Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
It summarizes the entire fleet for each firmware version by these categories:

1. Downloading
  2. Waiting for WiFi
  3. Installing
  4. Ready to install
  5. Schedule to install

Right. But none of those metrics show when Tesla pushed the update to the vehicle. Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well. I don't care when people installed or downloaded an update, I care about when Tesla pushed it out to vehicles (or made it available to pull).

As far as I know Tesla hasn't pushed V11 to any more cars today, so we might be due for a push soon.

Right. But none of those metrics show when Tesla pushed the update to the vehicle. Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well. I don't care when people installed or downloaded an update, I care about when Tesla pushed it out to vehicles (or made it available to pull).

As far as I know Tesla hasn't pushed V11 to any more cars today, so we might be due for a push soon.
(IM)Patiently for my turn to download&install V11.
This roll out is the worst ever.
10.69 has been unusable for me, so I don't use it much except for straight ahead, and even then it's so hesitant I disengage all the time.
I am starting to get pretty upset.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
So I tried 11.3.4 last PM, drove approximately 30 miles through/around town, including the interstate which flows south of town. I was relatively pleased and going to give 11.3.4 a three thumbs up, you know, on a scale of 0-5 thumbs. Did a much better job in traffic, in town, on the highway. Didn't kill me a single time and only had to pedal encourage it once, no disengagements. It did seem a bit more aggressive, meaning driving more like my NYC self than the local Montana style.

But.........then.........on the trek home and on a difficult road which it has, to my surprise, always managed correctly, it made a significant mistake. The two-lane highway curves to the left just past a bridge with intersections to the right on each side of the bridge. The car, and on initial and repeat trials, got in the right-hand lane which deadends at the bridge, meaning in that lane only a right turn is possible, rightly so it got confused so I had to disengage. What's weird is that it has never before made that error. So minus one thumb just for that........It also had more errors with bike and curb/side of road lanes. So.......new either map or lane interpretation errors......

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
(IM)Patiently for my turn to download&install V11.
This roll out is the worst ever.
10.69 has been unusable for me, so I don't use it much except for straight ahead, and even then it's so hesitant I disengage all the time.
I am starting to get pretty upset.
All it took was a nasty message on TMC to get the update!! V11 incoming! yay!

I was in 2022.44.100 since I picked up my 2023TMYLR7 on February, Today morning I finally got the long waiting FSD software update 2022.45.14, couldn't wait to test it, so after half an hour I took the car for a ride and it was amazing. It is true there were some hick ups but I can live with that. I grew up watching the Knight Rider, it took me back in those days. I am very happy to get it (The limitation I saw was well expected.... and I believe it will be less and less day by day.... )
My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: FSDtester#1