Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Me too. I’ve found that moving from our 2016 S90D that was upgraded to the HW3 computer & RCCB cameras to our new HW4 Model Y Long Range is a big improvement. FSD Beta is much less jerky in the Y. Idk if it’s the better cameras of HW4 or the higher position of the SUV or evidence that something was wrong with our S, but FSD Beta is much more useable in the Y on 11.4.9.
I think they source so many components that FSD behaves extremely different. For example my car is wrapped but I have to cut out the proximity sensor front bumpers otherwise it is blocked. This shop had done thousands of Tesla’s never had this issue and another customer who chose the same color and brand after admiring mine didn’t have this problem nor 98% of people on this board. My mother’s model Y 6 months newer also feels completely different and sounds different when you park it although not a Performance also built in Fremont.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I think they source so many components that FSD behaves extremely different. For example my car is wrapped but I have to cut out the proximity sensor front bumpers otherwise it is blocked. This shop had done thousands of Tesla’s never had this issue and another customer who chose the same color and brand after admiring mine didn’t have this problem nor 98% of people on this board. My mother’s model Y 6 months newer also feels completely different and sounds different when you park it although not a Performance also built in Fremont.
I had my S clear wrapped the week I bought it. Never had an issue with USS.
Very interesting...
Oh well, they will probably be disabling those of us with USS soon.
TeslaVision baby! The choice of the next generation!!

Reactions: Pdubs and bhakan
I had my S clear wrapped the week I bought it. Never had an issue with USS.
Very interesting...
Oh well, they will probably be disabling those of us with USS soon.
TeslaVision baby! The choice of the next generation!!
I don’t think it will ever work properly without the front bumper camera. I hate not being able to auto park forward and have to always park like an Elon loving douche.

I don’t think it will ever work properly without the front bumper camera. I hate not being able to auto park forward and have to always park like an Elon loving douche.
I don't think Vision can ever work as accurately as USSs. Using Elon's logic: Humans drive by vision BUT THEY park close by using USS.

Wish Tesla would throw in the towel and go back to USS. While there is a small chance Vision may get close to or equal USS's accuracy it is a FACT that Vision will NEVER pass USS in accuracy.

I don't think Vision can ever work as accurately as USSs. Using Elon's logic: Humans drive by vision BUT THEY park close by using USS.
So you're saying that if God didn't want us to park close, he wouldn't have given us ultrasonic sensors - well, in our automobiles - um, about 20 years ago. The Millenniazoic era.
;)

So you're saying that if God didn't want us to park close, he wouldn't have given us ultrasonic sensors - well, in our automobiles - um, about 20 years ago. The Millenniazoic era.
;)
I'm saying if God didn't want us to unlock our Tesla's, to vainly/repeatedly check our App for a V12 update or text while driving, she wouldn't have given us Steve Jobs. 🤣

Yep. Most of the FSD beta folks are still on the holiday update version- okay, technically the holiday update with the recall stuff applied. But it’s a little absurd. Why are we segregated still when the 2024 folks have latest v11 too?
That is the way it has been since the original FSD Beta 10.2. So nothing new to me and just more of the same year after year.

Reactions: sleepydoc
What the hl happened to v11.4.9? For the last 10 days, every route I go, which are either a 3 lane road or a 4 lane road, it always picks the rightmost lane to drive through. This is very annoying as everyone in thr city in the right most lane is slowing down and turning right into a lane. On top of it, when it rains, the rightmost lane is full of water due to the road crowning.

What the hl happened to v11.4.9? For the last 10 days, every route I go, which are either a 3 lane road or a 4 lane road, it always picks the rightmost lane to drive through. This is very annoying as everyone in thr city in the right most lane is slowing down and turning right into a lane. On top of it, when it rains, the rightmost lane is full of water due to the road crowning.

You were lucky there was only water. I got my car splattered with mud last weekend thanks to FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: enemji

Wish Tesla would throw in the towel and go back to USS. While there is a small chance Vision may get close to or equal USS's accuracy it is a FACT that Vision will NEVER pass USS in accuracy.
Best part is it will soon be two years since they've ditched the USS. And as it is pretty clear now, they didn't even have a hint of a working vision based prototype at the time. A bunch of cowboys..

Best part is it will soon be two years since they've ditched the USS. And as it is pretty clear now, they didn't even have a hint of a working vision based prototype at the time. A bunch of cowboys..
Bingo. I've been saying all along there was no excuse for removing the USS
After driving our new 2024 Y for a month I definitely miss the USS, as expected. I’ve almost bumped into things parking a number of times because of not having the inches & precise measurements of distance.

Reactions: sleepydoc