Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Here is the full 4K video that shows the lane shifting in better detail and some lovely stock electro "music" (literally) splattered in. On lane changing unlike NoA's slow to respond, Beta seems to change lanes right away. Although it does do the current Beta most infamous thing of turning on the signal and then turning it off. Sure hoping they will finely start to rail in the random signal lights.

Also of note. The USS lines still show up, so V11 Beta is still using or at least displaying the sensors on equipped cars.

Please release this to the influencers so we can get some quality videos. This is only one step above the crappy quality even I could make. Strange that Tesla hasn't identified the car and removed (that we know of) the preBeta of Beta V11 from it.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Is it just me or are these V11.3 videos from this driver pretty much useless in evaluating the new release?
No, they are near crap and it is likely someone related to an employee that is taking advantage of the situation. Tesla can't be happy.

Quote from my post above: Please release this to the influencers so we can get some quality videos. This is only one step above the crappy quality even I could make.

Is it too to point out to Teslascope that almost 55% of cars are now on a version that currently has no avenue to FSDb :rolleyes:
That could be wrong tomorrow, or March 2nd when they release V11 as part of 2023.6
We can live in hope
I say that but I live in Texas

Since fsdb is under an NHTSA recall they should not, legally, be delivering it any new cars anyway (once that had it queued might be a gray area).

Whatever they then CAN deliver would have to be on a new version anyway, so could certainly be something that could go to anyone relevant.

It STILL..as stated by Tesla… will do the worst possible thing at the worst possible time. For $15k.

Except, of course, Tesla never stated that.

They state it MAY do the wrong thing at the worst time. Not will. Those are legally and literally very different things.

Also fsdb is $0. Normal FSD is 15k today. If you own that can you, for $0, request to ALSO get fsdb (though probably won't until the recall is resolved)

But you never let facts get in your way so why start now?

maydo.jpg

Here is the full 4K video that shows the lane shifting in better detail and some lovely stock electro "music" (literally) splattered in. On lane changing unlike NoA's slow to respond, Beta seems to change lanes right away. Although it does do the current Beta most infamous thing of turning on the signal and then turning it off. Sure hoping they will finely start to rail in the random signal lights.

Also of note. The USS lines still show up, so V11 Beta is still using or at least displaying the sensors on equipped cars.

Please release this to the influencers so we can get some quality videos. This is only one step above the crappy quality even I could make. Strange that Tesla hasn't identified the car and removed (that we know of) the preBeta of Beta V11 from it.

Get off this posters case with the videos that aren’t up to your standards. Stop looking if it bothers you so much. Why on earth are you trying to get this person fired?????

Gotta love how FSD lane shifts to the far left (2:50) when passing the relatively narrow moving van driving on the far right most lane line. It couldn't be any further away for gawds sakes. FSD logic seems to shift lane position to the opposing lane edge if the adjacent lane vehicle has a large return area. Human like? No. Dumb AI? Yea!

Reactions: 2101Guy and JB47394
...Why on earth are you trying to get this person fired?????
Tesla HR investigator: We have an employee who has violated their NDA and posting on Tweeter.

Tesla HR boss: Is it Elon again?

Tesla HR investigator: No not this time.

Tesla HR boss: Well you know the drill. Get on TMC forum immediately and check to see what user JulienW has to say. Per the usual we will follow their recommendations.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Tesla HR investigator: We have an employee who has violated their NDA and posting on Tweeter.

Tesla HR boss: Is it Elon again?

Tesla HR investigator: No not this time.

Tesla HR boss: Well you know the drill. Get on TMC forum immediately and check to see what user JulienW has to say. Per the usual we will follow their recommendations.

🤣 🤣 🤣
You can make light of the situation if that convinces you that your words were correct, non offensive and non demeaning just to prove your own self importance.

Reactions: STUtoday
You can make light of the situation if that convinces you that your words were correct, non offensive and non demeaning just to prove your own self importance.
Situation???? The only situation I'm in is wanting me some damn FSD Beta V11 update. Or at least a hit of 10.69.25.2.420 🚬update to appease. 🤣 Hell I'll take any FSD Beta update.
Also let me quote myself: Strange that Tesla hasn't identified the car and removed (that we know of) the preBeta of Beta V11 from it.
Also here is another quote I made that seems to contradict your implied animosity towards the employee:
it is likely someone related to an employee that is taking advantage of the situation.

Where do I say I want to get the employee fired or use the word fired? You are the one that inferred the word fired. That is why I find it funny because it is in your head, NOT mine. ;) I couldn't care less what Tesla does and just lightly pondered what might be since that is WHAT a forum is best used for. If you find that innocuous statement offensive and demeaning to you personally, then well.... that is on you.o_O

Situation???? The only situation I'm in is wanting me some damn FSD Beta V11 update. Or at least a hit of 10.69.25.2.420 🚬update to appease. 🤣 Hell I'll take any FSD Beta update.
Also let me quote myself: Strange that Tesla hasn't identified the car and removed (that we know of) the preBeta of Beta V11 from it.
Also here is another quote I made that seems to contradict your implied animosity towards the employee:
it is likely someone related to an employee that is taking advantage of the situation.

Where do I say I want to get the employee fired or use the word fired? You are the one that inferred the word fired. That is why I find it funny because it is in your head, NOT mine. ;) I couldn't care less what Tesla does and just lightly pondered what might be since that is WHAT a forum is best used for. If you find that innocuous statement offensive and demeaning to you personally, then well.... that is on you.o_O
Ah here we go again Judge julienW twisting and turning. There’s little doubt that you belittled the Video poster verbally and want v11 removed from his vehicle so you could get better quality video.
“No, they are near crap” julienW

Does the driver have a left hand, or is it holding the camera?

I mean, this is an odd way to cancel a turn signal.

Signal.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Since fsdb is under an NHTSA recall they should not, legally, be delivering it any new cars anyway (once that had it queued might be a gray area).

Whatever they then CAN deliver would have to be on a new version anyway, so could certainly be something that could go to anyone relevant.

Except, of course, Tesla never stated that.

They state it MAY do the wrong thing at the worst time. Not will. Those are legally and literally very different things.

Also fsdb is $0. Normal FSD is 15k today. If you own that can you, for $0, request to ALSO get fsdb (though probably won't until the recall is resolved)

But you never let facts get in your way so why start now?

View attachment 911096
So you just proved my point.

V11/single stack in all its glory…is no safer than the prior versions. BOTH can be expected to do the “worst” thing at the “worst” time. Same level of warning.

That is NOT…confidence inspiring.

For..$15k. 😂