Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Not accurate.
Probably correct, and the neural networks and core code are definitely not being updated themselves on the fly.

However GreenTheOnly confirmed Tesla is downloading map metadata when you put in a route, so it is possible for live updates to the map metadata to occur within a single FSDb version which could make a subsequent run on a route for a single FSDb version to improve behavior. But @Therealm80 may just be witnessing a random change in behavior.

3.3 -> 3.6, no appreciable change noticed yet. Still drives right past turns, gets confused by turn lanes, stops in unexpected places, but is overall smooth
Yep, sounds about the same as 11.3.3 for me then. Maybe the fixed the issue where my driver side window will automatically close when the car is locked. That would be an improvement over 11.3.3.

Also got 11.3.6 last night, will test shortly.

11.3.3 had lots of annoyances but a good bit of improvements on things like giving distance when passing semis, turning into my neighborhood at a reasonable speed instead of slamming the brakes and taking the turn at 30mph like it used to do.

11.X stack is way better at adjusting for speed limit changes in a more human like way too which is a big plus. I was waiting on 10.69.X to get me a ticket with the super slow coast down when speed would change from 55 to 40mph. Cops love to sit at speed changes to do speed traps around here.

Drove around the city a bit this morning in light traffic, didn't notice any discernible changes yet on 11.3.6. Still fails on a right turn when that lane ends, struggles to know what to do at that point. Sometimes signals and moves left at the end, today acted confused and almost stopped and I took over, made a report. Bad map data main problem perhaps, lots of testing ahead. Report!
And Happy Easter to all! Traditional burgers and margarita's with all the fixings and friends here - no more driving today! 😇😇

Probably correct, and the neural networks and core code are definitely not being updated themselves on the fly.

However GreenTheOnly confirmed Tesla is downloading map metadata when you put in a route, so it is possible for live updates to the map metadata to occur within a single FSDb version which could make a subsequent run on a route for a single FSDb version to improve behavior. But @Therealm80 may just be witnessing a random change in behavior.
Map metadata doesn’t help this situation I have daily and report daily. Always swerves into the right pass around lane that is only used if traffic is stopped and turning left.

FSDB blinkers and swerves into it every single time

IMG_7452.jpeg

Anyone surprised?
Nope. It feels like things are at the end of the road for HW3. Aside from shill/placebo effect, it doesn't sound like there was much performance improvement among the many V11 releases. Early on I think Elon said something like the new HW3 hardware changes everything. Unfortunately it might only address a little more than the top 10% of the floating iceberg.

Last edited:
How can Omar report FSD is "dramatically better" when he's previously reported FSD is almost perfect :)
That well-known as a shill has been reporting “perfect” and “no disengagements” and “greatly improved” and “game-changing” and “mind blowing,” since October 2021! He claims to provided unbiased reviews 🤣💥

Last edited:
That well-known as a shill has been reporting “perfect” and “no disengagements” and “greatly improved” and “game-changing” since October 2021! He claims to provided unbiased reviews 🤣💥
His YouTube videos are unbiased .... afterall he gives raw 1x videos, without commentary. Unless ofcourse you think Facts have a pro-Tesla bias (to misquote Colbert) .... ;)

They are a LOT more unbiased than slickly produced by PR videos of competitors that haters routinely post on this forum, for eg.

His YouTube videos are unbiased .... afterall he gives raw 1x videos, without commentary. Unless ofcourse you think Facts have a pro-Tesla bias (to misquote Colbert) .... ;)

They are a LOT more unbiased than slickly produced by PR videos of competitors that haters routinely post on this forum, for eg.

I dunno about the 1x videos- but I've caught outright lies when he's posted his sped-up ones.... like a year+ before FSDb came out he posted one claiming his car took him to his favorite restaurant without intervention.... slow it down and it's super clear he was manually making turns and turning AP back on after each intersection. When this was called out in comments he said he meant no "unexpected" interventions and of course you have to do turns manually.

Pretty much gave up on anything he says about self driving at that point.