Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I am sorry to say that my M3 with latest software updates didn’t recognize any of the Takoma Park Maryland first responders. I drove up from behind a truck that was flanked by our great public servants in action. As I passed through the scene, Tesla vision displayed the big truck and even a man walking behind, but at no point did the police with activated emergency lights show up in Tesla vision.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I am sorry to say that my M3 with latest software updates didn’t recognize any of the Takoma Park Maryland first responders. I drove up from behind a truck that was flanked by our great public servants in action. As I passed through the scene, Tesla vision displayed the big truck and even a man walking behind, but at no point did the police with activated emergency lights show up in Tesla vision.
Nor is it designed to. That's your job:

"Tesla automatically reduces driving speed when lights from an emergency vehicle are detected when using Autosteer at night on a high speed road".

It's a very rudimentary feature that only works under very defined circumstances.

I do wonder if there are going to be any more 11.x updates on the old 2023.7.x branch.
It might be worth going from 2023.7.30/11.4.7 -> 2023.26.11/11.4.4 ?
I wonder if there will be any more FSD updates on 11.x period. Feels like we'll be waiting awhile until V12.
Much more interesting to follow SpaceX now.

Seems like this particular thread and the autonomous forum is winding down, at least for the time being.

In spite of all the complaints, I think current version of FSD is a much more serviceable version than any prior version as a basic L2 aid. It’s much better at stopping. I only have to disengage perhaps 50% of the time for traffic lights (I reliably send a message to Tesla about not slowing down soon enough for obvious red lights, whenever this happens), and it’s usually quite smooth at the stopping when I allow it to, without as much unnecessary pulsing (not to say it does not happen!). Going is still a bit of an issue - a lot more assertiveness needed there! Anyway, the improvements are somewhat evidenced by the improving insurance scores posted here - though not clear how consistent they are.

I generally don’t bother with lane changes and stuff at this point - that is quite an advanced operation on surface streets and at this early juncture it is generally too much to expect. Much easier to just handle yourself or request yourself (if it is cooperating)!

Freeway is not bad, as long as one disengages in situations which it cannot handle. Generally I think it is better than AP was, though I have seen people who claim otherwise. Just my opinion - seems smoother and a bit less robotic, although annoyingly slow to respond to requested lane changes at times. Seems like it should be better than AP on average, otherwise they would presumably not have released it.

I’d think that there would be many more releases before v12, but definitely seems like it should slow down a lot now, since presumably most revenue has been realized, so the pressure is off, except for the purpose of driving more sales (which seems a long way off of course). Being five or six months behind is not ideal of course.

Good to have the continuous pressure off, since hopefully that will lead to a better product.

The only problem I have with being on 2023.7.30 is that this version is not compatible with Telsla Electric's unlimited nighttime charging plan in Texas. The other feature additions are neither here nor there for me.
....and this would be a damn important feature for you to have that is missing. So that in itself is enough reason for complaining. It is just beyond ridiculous that we are "forgotten" and left languish on >7 month old software missing so MANY features. In fact if we were updated (which there is NO evidence of that happening) SO MANY features would be added that we would need to make a list of all the features to refresh our knowledge of what is "new".

Is are only hope now a possible holiday update in late Dec.? 🤬

Ok, so both of my M3Ps now have 2023.32.4, the new one with FSDb and the 2019 version that had FSDb but transferred to the 2023 without. FSDwtf and plain old wtf.........
Oddly the same for me? Transferred FSD over a month ago to the new MSP and today they loaded 2023.32.4 back to the old car so the same on both cars. Interesting.

It was essentially “I’ve been in the early FSD beta releases for a while and would like to be taken off the latest beta branches, can you please remove me from the beta and put me back on the main release branches”

I’m still waiting for the update to complete, but it includes FSD version 11.3.6 per the release notes so I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to enable it

View attachment 958367
Man how the hell did you get past the service request screen. It keeps running diagnostics for me and then saying I'm on the latest software

Nope. TESLA WONT LET YOU OUT, Unless you are on a subscription and let them hat expire.
That I know is not true. I emailed their early access email generates this in their auto-response:
To be removed from the Early Access Program: If you would like to be removed from the Early Access Program, please reply to this email with your VIN and we will process your request.
The question is, can you remove your self, get updated to later branch (that includes 11.4.4 at this point) and use FSD? Or would you need to re-request beta access?
I'm guessing the later...
Anyone done this?