Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Yea looks like we (well NOT me or most yet😂) are back to 2 stacks. 🤪 11 for limited access and 12 for all other.
I've also seen comments from people testing V12 to the effect that it seems to drive the same way as V11. For the most part, that's not a problem for me. Other than encountering things like construction zones, I find V11 to be very good on interstate-like highways.

It will be interesting to see exactly which roads, aside from interstates, seem to be V11 and which are definitely V12.

The basic versioning numbers is very strange to me compared to the FSD version. Why wouldn't they start with a new week at least (ie. > 2023.44 ... 2024.XX)
The "week" number corresponds to the subversion number. New features were added in that week. The reason it stays the same is it keeps all the subversion's features and doesn't add any new features.

Reactions: Ramphex
So, I'm on "Version 11.1 (2024.2.6)." I have EAP though not FSD, but I should also be getting updates, right? Any thoughts on what the V12 scoop is for EAP customers who could subscribe to FSD for $99 / mo (current price) if they were so inclined? ;)

....It will be interesting to see exactly which roads, aside from interstates, seem to be V11 and which are definitely V12.
It appears to follow the same pattern as v10 did and all limited access highways run v11 and all other driving is v12.

EDIT: Also in AI DRIVR's video he shows the display changing (much more subtle) from v11 tov12 at about the same times it would do on v10.

Last edited:
The "week" number corresponds to the subversion number. New features were added in that week. The reason it stays the same is it keeps all the subversion's features and doesn't add any new features.
The change of "AI end-to-end" is all the improvements videos of it is not a major "new feature"?!?!? I see speed control, speed bump adjustments, parking lot improvements, pedestrian improvements, etc. Seems really odd to me like it is being downplayed intentionally.

Last edited:
The change of "AI end-to-end" is all the improvements videos of it is not a major "new feature"?!?!? I see speed control, speed bump adjustments, parking lot improvements, pedestrian improvements, etc. Seems really odd to me like it is being downplayed intentionally.
Tesla segregates Beta from the update and they have separate numbering. So there are no features added to the update and any "features" added to the Beta are reflected in the Beta number.

For instance 24.2.x added features like Trips Menu redesign and Ultra-wide Phone key that are not related to the Beta part of the software.

You are going to have to trust me on this one: If you are still doing 60 when you reach that 40 mph sign, you will be standing on the brakes - hard!
If you are traveling at 60 mph and cross over into a 40 mph zone.........you will die immediately. No exceptions! Happened to me many times. That's just science right there.......