Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Oddly with all the wiper posts I checked in my car today (23) using FSD and the solution was as simple as turning it to off. Not ideal, but easier than writing about it daily. Granted they May not work for every version but it does for mine.
Right, but mine several versions back, would keep coming on, dry wipe, I assumed mistook Montana bugs as raindrops, but then sat on Auto wipe without allowing me to turn it off. I had to stop and reboot, all was fine, then it would turn itself back from off to auto and repeat. Not doing that just now but that pissed the dumb fu*k outa me.......

Right, but mine several versions back, would keep coming on, dry wipe, I assumed mistook Montana bugs as raindrops, but then sat on Auto wipe without allowing me to turn it off. I had to stop and reboot, all was fine, then it would turn itself back from off to auto and repeat. Not doing that just now but that pissed the dumb fu*k outa me.......
Interesting. May be a HW4 thing or software version granted I think most are similar now with FSD. Will note I haven’t had Any wipes or dry granted it does show as off. No idea sorry. I will admit I am an avid cleaner so I keep my windshield and car clean or garaged most days if that matters.

I will admit I am an avid cleaner so I keep my windshield and car clean or garaged most days if that matters.
It well might. Problem here in Montana during bug season is at times, i can only drive 10 miles in the outback before I have to stop to clean off the bug-coated windshield. That really bugs me........

If the dozen “J” squad posters were omitted from this thread there would only be 20 posts in this thread. Many just like to grind on and on as if that helps anything. This unsolved complex solution will take time. More then Tesla Or us expected but I find the pro’s much higher then the cons personally. Oddly with all the wiper posts I checked in my car today (23) using FSD and the solution was as simple as turning it to off. Not ideal, but easier than writing about it daily. Granted they May not work for every version but it does for mine.
Turning wipers fully off doesn’t work for me when it’s raining, since I prefer not to crash my car. I can only speak for myself, of course.

Turning wipers fully off doesn’t work for me when it’s raining, since I prefer not to crash my car. I can only speak for myself, of course.
Similar to the off button. There is an intermittent setting also. Again not ideal but that type action worked for many for 50 years so not a Huge issue nor was I implying to crash your car to prove a point. The button is technically under your thumb so fairly easy to figure out.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Great! Not only does it appear when the passenger sits down, it stays whether they fasten their seat belt or not, until about 30 seconds after they exit. So, yes it is an improvement. I would rather have had some of the important stuff, but this is a neat, good thing.
Now Tesla just needs to allow the passenger to optionally disable the air flow. No matter how you position the passenger air flow there are some people, like my wife, who just don't want any air flow. Odd that you can do this in a gas car by closing the vents but not in a Tesla.

That’s good. The auto wipers are driving me crazy on clear days. Thank you for the information.
Turning the wipers off with voice commands doesn't stop my wipers from wiping dry gritty windshield. Has worn out my wiper blades in a month of this and put lots of tiny scratches on the windshield. I'm thinking this should be covered by warranty? Dream on??

I wonder the wiper issue is caused by FSD or by the firmware version.
Does anyone who did not subscribe FSD have the wiper problem?
I am an intermittent FSBb subscriber (because at home, FSBb believes the speed limit on the main road is 25 mph instead of 45, and drives accordingly, and it also makes unplanned left hand turns off the road I travel back and forth every day. AP doesn't have these problems).

Yes, dry wipes are a problem at times when I don't have FSBb. Older versions than the current, 23.32.6, were worse.

First drive with 11.4.7.2.
Test intersection continues to fail, pic below.

The release notes say it is actually their intention to drive in the middle of an unmarked road which is unacceptable. This applies to most roads around here. Car is not over far enough to the right in preparation for oncoming traffic and then does not get over far enough. To make it worse it jerks to the center when engaged again.

Stop signs not bad, when not obscured by bushes.

Ignores school zones.

Did fair (not good) with some intersections it failed before.

Still wants to turn wheel R just before a L turn but not actually moving car over so that is a persistent improvement.

Very light fog was enough for a degradation warning.

With center of the road positioning I still won’t be returning to regular use.

Pic is the intersection it cannot manage in either direction coming from or going to the North (pic is mostly facing North). The dark car is taking the path north and that same path should be used when coming south off the highway. Yes there are three stop signs but the middle one is useless and the left one is good for going south.

Attachments

• IMG_5032.png
    IMG_5032.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
It think it was three time, three times that the great Charlatan (Elon) spun a web of lies when pronouncing the “next” release would be a, “total rewrite” of code…. V12 will be the forth (lie or failure)…..
Nirvana is always "just around the next corner," per Elon. Treats his clients like jackasses with a carrot, string and stick. Nice....

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 7.11.12 AM.png

11.7.2, crappy pile of poo.
still doesn’t slow for speed bumps, or only at the LAST second, trying to go from 15-20 down to 5 immediately. These are MARKED and SIGNED speed bumps
still slows TOO much for stops, and stops for 3-4 seconds with no other vehicles around
still tries to drive through a downtown one lane area at speeds closer to 2x reasonable.
still too cautious coming out of streets onto low traffic residential streets, stopping, creeping and SLOWLY accelerating taking 10-15 seconds.
still can’t manage to merge onto 280.- local major highway
frankly, I see no positive development since any of the past 2-3 builds at least.

I think there are so many hardware updates, revisions and improvements of Tesla vehicles they all behave differently. A recent model 3 2019 I rented feels, drives and sounds vastly different from my 2021 model Y and quite different from my mother’s model 2022 model Y. Even my wrap that is covering the front USS must have had a different part, that some people have to cut holes in them.
Many have commented on Tesla’s approach to hardware updates. They typically will change hardware as soon as they are ready to do so rather than wait for a ‘model year’ like most manufacturers do. On one hand that continually improves the cars and doesn’t make people wait (or encourage them to wait) for a new model year. On the other hand it means ‘model years’ are meaningless for Teslas and creates as huge number of potential hardware combinations in their cars, making comparisons difficult and likely complicating software development.