Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Dirty Tesla, looks like we can see a little 11.4.x light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it test well with the "influencers" and maybe we will see 11.4.2 by next weekend or so and a rollout starting to us "regular" owners. Hope I'm closer to the front of the pack than the rear this time. 🤣

EDIT: While I only watched as background and it was just a quick and Dirty (pun) first test drive, there seemed to be a lot of mistakes.

Last edited:
Dirty Tesla, looks like we can see a little 11.4.x light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it test well with the "influencers" and maybe we will see 11.4.2 by next weekend or so and a rollout starting to us "regular" owners. Hope I'm closer to the front of the pack than the rear this time. 🤣

EDIT: While I only watched as background and it was just a quick and Dirty (pun) first test drive, there seemed to be a lot of mistakes.

Yep. Watched half the video. Looks about the same as 11.3.6.

Towing shreds the mileage on my Model Y. I’m sure the weight, trailer, and shape of what you’re towing is a huge factor so it would be hard to compare “towing ability” without towing the same exact load with both vehicles in question.
I tow a speeder weighing 2,300 LB's It's six feet tall and is a cube with no aero dynamic values at all. With the X I lost 30-40% range and a lot more in the mountains. What are you pulling? Does Tesla let you use AP or FSD while towing. My X will not allow it.

Reactions: Ramphex
Looks like the planner path display is finally smoother - it bordered on the needlessly ridiculous side of things. Hopefully steering input was tamed as well. Sounds like turns, accel, decel might be smoother. Otherwise it looks like much of the same old issues exist.

Reactions: modl3mike
No good at 4:00 and 7:57: The car ran on the shoulders to make right turns. It's illegal and dangerous.

I don't think it's illegal to bias into shoulder to make a right turn, as long as you're not driving on the shoulder to pass cars. As the driver said, it's exactly what he'd do, and in most cases, it's safer to do this on roads 35mph or faster, as consideration for the cars behind.

I don't think it's illegal to bias into shoulder to make a right turn, as long as you're not driving on the shoulder to pass cars. As the driver said, it's exactly what he'd do, and in most cases, it's safer to do this on roads 35mph or faster, as consideration for the cars behind.
It's illegal in California. If another car makes the right turn at the same time then collision will happen and the car crossing the shoulder will be at fault.

Overall positive review with a few minor problems as expected. Summary/Conclusion at 14:27
Pet Peeve (trust me 🤣 🤣 🤣, another one) , strangers on the internet telling strangers on the internet they are honest. I guess dishonest strangers on the internet say that they are dishonest. But if they say they are dishonest doesn't that make them honest?🤔🥴

We have unmarked roads here too (like I guess most neighborhoods in US) - but FSD doesn't have that problem. I think there is a particular width of the road above which it can handle. Narrower than that cut off, it will stop. We'd slow down - but not stop.
I don't disagree that the occupancy can be one input to the decision, but there should still be control by the driver to allow/emphasize or prohibit/demphasize such choices.

Also, is it not still true in California and other states, that the HOV lane can be used by single-occupancy EVs, as a perk to encourage their adoption?
It is true. You just need to buy stickers that get applied to the rear back sides and front sides and of course send in the fees.