Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
It’s not a new policy. It’s a campaign. They will offer you a low ball trade in price in for your old car and allow transfer of FSD during Q3. Probably not a global one either.

That’s clearly a campaign. Why limit it to Q3? Do the right thing and just allow transfer until it’s eyes-off? Oh wait, that’s never happening on existing cars.

You sound upset by this news. It's definitely a marketing gimmick, but it's a good deal for most people.

Just checked their trade-in offer for my 2019 SR+: $23,000.

They have 2023 Model 3 RWD in inventory for $39,000. After trade-in, state excise tax credit, and Federal tax credit, that's a new car with FSD for $7,500. Might be worth it for the ~60 miles of extra range, power lift-gate, matrix headlights, etc.

What I'd like to know is WTH is happening (or not) with 23.7.20/11.4.4? It has been about 4 months since we last had a near stable version (11.3.6), 11.4.4 is languishing and 23.7.x falling into near legacy status with 23.26.x now rolling out. We are so far behind the latest version of 11.4.4 is about to fall off the very bottom of TeslaFi's tracker page (embarrassing). Come on Tesla and throw us some kind of a bone or at least tease with something.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 6.27.10 AM.png

Last edited:
What I'd like to know is WTH is happening (or not) with 23.7.20/11.4.4? It has been about 4 months since we last had a near stable version (11.3.6), 11.4.4 is languishing and 23.7.x falling into near legacy status with 23.26.x now rolling out. We are so far behind the latest version of 11.4.4 is about to fall off the very bottom of TeslaFi's tracker page (embarrassing). Come on Tesla and throw us some kind of a bone or at least tease with something.
wonder if they are trying to merge the tracks to make the new one time transfer for the quarter more appealing, as if a customer with FSDb now upgrades to a HW4 they lose access to the beta. Or maybe it is an issue with 2023.7.25 11.4.5 or they are actually holding off to include a new feature, like the new wipers. Based of tweets I assume actually smart summon and autopark are a ways off and into holiday update territory. Teslas actions tend to skew toward the mysterious these days.

wonder if they are trying to merge the tracks to make the new one time transfer for the quarter more appealing, as if a customer with FSDb now upgrades to a HW4 they lose access to the beta. Or maybe it is an issue with 2023.7.25 11.4.5 or they are actually holding off to include a new feature, like the new wipers. Based of tweets I assume actually smart summon and autopark are a ways off and into holiday update territory. Teslas actions tend to skew toward the mysterious these days.

The Actually Smart Summon “deadline for the team” was in September…of 2022. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I am but had already planned to replace my Model Y (vin 15xxx) since there are a lot of enhancements to the car besides HW4 and I'm now my 4th year ownership. Just not sure if it will be another MY or a Model S.
If I'm not mistaken, the tax credit applies to MY but not MS. Relatively speaking, this makes MS quite expensive, especially since the used MY price is depressed by said tax credit. So you should really really want an S, to justify going that direction.

As always, it would be nice to have more clarity about the cars coming after September 30th. I think the "HW4" on 3Q 2023 cars may not be the same as HW4 on 4Q or 1Q 2924 builds. Elon is obliquely saying don't worry about that, in terms of eventual FSD capability - but I'd still worry. He's certainly not encouraging any concept of a future upgrade from early HW4 to later HW4, if that turns out to be a thing.

Good morning Tesla owners in USA, Canada & rest of the world, outside of Europe.
As you may know, there is only an enormously crippled version of FSD here, due to EU regulations.
Tesla owners want the same version as the USA and Canada and in order to get this done, a petition for the European Parliament should get 15,000 signatures.
So, let’s go global and please help the Tesla owners with FSD in Europe and sign this petition. We are almost there.
Thank you all in advance!
This is one of the few cases where the EU regulations make sense. FSD is a work in progress, let them sort it out in the US first and then move on to adapting it to Europe and other places. One step at a time.

Reactions: beachmiles
Unfortunately, we all signed up for this. Have to wait until the holiday update.
That is not true really - in fact I would take like a once in 1-2 month FSD update (a more substantial update) if I could stay along with the normal, "common" features. That is the case with people that got into beta a few months ago when they made the move to 2023.12.x and then 2023.20.x

The "improvements" (🔥, "magic") are only iterative. Whereas the common features are big (left steering wheel button to use features).

That is not true really - in fact I would take like a once in 1-2 month FSD update (a more substantial update) if I could stay along with the normal, "common" features. That is the case with people that got into beta a few months ago when they made the move to 2023.12.x and then 2023.20.x

The "improvements" (🔥, "magic") are only iterative. Whereas the common features are big (left steering wheel button to use features).
2023.12.x and 2023.20.x are still gimmick changes. The only worthy thing in those builds is bigger font size, but I don't think it's big enough (only 2 options: large and normal). I want a complete revamp of the UI to give the user better experience and comfort.

Drove FSD 11.4.4 for two hours today in a combination of rural and small city driving. Today was a batshit crazy day for 11.4.4 on my Tesla:

Sped towards stopped vehicles 5x. I had to mash on the brakes to stop it.

Slowed down almost to a standstill and then decided to cut over and change lanes 2x.

Traffic slowed in both lanes in my direction. There was a two car length opening and it actually darted into the other lane so quickly that it shocked me. we were traveling about 5mph or so.

Two lane 60mph rural road. Three cars in front of me are slowing to make a left turn. As the third car turns, I expect FSD to go straight, but the damn thing actually started to follow the third car and turn left, WITH TRAFFIC SPEEDING TOWARDS ME in the oncoming lane. I yanked the wheel and put FSD in timeout for the rest of the trip home.

This was not a good day for 11.4.4 on my HW4 vehicle.

The thing that bothers me most, is that I have done this exact drive several times on 11.4.4 and experienced none of these issues.

My trust in 11.4.4 is inversely proportional to the time I spend using it.

Joe
I was under the impression FSD wasn't available yet for HW4 because there wasn't enough driving data on HW4.

I just put in another request (to [email protected]) to remove FSDj from my PoS Plaid. Will let you know who many emails and weeks it take for them to do it. Enjoy.