Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Had 11.4.7.2 make a left turn when the route called for this turn to be a right. Absolutely ridiculous.
Just now, picture yourself in the right lane of a two lane left turn, parked at the red light, with a solid white line to your left and a straight thru lane on your right. The light turns green and your hands are gently resting on the yoke. Then picture yourself losing the yoke because your car lurched forward and left into the other lane, cutting off the poor bstrd on your left. You can't make this sht up.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. (queue 10cc)

Im on the public build (11.3.6) and luckily dont get any dry wipes, but have a few times randomly got washer fluid sprays (I guess the window is a bit dirty, but not enough to where I would clean it) and then a few wipes after, so at least its wetting it first.
I have an idea that may or may not be the culprit, I'm no engineer. As I was backing out of my lit garage this morning into the dark, I had a dry wipe. Curious, I checked and no, it didn't pull a @Ramphex and reset. I felt like one of the boys. As I was pulling into my parking spot a half hour later, it was light and I pulled forward into some shade, before I backed up. As soon as I hit the shade, I got another dry wipe.

Fool me once.....

Well I'm still rocking the same now 33 week old software and per the usual bringing up the extreme ass end. I swear I wish I could get off this insufferable and misnomer of a name Early Access.

Maybe I'll get it before November 31st.🤬

And of course I may get the Navigation Data update as my Holiday update. Thanks Elon. :confused:

View attachment 979586
Easiest way is to trade in and skip FSDwtf on the new one.

Well I'm still rocking the same now 33 week old software and per the usual bringing up the extreme ass end. I swear I wish I could get off this insufferable and misnomer of a name Early Access.

Maybe I'll get it before November 31st.🤬

And of course I may get the Navigation Data update as my Holiday update. Thanks Elon. :confused:

View attachment 979586
did i misunderstand? You have been on FSDb 11.4.7 for 33 weeks? I thought it just came out a week or so past?

Just now, picture yourself in the right lane of a two lane left turn, parked at the red light, with a solid white line to your left and a straight thru lane on your right. The light turns green and your hands are gently resting on the yoke. Then picture yourself losing the yoke because your car lurched forward and left into the other lane, cutting off the poor bstrd on your left. You can't make this sht up.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. (queue 10cc)
Don’t even need to picture this. I wholeheartedly believe you.

I really need the new map data badly. FSD absolutely was a nightmare today in a DC neighborhood where they put in a bunch of bike lanes this year. The 2022 map data I have still has it as a full lane so it would constantly signal and try to get into the bike lane, even if there were white barriers there.

I am super sure after my experience the last few months that most FSD problems are because of its over reliance on nav data to make decision versus actual vision.

sorry fanbois
I resent this. We are an honest community here and call out Tesla for their nonsense routinely.

FSD is not happening on our cars. It is a disappointing though thoroughly unsurprising development.
hopefully, it doesn’t REALLY break voice commands
Mine came back after the car had a good nap. Hard reset did not work but powering back on from true sleep with open contactors did, I guess.

Has anyone else been getting this message recently?
I did once.

I resent this. We are an honest community here and call out Tesla for their nonsense routinely.

FSD is not happening on our cars. It is a disappointing though thoroughly unsurprising development.

Mine came back after the car had a good nap. Hard reset did not work but powering back on from true sleep with open contactors did, I guess.

I did once.
I think he was referring to Dewg, Yelobird, and the other apologists that constantly justify Tesla’s actions and FSDj’s current state.

I did once.
You’re def not one who I was referring to 😀

Well, I received the latest version of Junk about four days ago, but couldn't be bothered to drive it until this morning. Highlights include:

The Good (relatively speaking)
Programmable left scroll wheel
Movable blind spot camera
J didn't spazz out when approaching the gate on the way out (see bad)
No dry wipes or dry holes
10 mile trip to the store, while letting the junk drive, was largely acceptable (see bad)

The Bad (aka "The Junk")
The Junk spazzed out with Red hands of death when approaching the gate on the return (see Good)
10 mile trip home from the store had three disengagements
- Da junk wanted to drive into my lamp pole
- The Junk did not slow down for speed bumps (but I didn't expect it to)
- Da junk just would not want to make a sharp right turn, even when there were no cars coming. The Junk just creeped endlessly. Probably because the cameras and camera placements on the MS just suck, and suck hard at that.

Well, maybe I will try in again later this week, we'll see....
Part II

Well, I decided to give the junk a second go this evening when I was heading out to get hemorrhoid cream (From too much scootering seat time and FSDj AH puckering).... The trip to the pharmacy was about 6 miles each way....

The Good
No dry wipes or holes
I didn't die (although I'm sure there are some here that wish otherwise)

The Bad (aka, The Junk)
Five, count 'em, five disengagements on the way there..
- On a rural road, 40' from a stop sign, the Junk abruptly stops in the the middle of the road
- Ran the very next stop sign (I that ran this one before, as previously reported.
- Failed to make a sharp left turn ad the "T" intersection where (sh)it wanted to run the stop sign
- Turned off road and bottomed (nose actually) the car out into the parking lot; and then you see a message on the screen that says, "Raising suspension"!
A F'n bit too late, don't you think Mr. Junk?!

Okay, I'm through with this Junk. Turned it off. Instead, I will enjoy some of the main software updated that others (non FSD full purchasers) have been enjoying for the past six months.

IMG_9028.jpeg