure if it's truly new or just something I'm noticing because it's more reliably getting those speed limit signs
I was driving in to Minneapolis this morning and there's an area a the end of the freeway where the speed limit drops from 60 down to 45 MPH. it recognized this new limit but actually started slowing down early and then you could see the set limit step down in 2 increments rather than all at once. Looks like they're finally getting this right!

We all work for Tesla but we are not Tesla employees. The only benefit we can get is to test FSD beta at our own risk.
Hmmm: Those of us who bought FSD, rather than subscribed, are not allowed to opt out. Non-voluntary employment is also known as slavery, is it not? Except that rather than being sold into slavery, we paid for the privilege.

I suppose one could sell the car, so the analogy is not perfect.

I made a Service Request in the app, and it gave me a screen saying that frequent over-the air updates will fix everything. Except I am not allowed to have those, which is exactly why I was requesting FSD beta extraction. It took me to a contact us option which has been ignored.

Obviously, an opt out button should be a part of the beta interface.

Hmmm: Those of us who bought FSD, rather than subscribed, are not allowed to opt out. Non-voluntary employment is also known as slavery, is it not? Except that rather than being sold into slavery, we paid for the privilege.

I suppose one could sell the car, so the analogy is not perfect.

I made a Service Request in the app, and it gave me a screen saying that frequent over-the air updates will fix everything. Except I am not allowed to have those, which is exactly why I was requesting FSD beta extraction. It took me to a contact us option which has been ignored.

Obviously, an opt out button should be a part of the beta interface.
Or…. Simply shut off Beta with a few switches. Not really that complicated nor your “slavery” view. You opted in, if it’s that life difficult simply shut it off. Problem solved.

Full bars of LTE as per the car. Phone is showing 3/4 bars of 5G+. Both on AT&T.

I’m ready for the next apology on behalf of Tesla, sir.
No where did I offer an apology for Tesla. I was offering you diagnostic possibilities for why you're having that issue. You simply posted a screenshot of an incorrect GPS location and an error message that it couldn't connect to the car. Then you complained without offering any additional information. When I offered a diagnostic possibility, you added one piece of information, that your car at home can connect. With that information, I offered you additional diagnostic possibilities. Then you gave us more information, which is that your car has a good cellular signal, and then insulted me for trying to help you through probable causes. Be a better person.

No where did I offer an apology for Tesla. I was offering you diagnostic possibilities for why you're having that issue. You simply posted a screenshot of an incorrect GPS location and an error message that it couldn't connect to the car. Then you complained without offering any additional information. When I offered a diagnostic possibility, you added one piece of information, that your car at home can connect. With that information, I offered you additional diagnostic possibilities. Then you gave us more information, which is that your car has a good cellular signal, and then insulted me for trying to help you through probable causes. Be a better person.
I can’t help it, sorry. It’s not you, it’s me.

Or…. Simply shut off Beta with a few switches. Not really that complicated nor your “slavery” view. You opted in, if it’s that life difficult simply shut it off. Problem solved.
That will not fix the actual problem: Because I bought FSD and volunteered for Beta, I am now prohibited from updating. There have been 13 updates since 2023.7, none of which are we allowed to download.

Sorry I was only, joking about being a slave instead of an "employee." But really, there should be a way to opt out to the Beta program and get back onto the promised regular software updates.

When one tries to request being taken out of Beta, the app provides this "explanation" which rather than help instead describes exactly what we are being denied, updates we did pay for.

IMG_8576.jpg

That will not fix the actual problem: Because I bought FSD and volunteered for Beta, I am now prohibited from updating. There have been 13 updates since 2023.7, none of which are we allowed to download.

Sorry I was only, joking about being a slave instead of an "employee." But really, there should be a way to opt out to the Beta program and get back onto the promised regular software updates.

When one tries to request being taken out of Beta, the app provides this "explanation" which rather than help instead describes exactly what we are being denied, updates we did pay for.

View attachment 976272
With the trajectory of FSD Beta rolling out to more and more of the fleet, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be no way to opt-out of FSD Beta in the future. If you subscribe or have purchased FSD, I'm thinking Tesla will install Beta on your car. Opt'ing out, if possible, may just re-install FSD Beta shortly after since you have FSD.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to report this so I apologize in advance but I had a perfect FSDb drive using 11.4.4 on my 150-mile interstate commute home yesterday. Even including the three extensive sections of highway construction. Not one single intervention needed, just shake the wheel every 10 minutes. FSDg definitely showed up for the highway driving. Even did perfectly on a detour through town to the grocery......

My problem with in-town driving is not FSDb mistakes but it's just too damn slow and inefficient. The New York City taxi driver in me just ain't that patient. And anyway, the whole fun of the Tesla is zipping around traffic.