Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
seems like another push is starting
Looks like this is including new additions to FSD Beta! 🎉 These pending "from" versions I included in the screenshot are all not FSD Beta:
non-fsd-beta.png

Praying 2022.44.100 gets picked up soon direct to FSDb FW
Some new vehicles are newly getting added to FSD Beta, but so far no completed installs from 2023 Model 3/Y showing up on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker (neither from 10.x/11.x nor newly added, e.g., from 2022.44.100).

Looks like this is including new additions to FSD Beta! 🎉 These pending "from" versions I included in the screenshot are all not FSD Beta:
View attachment 923658

Some new vehicles are newly getting added to FSD Beta, but so far no completed installs from 2023 Model 3/Y showing up on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker
deja vu or did you already post that?

I have a theory that sensitivity to VRUs is a setting that’s high when a release is first rolled out, then they dial it back remotely when they get some data that it appears safe to do so. This should be doable without any neural network retraining or software updates purely thru a network download in the background as it would just be a multiplier.

We often see releases start out very hesitant, then seem to “magically” get less hesitant over the coming days even though the FSD version hasn’t changed.

NHTSA recall 23V085 is officially remedied with TeslaFi showing a new addition to FSD Beta 11.3.4 coming from 2022.44.30.

Until the software version containing the fix is available, we have paused the rollout of FSD Beta to all who have opted-in but have not yet received a software version containing FSD Beta.​
Maybe next in line is revenue recognition for adding 2023/USS-less vehicles to FSD Beta?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Hey guys,

Im trying to validate teslafi data that shows 2023 M3 installs coming from 69.25.2 I’ve been looking at Teslafi data from phone browser but not sure If there is a filter I can apply to see it. I also do not have USS.

Does anyone have this data?

Thanks

I have a theory that sensitivity to VRUs is a setting that’s high when a release is first rolled out, then they dial it back remotely when they get some data that it appears safe to do so. This should be doable without any neural network retraining or software updates purely thru a network download in the background as it would just be a multiplier.

We often see releases start out very hesitant, then seem to “magically” get less hesitant over the coming days even though the FSD version hasn’t changed.

I had this theory as well. There was a bunch of discussion earlier in this thread about whether there's any way for the car to even store additional configuration parameters across reboots like that.

(It's somewhere in the 200 pages of posts, good luck finding it)

There wasn't a conclusive answer about if it's possible or not, but it sounded like it there's at least some evidence Tesla can't do this. It still think they might tho...

Edit: here's the discussion Elon: FSD Beta tweets Shocker, people disagreed about if it's possible

Thinking about this a little more, what if the car defaulted to safe, conservative tuning hardcoded in the signed firmware. And then after each reboot (or every day or whatever) if queries Tesla servers for the latest tuning and keeps it in memory. Voila! No need to persist anything on the car. And when network connectivity is down, FSD would just default to a conservative safe mode.

Future point updates could update the in-firmware default tuning.

There is an industry analyst who says they have tested and found that cars that frequent a route drive better on that route than those that are new to the route. This was from a couple of years ago.

Downloading extra map information for that route might explain it. There may be other things going on as well that Tesla doesn't want to talk about (Because EM believes in pure vision only tech).

The update has crashed my GPS. FSD / AP are not available. Only difference this time was I had enabled sentry mode.

Soft reset didn't fix it. Service call ?

ps : That did it. The car got scared and it's working now ;)
By crashed do you mean no GPS updates? I have seen this twice in the last two days on 11.3.3. Soft reset fixes it for me. What is really weird is the big display and the little display show my car in two different places, neither one moving. When this happens I can't enabled autopilot. Tells me GPS is not working.

Wonder if this was fixed in 11.3.4? Maybe that was the reason for the update?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Im trying to validate teslafi data that shows 2023 M3 installs coming from 69.25.2
TeslaFi has a lot of information, but it's not the easiest to navigate. From a given software page, there's a table with Model, Badge, Count, AP versions; and you can expand the Model 3 row to see more details. TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Here it's probably obvious that there are no USS-less vehicles yet as there's exactly 0 vehicles that are 2023 Model 3 on 11.3.4 out of 415 Model 3s from any year. Similarly 11.3.3 has 0 2023 but 781 Model 3 installs and 11.3.2 has 0 of 17. Most of these Model 3s are coming from 10.69.25.2 which has 18 2023 Model 3s out of 1450. So out of these 2663 Model 3s, all 18 2023s are on 10.69.25.2 or roughly 0.67% of this population. If there was a random unbiased distribution of 11.x to all these Model 3s, we should expect around 8 of them on any of these 11.x. Maybe these 2023 owners didn't install it yet, but it seems more likely that 11.x is not available to USS-less vehicles yet.