Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not on the version you have. The strike roll-off feature comes as part of FSD 12.4.1 that is in 2024.15.5.

When you get striked-out it lists the date/time that suspension expires. I assume it doesn't matter if your FSD subscription is active or not. (Since it suspends basic Autopilot as well.)
While an improvement, I find if I look at the screen for two -seconds I get a strike. If I try to check the speed limit, or the nav for which route to take, or looking to see what charge level I will get at the SuperCharger with and I get a strike. These 60+ old eyes can not read the light grey on off white easily, so it takes me two or three seconds and strike.

While an improvement, I find if I look at the screen for two -seconds I get a strike. If I try to check the speed limit, or the nav for which route to take, or looking to see what charge level I will get at the SuperCharger with and I get a strike. These 60+ old eyes can not read the light grey on off white easily, so it takes me two or three seconds and strike.
Honestly I find that very hard to believe. I have had FSD since 10.2 in October 2021. I probably have well over 100,000miles on FSD. Zero strikes. I use the screen like I normally do. Occasionally, if I stare too long, I get the reminder to watch the road. But that’s it. I simply don’t understand how anyone gets a strike.

Honestly I find that very hard to believe. I have had FSD since 10.2 in October 2021. I probably have well over 100,000miles on FSD. Zero strikes. I use the screen like I normally do. Occasionally, if I stare too long, I get the reminder to watch the road. But that’s it. I simply don’t understand how anyone gets a strike.
And with luck you will never be a member of the Strike False Positive Club, but you might be one day. I used to get a strike about once every 100 miles. Then no strikes for a year with almost no nags or "pay attention" warnings. With the latest version I get a lot of pay attention warnings, the occasional nag, and somehow got one strike over the course of ~6K miles. The attention monitoring system keeps changing, and seems to work for most people, but not everyone

The issue is your statement doesn’t match your example. You say “look at screen for 2 seconds” yet all your examples are selecting routes, check charge level, etc. interacting with the screen is not glancing at it. If you Need to change navigation or view charge level or energy simply click the mic button on the steering wheel and Say It, don’t peck for it. And like most here you won’t get any strikes.

We’ve not once had a single video posted showing one of these insta-strikes, in full context. (Meaning not just the two seconds before the strike, and with a proper view of the side of the driver’s head so it is possible to detect where the driver is looking.)

I am open to things being very different in cars without cabin cameras, or some cars being broken in some way (IR illuminators or whatever), but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence! There have been really buggy releases in the past but that does not seem to be the case currently.

There are also a few people who call any forced disengagement a strike (they are not all strikes), and a “pay attention to the road” warning a strike (which it is not).

If you are having persistent problems, borrow a GoPro and set up a decent car setup to document it. Should be easy to demonstrate.

Last edited:
X3 on night mode

Anyone with S/X think the new Speed Limit indicator placement on the dash is somewhat distracting?
I was on the highway today and the horizontal combination of speed limit sign, the fsd indicator, and speed actually block the rendered view of traffic merging from the right onto the highway. They put all of those things directly in the way. I wish we had the option to put the rendered view on the center display and just gave nav, speed, etc in the drivers display. Not to mention selecting a space for autopark was definitely designed for touch and shoehorned onto the scroll wheels.

WOW that is well over 100 miles a day 7/365. You must have a hell of a commute or a job that requires driving.

We’ve not once had a single video posted showing one of these insta-strikes, in full context. (Meaning not just the two seconds before the strike, and with a proper view of the side of the driver’s head so it is possible to detect where the driver is looking.)

I am open to things being very different in cars without cabin cameras, or some cars being broken in some way (IR illuminators or whatever), but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence! There have been really buggy releases in the past but that does not seem to be the case currently.

There are also a few people who call any forced disengagement a strike (they are not all strikes), and a “pay attention to the road” warning a strike (which it is not).

If you are having persistent problems, borrow a GoPro and set up a decent car setup to document it. Should be easy to demonstrate.
Yes in all these years still nobody has posted a video of one of these so-called “false strikes.”

The issue is your statement doesn’t match your example. You say “look at screen for 2 seconds” yet all your examples are selecting routes, check charge level, etc. interacting with the screen is not glancing at it. If you Need to change navigation or view charge level or energy simply click the mic button on the steering wheel and Say It, don’t peck for it. And like most here you won’t get any strikes.
Sorry maybe I was not clear but charge level is posted on the screen, no need to press anything. And while I do have large font set the grey charge font on an off white background make it hard to see the estimated charge level. Often the navigation shows two or more routes. It takes me a sconed or to see the difference and select our preference. I virtually always use voice commands to set the destination but as I say the routed often change or give options.

Yes in all these years still nobody has posted a video of one of these so-called “false strikes.”
Maybe it’s because the majority of people don’t have a cabin camera running 24/7 recording both the screen and the driver?

Creating a virtually impossible bar for proof and using it to deny the existence of a problem is a pretty pathetic argument.

I’ve had several unprovoked strikes in the past but I didn’t record them so I guess they never happened.

I was on the highway today and the horizontal combination of speed limit sign, the fsd indicator, and speed actually block the rendered view of traffic merging from the right onto the highway. They put all of those things directly in the way. I wish we had the option to put the rendered view on the center display and just gave nav, speed, etc in the drivers display. Not to mention selecting a space for autopark was definitely designed for touch and shoehorned onto the scroll wheels.
You actually need the rendered view for something important? Why not just look out the window? As I said above, I’ve never found the rendered views to be anything other than eye candy while driving. When FSD is driving they can give a limited insight to what the computer is thinking but that’s it.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
Interesting. Do you get a strike or just the flashing blue? Is it possible that you were just about to time out from not torquing the wheel when you looked at the screen?

I can look at the screen and slowly count to five before I get the flashing blue.

I like the new display with bigger speed-related numbers.