Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Has anyone else been getting this message recently?

View attachment 979687

The Bluetooth is always on, no idea why that message randomly pops up.
I've been getting the message at work saying I need to structure qa vifi fommedtio,
What if the junkiness rotates it’s levels of junk with different revisions though?
Exactly! What if there were no hypothetical questions?

I wonder why some are getting the 2023 map update and others are stuck on the 2022.44 version? A/B testing perhaps? I have a new circle that was added at the end of a highway near me about a year ago. All previous FSD versions never showed the circle in the nav route. Today, it showed it as a circle in the routing “next turn” I’ll call it. Still on the 2022.44 map version.
I just want to know why my map update was to 2022.44.14515-3282?
Does anyone else have an extra suffix number (i.e. 3282) ?

Similar to the off button. There is an intermittent setting also. Again not ideal but that type action worked for many for 50 years so not a Huge issue nor was I implying to crash your car to prove a point. The button is technically under your thumb so fairly easy to figure out.
You mean push the button, then scroll with the left scroll wheel while having my attention distracted from the road? How about, my 6-figure car should have working auto wipers? Please name me another car that costs this much with wipers as crap.

It would be one thing if Tesla acknowledged the fact that they broke their wiper functionality. But as usual, nothing. They treat their customers like dirt once they take possession of the vehicle. You know it. I know it.

I would be happy to get any map update. Those happen for me as infrequently as a day @PACEMD and @Pdubs are not under the unfluence of any substances.
In love pool eyes float feathers after the struggle.
The hopes burst and shot joy all through the mind
Sorrow more distant than a star.
Multi colour run down over your body,
Then the liquid passing all into all
Love is hot truth is molten.

In love pool eyes float feathers after the struggle.
The hopes burst and shot joy all through the mind
Sorrow more distant than a star.
Multi colour run down over your body,
Then the liquid passing all into all
Love is hot truth is molten.
You made my point! Now if we could get to level 4 or 5, you and @PACEMD Could be on the road again getting to those all important back alleys... some of those ongoing criminal investigations have to be coming to a close for you 2 ??

Last edited:
Ha. So, I bit last week and swapped my 2018 M3 LR RWD for a 2023 M3 LR AWD. The FSD transfer is promised to come, but in the meantime I've got 2023.26.100.1 with FSD 11.3.7. My understanding is that factory loads sometimes take a some time to go off of zero, but maybe the 2023.27.6 will kick in, sooner than later.
Ha. First update, to 2023.32.7. Sneaking up on the newest load, I guess: FSD-b is 11.4.4.

Recapitulation. 11.3.7 was jerky as all get-out on left turns and not much better on right turns. 11.4.4 is much smoother, gets into the right lane before highway exits a mile ahead of the move, which is better than the 11.3.7's half-mile or so. Still think that the 11.4.7 I had before the trade was better than 11.4.4.

Guess we'll see, once the next update or three kicks in.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
You mean push the button, then scroll with the left scroll wheel while having my attention distracted from the road? How about, my 6-figure car should have working auto wipers? Please name me another car that costs this much with wipers as crap.

It would be one thing if Tesla acknowledged the fact that they broke their wiper functionality. But as usual, nothing. They treat their customers like dirt once they take possession of the vehicle. You know it. I know it.
Tesla operates by the classic criminal technique. Deny, deny, deny, ask for proof.

You made my point! Now if we could get to level 4 or 5, you and @PACEMD Could be on the road again getting to those all important back alleys... some of those ongoing criminal investigations have to be coming to a close for you 2 ??
My low flying over the gulf back from Puerto Vallarta days are long history and I'm fully exonerated now.

Drove 11.4.7.2 again today and while in the previous build the creep forward for visibility was slow and did not give the impression the car would pull into oncoming traffic, the too fast move forward has returned. Also, I've noticed that besides the lettering and numbers being larger and clearer on the display the voice of the navigation lady now seems sexier.

Drove 11.4.7.2 again today and while in the previous build the creep forward for visibility was slow and did not give the impression the car would pull into oncoming traffic, the too fast move forward has returned. Also, I've noticed that besides the lettering and numbers being larger and clearer on the display the voice of the navigation lady now seems sexier.
All my letters or font got small and I can't figure out how to make them bigger for us old folk to read.

• Funny
Reactions: PACEMD and Ramphex
Really would love to have Whole Mars come try FSD on DC/ Northern VA city streets sometimes to see if he still thinks it's the greatest thing of all time.

Generally go out super early on weekends just to test FSD without annoying other cars on the road. Even minus traffic and pedestrians it just does stupid and at times dangerous things. My favorite is not using signals on highway mereges and exits but randomly turning it on side streets for no reason .

11.4.7.2: for some reason my car now tends to attempt inappropriate right hand turns. It signals, gets in the RH turn lane, then seems to realize it's mistake at the last minute. It then signals for a LH turn and tries to get back on track but rather than confuse those behind me I disengage and wait for traffic to pass before proceeding on the correct route. o_Oo_O

I am only comfortable with protected left turn and protected right hand turn unless there are no other cars on the road.
On the other hand I had a good time with FSD 11.4.7.2 during the trip from San Diego to Julian today. The car drove smoothly on a single land mountain road with lots of curves. Speed was between 40 and 55 mph.

Notes to YouTubers: Don't post any video if your speed limit is less than 40 mph.

I'm really afraid that may point to a different, er... personal problem?