Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
What was their response? Was there a technical reason they couldn't factory wipe the car?

Telsa responses (sad, but very true):

1. We tried, twice, but could not get the car to accept an overwrite of beta. Engineering controlled. - Mobile ranger (1x)

2. We can do it, send an email to that unmonitored “Op out” address (2x)

3. SC can’t do it, only engineering. An no, we will not open a F’n ticket for you with Engineering. Perhaps send [email protected] an email. (1x).

Of course, I told these people up front that the emails go unanswered, after months of sending….

Another case of Tesla, BOHICA. Incompetence Abounds.

Telsa responses (sad, but very true):

1. We tried, twice, but could not get the car to accept an overwrite of beta. Engineering controlled. - Mobile ranger (1x)

2. We can do it, send an email to that unmonitored “Op out” address (2x)

3. SC can’t do it, only engineering. An no, we will not open a F’n ticket for you with Engineering. Perhaps send [email protected] an email. (1x).

Of course, I told these people up front that the emails go unanswered, after months of sending….

Another case of Tesla, BOHICA. Incompetence Abounds.
I've done the same song and dance. I opened a service ticket and they said they have no control over what firmware is pushed to my vehicle by engineering and to email the fsdbeta email address. I've done so multiple times and never heard back, and am still in the "early beta" group.

2023.27.7 (so 11.4.7.3 ):

9:30PM, 12/11/2023. Transit of Poop Water Project (aka Pure Water San Diego, $1.1B)

Cross street Carroll eastbound. Light disabled (off; not lit), stop signs in place in suicide lane/drivable median area, many cones. Ego car stopped at stop signs, proceeded (roughly) along single lane route marked by cones.

Alesmitth
Flashing red light. Vehicle adjacent to left which stopped, then proceeded. Ego car stopped, then proceeded (after a couple seconds excess waiting)! (First time I have seen this, no change in software version.). No cones.

Dowdy
Flashing red light. Ego car stopped, then remained stopped. Waited many seconds. Nothing. No cones.

So seems inconsistent, and anecdotally most of the time does not proceed in such a situation.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 11.13.49 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc
How. Do. We. Get Out. of early access.
Here is my hair-brain idea de jour:

I've never heard of anyone trying this, but FSD itself is transferable to a new owner, but BSD beta is not.

So, it you transfer ownership of your car to, say, your significant other, or an alias, or your dog, or even yourself? You'd need a new Tesla account, and proof of transfer. But FSD should transfer with the VIN, but the beta status requires that online agreement, which the new owner need not accept.

Again, I've never heard of this tactic, but Tesla really can not foist Beta onto new owners who do not agree to the conditions, as required for the beta program. Nor can Tesla prevent the transfer of title because the new owner does not want to participate in the program. Seems like it should work.

There may be wrinkles around title transfers, like sales tax, or Social Security numbers. But, at least in Calif, family transfers are exempt from sales tax, and a two step transfer should suffice to get it back to where it belongs.

Like I said, this is just a random thought. After wine. But still... Maybe...

I've done the same song and dance. I opened a service ticket and they said they have no control over what firmware is pushed to my vehicle by engineering and to email the fsdbeta email address. I've done so multiple times and never heard back, and am still in the "early beta" group.
Exactly… More Tesla, BOHICA “early adopter” and flagship option treatment.

Saw that. There’s a lot of stuff that’s unclear there like the following:

“The added controls and alerts will “further encourage the driver to adhere to their continuous driving responsibility,” the documents said.

But safety experts said while the recall is a good step, it still makes the driver responsible and doesn't fix the underlying problem “
huh? They want to make drivers responsible but the problem is it still makes drivers responsible?