Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Good morning Tesla owners in USA, Canada & rest of the world, outside of Europe.
As you may know, there is only an enormously crippled version of FSD here, due to EU regulations.
Tesla owners want the same version as the USA and Canada and in order to get this done, a petition for the European Parliament should get 15,000 signatures.
So, let’s go global and please help the Tesla owners with FSD in Europe and sign this petition. We are almost there.
Thank you all in advance!
This is a tad late. DCAS, the new standard for L2 ADAS in/by the UNECE if being put forward to GRVA by the working group - which is chaired by Tesla. Perhaps NoA and FSDb sometime 2024 if everything goes as planned and legislators put it into law.

I’m still waiting for R157 outside of Germany. That’s L3 at highway speeds.

Last edited:
Elon announced on the quarterly conference call today that in Q3 they will allow FSD transfers as a one-time thing. No details about if there is a charge for the transfer or not. But really it sounds like you will need to purchase the new vehicle in Q3.
Right and you will most certainly need to trade your car into Tesla, which may or may not low ball you.

Right!? Just like they did with the bonus $5000 to trade your old Tesla. My offer came in $6000 below estimated lol. I ended up just keeping it.
It reminds me of the offers like " Fall special - $2,000 off your new central heat pump system".

With the condition that you must present the coupon to the sales rep before he inspects your home, scribbles on his clipboard and gives you the quote...

To be legitimate, the FSD transfer needs to be uncoupled from any trade-in or other condition.

Overall, I see this "amnesty"* event as being too limited and coming too early. It's better than nothing, but it won't really solve the core problem of the FSD purchase being tied to the vehicle. Hopefully it will become a more regular thing, and elon's warning of "one time" will not be the last word.

* interesting choice of word, though I don't want to over-interpret Elon's meaning.​
Amnesty is generally applied to forgiveness of a crime or a rule violation, alternatively as extending refuge from oppression, more proprrly "asylum". Neither of these really applies to people who purchased FSD in hope, excitement and good faith but now see it as a barrier to purchasing a replacement Tesla.​

To be clear, I'm not a vicious critic and I love my FSD despite its unrealized capabilities. But I do struggle to understand why Tesla doesn't leverage it better for the loyal customer base. It's expensive and it wouldn't hurt them to do things to keep up the good feelings among those who paid the money and tested the product.

It reminds me of the offers like " Fall special - $2,000 off your new central heat pump system".

With the condition that you must present the coupon to the sales rep before he inspects your home, scribbles on his clipboard and gives you the quote...

To be legitimate, the FSD transfer needs to be uncoupled from any trade-in or other condition.

Overall, I see this "amnesty"* event as being too limited and coming too early. It's better than nothing, but it won't really solve the core problem of the FSD purchase being tied to the vehicle. Hopefully it will become a more regular thing, and elon's warning of "one time" will not be the last word.

* interesting choice of word, though I don't want to over-interpret Elon's meaning.​
Amnesty is generally applied to forgiveness of a crime or a rule violation, alternatively as extending refuge from oppression, more proprrly "asylum". Neither of these really applies to people who purchased FSD in hope, excitement and good faith but now see it as a barrier to purchasing a replacement Tesla.​

To be clear, I'm not a vicious critic and I love my FSD despite its unrealized capabilities. But I do struggle to understand why Tesla doesn't leverage it better for the loyal customer base. It's expensive and it wouldn't hurt them to do things to keep up the good feelings among those who paid the money and tested the product.
Agreed. If you buy FSD it should transfer to a new vehicle - it's software and would cost them nothing! I've bought it twice but never again - at most I'd opt in monthly for trips. Honestly at this point I can't wait until we have more choices of quality vehicles without consideration of where we can charge them on trips. Sadly that will probably be a few years at best. I suspect many of us early adopters will gladly jump ship with reasonable alternatives.

There was no price mentioned to transfer and he used the words "amnesty" and "one time offer". I think everyone on twitter and YouTube took that to mean a free transfer of an old purchased FSD to a new Q3 ordered vehicle.
I’m hoping they don’t require a trade in, in which case I might jump at the offer. I’d be quite surprised if they did because then they’d potentially have a flood of trade ins. I guess they could lowball all the trade in offers but that would be quite disingenuous and defeat the purpose of any ‘amnesty’.

I think Tesla knows that the millions of undelivered CTs will be negatively affecting demand for all other models in the short term and they need to counteract the Osborning. No firm CT delivery date was given today so I assume it’s going to slip to Q4.

What do you mean no? If you buy a new car Elon just announced that you can transfer FSD for free.
It’s not a new policy. It’s a campaign. They will offer you a low ball trade in price in for your old car and allow transfer of FSD during Q3. Probably not a global one either.

That’s clearly a campaign. Why limit it to Q3? Do the right thing and just allow transfer until it’s eyes-off? Oh wait, that’s never happening on existing cars.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc