Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I have been having my best drives ever. However out of nowhere, while sitting as front car at a red light, the car just slowly started moving forward. I let it go a couple of feet, since there weren't any cars coming from either direction. My first red light runner in months. Just an FYI to be alert at red lights when you are in pole position. It has never ran this light before.
I had a similar WTF with 11.4.9 today.
Driving down a 60mph divided highway in the right lane, I noticed flashing yellow lights easily visible at least a half mile away. A work crew had the right lane closed for street light repair.
FSD-wtf just kept barreling along at 63mph, no sign of slowing down or moving over until I took over and braked quite firmly to give me time to signal and move over. Felt like the typical "emergency vehicle in the road therefore lets run into it" scenario, except I was paying more attention than the car was.

Yea, I think Tesla is mucking with us.😂 Seems the last couple of days Tesla has been throwing "crap" drives at us after a couple of weeks of improved drives. 🤔 :oops:
Agreed, and my light show went off without a problem.
Did it Christmas Eve and day and New Years eve.
Still married as of now. My wife actually watched 2 or 3 shows before going inside with her friends to self medicate.
Kids and friends loved it. Can't wait until Halloween.
There are some scary a$$ shows to play. Will park by my front door. If only we could remotely control all the shows, that would be awesome. I know you can time the first one, but being able to do them all remotely would be great..

Yea, I think Tesla is mucking with us.😂 Seems the last couple of days Tesla has been throwing "crap" drives at us after a couple of weeks of improved drives. 🤔 :oops:
Maybe to make us appreciate v12.x more? I mean, they can't release 12 and have it worse than 11 so they're polluting 11?

Just a thought.

Kind of like @FSDtester#1 only able to have friends worse looking than him, so people think he favors more than he does?

Agreed, and my light show went off without a problem.
Did it Christmas Eve and day and New Years eve.
Still married as of now. My wife actually watched 2 or 3 shows before going inside with her friends to self medicate.
Kids and friends loved it. Can't wait until Halloween.
There are some scary a$$ shows to play. Will park by my front door. If only we could remotely control all the shows, that would be awesome. I know you can time the first one, but being able to do them all remotely would be great..
Would love you to share your files with me

Last edited:
I have been having my best drives ever. However out of nowhere, while sitting as front car at a red light, the car just slowly started moving forward. I let it go a couple of feet, since there weren't any cars coming from either direction. My first red light runner in months. Just an FYI to be alert at red lights when you are in pole position. It has never ran this light before.
Did visualisations indicate it was stopping for a traffic light when approaching the intersection? I'm curious if it identified it as a stop light or stop sign.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Maybe to make us appreciate v12.x more? I mean, they can't release 12 and have it worse than 11 so they're polluting 11?

Just a thought.

Kind of like @FSDtester#1 only able to have friends worse looking than him, so people think he favors more than he does?
Na that makes no sense. That would be like the equivalent of them making auto wipers unusable earlier this year and then fixing it in the holiday update to make us so gratefohhhhh wait…

First I've heard of pothole/manhole avoidance on FSD Beta 11.4.9. We'll see if others experience it or if it there was another cause of what Chuck saw:

11.4.9 seemed like it avoided a ~1.5in deep pothole for me today at around 5-10mph. It could have been a fluke, but based on my 2 yrs+ experience with FSD, this looked intentional (I saw a curve on the blue path visualization just as it dodged the pothole)

11.4.9 seemed like it avoided a ~1.5in deep pothole for me today at around 5-10mph. It could have been a fluke, but based on my 2 yrs+ experience with FSD, this looked intentional (I saw a curve on the blue path visualization just as it dodged the pothole)
That would be nice but I haven't had success with 11.4.9 slowing or acknowledging storm water trenches etc.

Reactions: jebinc
I drive in Atlanta every day and mine NEVER seems to miss an opportunity to hit a manhole cover. 🤪 NEVER had it make any kind of avoidance maneuver of a manhole cover or pothole.

Don't use MySpace (although do help finance it by owning TSLA) so not sure but does Chuck say what streets this was on? Would love to try them if in the city.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 6.12.33 AM.png

Last edited: