Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Tesla continuing to push software teams to handle hardware changes. Looks like Model Y made in Texas are starting to get delivered with HW4. Here's a vehicle spotted by TeslaInfo already sold being delivered to Burbank CA: 2023 Tesla MY AWD in In transit to Burbank CA US listed at Sold

And that delivery center already has some Model Ys with a dummy front camera:

Presumably because S/X already have basic Autopilot working on HW4 and some of those vehicles are on FSD Beta 11.4.1, hopefully new deliveries of these Y will get FSD Beta soon.
Wife took delivery of an Austin 4680 AWD last week… of course it was a HW3. @Ramphex cursed me again, and Tesla shat on me as well. 🤌

While driving on a rural 2-lane highway in northeastern Missouri today at 60 mph, FSDb detected a bit of roadkill in my lane that appeared to be a large possum. It looked to be small enough for the car to clear, but not by much. FSDb detected it and performed an evasive maneuver, crossing the double yellow line (no opposing traffic in sight) to go around the object, returning to the proper lane afterward.

I've never had FSDb do this. The whole thing was done brilliantly and I was rather impressed, especially since that I was travelling at high speed and there would have been little time for FSDb to react.

To celebrate, later in the drive, FSDb did not properly yield to cross traffic when turning onto another highway. This is the second time I have experienced this failure. It occurs when there is a right hand curve with yield sign but no acceleration lane. It seems like FSDb expects to have it's own lane so ignores cross traffic from the left.

Stay vigilant.

So, not been on this thread for awhile, and not willing to read the last 100 pages or so....

In position for the first time in a year to update to Beta compatible firmware. I intend to do a months worth of subscription.

Per Teslafi, less than 2% on 11.3.6. Why is this?

Is it buggy, worse than the last beta?

Will it take away things like parking sensors or radar?

Thanks in advance.

So, not been on this thread for awhile, and not willing to read the last 100 pages or so....

In position for the first time in a year to update to Beta compatible firmware. I intend to do a months worth of subscription.

Thanks in advance.
There are now two releases with FSD beta 11.3.6. ~26% of TeslaFi are on 2022.45.15 which includes 11.3.6. A few days ago another release 2023.12.10 also included 11.3.6. This version so far is updating only 2023.x versions, and that is the 2% you are seeing.

11.3.6 has issues, but is the latest large FSD version so far. I, probably among many, am hoping for an 11.4.x release, hopefully in a 2023.x version. Time will tell.

11.3.6 has auto parked and has smart-summoned for me at least once but not reliably, and my '21 MY has both the old radar and USS sensors. I gather cars without those sensor also can run 11.3.6, but I can not verify if the auto park and smart summon features are enabled.

To add to the quantitative data from @swedge , a few (admittedly less data-driven) observations:

1. The vast majority of Tesla owners who wanted to be on FSD beta already had their cars and their opportunity to purchase or subscribe as of December 2022. These are the roughly 400,000 users, and they are already on 11.3.6, with only a very few having been offered 11.4.1 recently.
  2. Some percentage, presumably fairly small, of existing owners may have decided they'd like to try it now, but had already updated past the 2022.45 branch. Perhaps a more significant batch are those who purchased cars in 2023 and we're already past the 2022.45 branch. Both of these groups are now learning of the recent (only days-old) roll out of 2023.12.10.l, which lhich at this point is being offered primarily to those who purchased or subscribed sometime in 2023. But remember that a lot of people were holding off the subscription until they had some news that it would get them into beta. That's really just happened, so we're still in the midst of the new l-subscriber sign up and download activity.
  3. I think it's a safe assumption that the percentage of data-reporting participants in teslaFi or TeslaScope will be the lowest, for the newest batch of owners.
Summary: you're only seeing the incremental new sign-ups from owners
who didn't have it already,
who did not or could not sign up until now,
who have heard the relatively recent news ,
and who have been aware and motivated enough to sign up for data reporting on those websites.

This is understandably not a big number, with all those things considered.

I have 2023.12.9 on my 2022 Model 3 LR.
Today I subscribed to FSD, but the Beta tab is grayed out and says FSDb will be available in a future update.
I thought that we were all caught up and that I'd be able to at least get 11.3.6.
Any thoughts and/or facts would be appreciated...

Today I subscribed to FSD, but the Beta tab is grayed out and says FSDb will be available in a future update.
I thought that we were all caught up and that I'd be able to at least get 11.3.6.
You need 2023.12.10, not 2023.12.9. You will probably be offered that download in the near future.

Reactions: aerodyne and JHCCAZ

Thanks in advance.
My 2022 car has parking sensors and it uses them and can both auto park and summon on 2023.12.10 11.3.6 FSDb.

Reactions: aerodyne
You might also go into your car settings and change your software update preference to advanced. If you eventually get the 2023.12.10 update, if your beta tab is still grayed out after, do the double scroll wheel reboot.

Had a crazy epiphany. What if Tesla keeps the current strange 2 beta path with the most current FSD Beta being offered on an earlier software and a PROVEN more stable FSD Beta offered on the newest branch to the masses. Then maybe us original testers could select to get either get and test the latest FSD Beta version or have the most current software with the last proven FSD Beta.

If this happened which would you pick?

Had a crazy epiphany. What if Tesla keeps the current strange 2 beta path with the most current FSD Beta being offered on an earlier software and a PROVEN more stable FSD Beta offered on the newest branch to the masses. Then maybe us original testers could select to get either get and test the latest FSD Beta version or have the most current software with the last proven FSD Beta.

If this happened which would you pick?
Latest main software with whatever junk is attached to it

Reactions: Pdubs and jebinc
I’m traveling in the Pittsburgh area for my son’s wedding. I’ve never been in the area and got a lot of running around to do. You can really appreciate how good FSD is when you have so much on your mind to get done. I have four trips loaded in FSD and it’s been doing great getting me here to there. Yesterday it did great also. I would have missed three or four of these quick exits.

Currently super charging between trips.

A while ago I had posted about how FSD would run a red light at the large X crossing intersection. I had an episode this morning with two close signals. The further one was green but mine was still red. The car didn’t move but sent up a message. Basically saying I’m confused, you make the decision to proceed. I’m not falling for this trick again. The X crossover had sent this to me once before but disappeared before I could get a picture of it. Off to my next stop

32BC2291-C01F-4574-BCF0-8EAAC03AD673.jpeg