Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
If my dog is riding with me I have to fasten the seat belt so the alarm doesn't keep going off. I don't think the police would consider my dog a qualifying passenger for the HOV lane.
Well, that's just typical speciesist behavior, now isn't it? And by the way, they don't like being called "dogs" anymore. It's considered insulting. "I wouldn't treat my DOG that way", "It's a DOG's life", blah blah blah blah.......

The proper way to address this group, at least regionally, is as Canine Americans.........

Last edited:
Well, that's typical speciesist behavior, isn't it? And by the way, they don't like being called "dogs" anymore. It's considered insulting. "I wouldn't treat my DOG that way", "It's a DOG's life", blah blah blah blah.......

The proper way to address this group, at least regionally, is as Canine Americans.........
well, I find your comment rather cannist! We have two dog...err...canine Americans. The golden doodle doesn't seem to mind being called a dog. in fact, she doesn't seem to mind anything - she's just happy all the time. Especially when sitting in the front seat of my MY, triggering the seat belt alarm all the way to the cabin.

My wife calls our Boston Terrier 'the rat.' She doesn't seem to mind that either, as long as she gets food. Maybe we should call her a murine American?

Disappointing. This is an issue I’ve had on 11.3.6, where I always disengage and report. Another issue I’ve had, in certain conditions, my car will follow a cyclist, as if it’s another car, and not move over to pass them. This is on a road with no other traffic, so it’s not like it’s waiting for it to be clear to pass, it just drafts the cyclist.
I would think that is to be expected. They are already well into the 11.4.x development before they get the test results back from 11.3.6. It is a game of leapfrog.

Here's one of those scenarios where FSD seemingly can't respond quick enough. Hard to see how HW3 could ever be as safe as a human.

Watching this video, it's pretty clear just how many times Chuck needs to manually intervene and the car is doing things that are just weird compared to normal human behavior.

Still seems like a super-odd mix of very unsafe behavior to overly cautious behavior, which reflects most of my existing experience with FSD.

It sure seems like it's a long ways off and is not making significant improvements. It may be making 5 steps forward in areas, but in other areas it takes 4 steps back.

I the latest ULT video by Chuck - the main issue is the car is now moving to the second lane instead of the 1st one nearest to the center. It looks quite deliberate - and something to do with not driving on the faster lane ? This would actually be a nice change when there are two lane to turn into and we need to use the right lane (on a left turn) - but should only be done on protected lefts rather than unprotected.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I wonder if Elon's definition of "safety-critical interventions" is much higher than the typical FSD beta user. I know that I tend to disengage rather quickly. I'm sure that in nearly all cases there would not be an accident, but IMO if the car's actions cause other vehicles to need to take measures to avoid your erratic driving, it's safety critical.