Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD rewrite will go out on Oct 20 to limited beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying that the Waymo Driver is OUT of Beta?
Can you please let me know where Google/Waymo has claimed that?

Google was the one that championed Beta release to the public!

I don't know if Waymo Driver is out of beta. But that's not the point. The point is that Tesla's FSD is not L4 yet and still requires constant supervision. Waymo is L4 and does not require any driver supervision.

In fact, Waymo actually forbids anyone from touching the steering wheel or pedals.

steeringwheel.jpg

That is a false comparison though. Tesla is a beta system that requires constant supervision. Waymo is a L4 system that is fully driverless.

Who is forgetting what? Your statements also do not point out the other differences. Drop it, you aren't the only semi intelligent person in this forum.

Does anyone know if this re-write also includes changes to Smart Summon that includes Smart Parking ? I would rather find that feature more useful for myself and will use it if works correctly i.e find a parking spot to park and summon the car. Also do we know if for Summon the distance has increased or still the 200ft default ?

Reactions: Microterf
Does anyone know if this re-write also includes changes to Smart Summon that includes Smart Parking ? I would rather find that feature more useful for myself and will use it if works correctly i.e find a parking spot to park and summon the car. Also do we know if for Summon the distance has increased or still the 200ft default ?
I’d be happy if it parked itself with me in the car - using the painted lines!

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

Some Tesla employees, people testing and maybe Google (for some definition of know).

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd
I'll take my chances here and say that the 200ft limit is still there because as far as I can tell, it's a phone app limitation, not a car thing.
I doubt they'd make such incremental and soon to be wasted change to the phone app when that's not even a small fraction of the show.

I'm sure we'll know for sure sooner rather than later, though!

Man, imagine all those people doubting Elon all this time that kept repeating Tesla needs Lidar and that Waymo will be first to FSD...

I would be feeling pretty rediculous looking back at all the time I insulted others who had faith in Tesla to get it done, to have FSD in every Tesla be end of 2020...

well done Tesla, this has changed the game.

This isn't a "Fully self driving car" This is a car with a ADAS system.

Just as NHTSA said...how is it that you people CANNOT understand?

Ek75sgOXYAIit4Q

Now for the big question, does it do more or less than the 2016 Tesla FSD demo video showed the car doing? That will tell us whether Tesla has made any progress in the last 4 years.

The 2016 demo and 2019 demo were very basic compared to the videos by others (mobileye,cruise,zoox) and even the driverless rides in phoenix by Waymos

Anyone know why nearly all the released FSD beta videos are either reaction videos (i.e. filming the driver and not the road) or videos from the Tesla dashboard with very little to no road view? Also there is not one video I could find where they just film the car for 10 minutes straight doing its thing, it's all micro-clips pasted after one another.
I would guess it is a combination of YouTubers trying to be first online with a video and also the fact that the software was released after the sun went down. It is very difficult to get watchable video that shows a bright screen and the outside at night at the same time.

I would think by this afternoon we will start to see better videos showing the view out the windshield and the screen at the same time, especially in Model 3s where it is easier to get them in the same frame.

It was going to miss it, the driver did not have to disengage.

Confused by this statement. How are you so confident? Tesla themselves say it does the wrong thing at the worst time right now, so I imagine hitting stationary objects is currently well within its repertoire, just based on what Tesla says!

It’s quite impressive, but I would not get complacent.

“Caution is preferable to rash bravery.”

Confused by this statement. How are you so confident? Tesla themselves say it does the wrong thing at the worst time right now, so I imagine hitting stationary objects is currently well within its repertoire, just based on what Tesla says!

It’s quite impressive, but I would not get complacent.

“Caution is preferable to rash bravery.”

How are you so confident it was going to hit it? Kurok68 said:

"And the Tesla system already nearly rear-ended a parked car."

Did it now? We have no evidence it was going to, just a cautious driver who took over before finding out.

I'm just trying to tamp down the doom and gloom of some posters.

YES, of course it is beta and not to be trusted. We too can read and understand the caveats. I don't think anyone on these forums needs constant nagging that it is a beta system that can make mistakes. WE KNOW THAT.

How are you so confident it was going to hit it?

I’m not confident about that at all. I am fairly confident it would hit something eventually if left unattended, which I’m sure you would agree with. So it sounds like we agree!

I don't think anyone on these forums needs constant nagging that it is a beta system that can make mistakes.

Lol. I think I’d have to take issue with such a broad statement. Many people on these forums do not need constant nagging; I would agree with that statement! ;)

Have there been any long-ish videos of FSD working?

I think it's impressive for sure, but just based on the graphics it sorta looks like an alpha dev build that was released to a few influencers. Would be curious to see what the limitations are.

Also, how are you supposed to keep your hands on the wheel when the car is turning?

How are you so confident it was going to hit it? Kurok68 said:

"And the Tesla system already nearly rear-ended a parked car."

Did it now? We have no evidence it was going to, just a cautious driver who took over before finding out.

I'm just trying to tamp down the doom and gloom of some posters.

YES, of course it is beta and not to be trusted. We too can read and understand the caveats. I don't think anyone on these forums needs constant nagging that it is a beta system that can make mistakes. WE KNOW THAT.
And to be fair the poster did say....

upload_2020-10-22_11-17-17.png

Reactions: rsm287 and EinSV