Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
11.4.9 seemed like it avoided a ~1.5in deep pothole for me today at around 5-10mph. It could have been a fluke, but based on my 2 yrs+ experience with FSD, this looked intentional (I saw a curve on the blue path visualization just as it dodged the pothole)
I have been checking for this but have not yet had it do it. On the road where our apartment building is there are 6 relatively deep manhole covers on the block. I don't hit a single one. FSD Beta without fail hits all 6. I give it one shot to drive our road with each new version to see if it has improved, and after that no more is it allowed to drive our block.

I have been checking for this but have not yet had it do it. On the road where our apartment building is there are 6 relatively deep manhole covers on the block. I don't hit a single one. FSD Beta without fail hits all 6. I give it one shot to drive our road with each new version to see if it has improved, and after that no more is it allowed to drive our block.

This is the first time I've seen 11.4.9 do this, so it may be a fluke. I do notice that 11.4.9 tends to weave within lanes more than prior versions, unsure if this is to avoid adjacent cars or possible obstructions or potholes or what

This latest version has been great to me so far until today where it was a ton of random slowdowns and phantom breaking like it was a scared 16-year-old learning to drive. Maybe they are randomly testing the neural network on it or something I don’t know.
Sounds like every beta version I’ve got in the last almost 2 years 🤔

11.4.9 seemed like it avoided a ~1.5in deep pothole for me today at around 5-10mph. It could have been a fluke, but based on my 2 yrs+ experience with FSD, this looked intentional (I saw a curve on the blue path visualization just as it dodged the pothole)
My car did not slow down for a pothole and the last two days it has been going at 25-30mph following the other cars. Still waiting for it to slow down

Just did my daily software check, 2023.44.30.7 was waiting
I did not notice any notable difference between 5.1 and this 30.7 the last two days. The car is getting very confident if there is a big truck turning to our narrow neighborhood streets and goes very close to the truck as there are cars parked on the street and goes tot he Stop sign like nothing happened. The big guy o the big truck was yelling at me thro my closed windows :D :D

Last edited:
I just received notification that 2023.44.30.7 is available for my car. Consolidation continues...

Will it diverge when FSDb v12 is made available?
Don't suggest that idea to Tesla. It took 7 updates for the unified branch and we don't know there will be more update or not. If Tesla diverges then re-unifies again we will have to install many updates again.

Installed 2023.44.30.7 and went for 50 mile test.
Dry wipes improved / reduced - 97.3%.

Stop at stop sign. Delay after stopping, before creeping starts, increased by + 78.2%
Creeping speed, reduced by - 23.7%
Dithering after creeping, flipping steering back and forth, increased by + 48.5%, followed by maximum acceleration to 30 mph while making square left turn.

Slamming on brakes to full stop in traffic lane when meeting car on two lane highway, no change. (After it does this, it usually tells me to take control immediately. I'm pleased it gives up willingly.)

Waiting in Burger King drive thru for 7 minutes, (in park), +19.1% unsafe following penalty applied to Tesla insurance premium.

Passengers making screaming goat noise, volume increase + 18.4%, pitch increase + 38.9%

Installed 2023.44.30.7 and went for 50 mile test.
Dry wipes improved / reduced - 97.3%.

Stop at stop sign. Delay after stopping, before creeping starts, increased by + 78.2%
Creeping speed, reduced by - 23.7%
Dithering after creeping, flipping steering back and forth, increased by + 48.5%, followed by maximum acceleration to 30 mph while making square left turn.

Slamming on brakes to full stop in traffic lane when meeting car on two lane highway, no change. (After it does this, it usually tells me to take control immediately. I'm pleased it gives up willingly.)

Waiting in Burger King drive thru for 7 minutes, (in park), +19.1% unsafe following penalty applied to Tesla insurance premium.

Passengers making screaming goat noise, volume increase + 18.4%, pitch increase + 38.9%
J