Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Many have commented on Tesla’s approach to hardware updates. They typically will change hardware as soon as they are ready to do so rather than wait for a ‘model year’ like most manufacturers do. On one hand that continually improves the cars and doesn’t make people wait (or encourage them to wait) for a new model year. On the other hand it means ‘model years’ are meaningless for Teslas and creates as huge number of potential hardware combinations in their cars, making comparisons difficult and likely complicating software development.
Changing hardware continually improves the cars? What, like removing USS or adding HW4 before the software was ready? 😂

I had a strange fail last night on FSDb - driving straight approaching an intersection with a red light and cars waiting. Map says I should continue straight but FSD moves into the turn lane to turn left. The odd thing is it doesn’t act like it’s a mistake and try to get back. Rather it keeps the left turn signal on and waits at the light then continues making a left turn. I let it continue because I could easily get to my destination going either direction but the mapped route stayed straight until it had completed the turn.

This is a regular intersection and I’ve never had FSD experience issues here in the past and it wasn’t doing the jittery ’oops..I’m in the wrong lane need to try to get back’ action that it typically does when it gets in the wrong lane so I don’t know what to make of it.

Anything better on 11.4.7.2?
Uh oh, the firing squad is going to come after me.

Ummm, I have about 25 miles now, kinda city/rural. No highways yet
No disengagements and 2 interventions. Just to hit go pedal once on a slow stop sign and once on a 5 mph phantom brake with a car too close to my bumper.
Love the surveillance view with all 4 cameras you can remotely see at the same time.
Spotify now looks much better. We can now move that damn blind spot camera view to where it belongs. I will report back after the ludes wear off, cuz obviously most hate this build, and I like it so far.

Edit: new behavior with stopping. It hard brakes for a stop sign very briefly when you are at 1 or 2 mph. The limo stop is missing some of the time.

Last edited:
we're two! I'm still in 11.4.4... must be because of my signature 😬😂
I don't think you're missing a whole lot. I still have dry windshield wipes and inexplicable turn signals and lane changes. In the past these seem to have improved with time so fingers crossed I suppose.

On the plus side, I like the UI improvements.

Kind of wish the mobile version of this site showed signatures, or the car year and model in the top bar, instead of how many thumbs up people have. Curious if there’s any correlation between who has the most issues with the J. Geographical area? Car model? Model year? HW version?
You might be right. My posts to like ratio is higher than yours.
Hence, better FSDWTF performance...

Edit: This is probably because StuWTF downvotes all your posts. So a cheap shot from me....!

Last edited:
I had a strange fail last night on FSDb - driving straight approaching an intersection with a red light and cars waiting. Map says I should continue straight but FSD moves into the turn lane to turn left. The odd thing is it doesn’t act like it’s a mistake and try to get back. Rather it keeps the left turn signal on and waits at the light then continues making a left turn. I let it continue because I could easily get to my destination going either direction but the mapped route stayed straight until it had completed the turn.

This is a regular intersection and I’ve never had FSD experience issues here in the past and it wasn’t doing the jittery ’oops..I’m in the wrong lane need to try to get back’ action that it typically does when it gets in the wrong lane so I don’t know what to make of it.
It's the NHTSA recall. If the car ends up in the wrong lane it has to continue going in the direction the lane goes. It can't go straight once near a light in a turn lane.

Turn your phone sideways
He is using a pre paid Motorola StarTac from 1997... I don't think it will help.
Hey @Ramphex ... go start a go fund me page and link it here so we can all pitch in and get you a phone that was built after 2020.
Also add the price of a few cases of your hemorrhoid cream. Not the name brand stuff. Too expensive...

Last edited: