Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Make sure it isn't long. @Ramphex just said he doesn't pay attention to long things, only short things... i guess he has experience with short things
I’m in Augusta for the week and don’t care if I get the new one or not and am only giving this a cursory glance tonight, but this post…

I told my wife they were all the same size.

She assured me they were not.

TeslaFi has a lot of information, but it's not the easiest to navigate. From a given software page, there's a table with Model, Badge, Count, AP versions; and you can expand the Model 3 row to see more details. TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Here it's probably obvious that there are no USS-less vehicles yet as there's exactly 0 vehicles that are 2023 Model 3 on 11.3.4 out of 415 Model 3s from any year. Similarly 11.3.3 has 0 2023 but 781 Model 3 installs and 11.3.2 has 0 of 17. Most of these Model 3s are coming from 10.69.25.2 which has 18 2023 Model 3s out of 1450. So out of these 2663 Model 3s, all 18 2023s are on 10.69.25.2 or roughly 0.67% of this population. If there was a random unbiased distribution of 11.x to all these Model 3s, we should expect around 8 of them on any of these 11.x. Maybe these 2023 owners didn't install it yet, but it seems more likely that 11.x is not available to USS-less vehicles yet.
Wow thanks for the insight! Although not happy with the results😡

Reactions: FSDtester#1
No way there is a .5 that we have to wait for again. I am starting to really hate 10.69.
I bet that 11 won’t solve any of my issues anyway; they all seem to be map-data related. Oh well. Tesla needs to invest in more accurate maps if they are going to use any sort of map data. Right now they are using data that hasn’t fixed my errors since 10.2.

I just got 2022.45.13 on 21 Y. Haven’t tried it. I did lose supercharging though. Had it taken away couple years ago when I fixed it up salvaged, then for the last 4 months or so it had been reenabled, though I only needed to sc once. After this update sc removed. One can tell because trip planner in nav menu gone. Tesla givith, Tesla taketh. Kinda annoying.

I just got 2022.45.13 on 21 Y. Haven’t tried it. I did lose supercharging though. Had it taken away couple years ago when I fixed it up salvaged, then for the last 4 months or so it had been reenabled, though I only needed to sc once. After this update sc removed. One can tell because trip planner in nav menu gone. Tesla givith, Tesla taketh. Kinda annoying.
Oops they did it again 😬