Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Do you get a strike or just the flashing blue? Is it possible that you were just about to time out from not torquing the wheel when you looked at the screen?

I can look at the screen and slowly count to five before I get the flashing blue.

I like the new display with bigger speed-related numbers.
Agreed - something seems off with @dhrivnak’s description. IME, you will get a ‘pay attention to the road’ alert after about 3-4 seconds (maybe longer, I haven’t timed it.) I can’t be positive on this, but I believe if FSD thinks you are looking down it will give you a strike even if you are torquing the wheel or otherwise doing something that would normally remove the nag, and it may have a shorter threshold to strike for repeated episodes of perceived inattention.

Interesting. Do you get a strike or just the flashing blue? Is it possible that you were just about to time out from not torquing the wheel when you looked at the screen?

I can look at the screen and slowly count to five before I get the flashing blue.

I like the new display with bigger speed-related numbers.
I am not sure, I did get one clear strike. But then within 1000 miles I got in time out for a week. I am new to FSD so not fully sure where/how to look.

Ughhhh

Speed vs Navigation. It did it again.

Highway with 5 lanes on one side.

The right two lanes are full of traffic and slow because 1 mile ahead they are the exit off the highway.
The left most lane is empty.
FSDs 12.3.6 goes giddy under "Average" mode and changes to the left most lane so that it can go 77mph (10%+ on 70mph speed limit)
In doing so, it realized too late that it now has to switch over 3 lanes to get to the exit lane, which of course nobody is going to let you at those speeds.
FSDs goes bonkers, slows down to 65 while it reroutes. Vehicle driver behind me goes bonkers not knowing why my vehicle slowed down.
It then took the next exit and ended up adding 15 more minutes to my drive.

FSDs needs to stop acting like a kid.

Has anyone figured out a way to minimize the frequency of this behavior? Setting the speed limit at 0% offset still does not prevent FSD from wanting to move to the leftmost lanes shortly before the exit on the right.

I am new to FSD so not fully sure where/how to look.
There's an art to it. Hold the wheel loosely with one hand and look straight ahead and if you need to look away, make glances straight ahead. Do that and you will join the no-strikes club in no time.

If you're caught looking at the screen for too long you must both look ahead and jiggle the wheel.

I tried auto-park again last evening, and I felt it was quite a bit faster, at least when it was transitioning from forward to reverse. I only had one opportunity though.

Has anyone tried it on the current version?
Not sure what is the "current version"? Auto-Park is not actually FSDS code or at least a part of FSDS. It seems all versions of 24.14.x to 24.20.x have the same Auto-Park now. In fact I stated and posted video proof of getting the faster Auto-Park a few days before the 24.14.9 update. So it seems to be more of an invisible Delta update sent.

Also as to the faster. Yesterday I used Auto-Park and pulled up so it had to make a couple of adjustments. It switched from R to D to R so fast it kinda whipped my head a little forward and back. 😂 It also seems that it is getting faster at switching gears by the week. 🤔 🤣

First time this has happened to me almost jumped out of seat

Had FSD turned on with no destination,

was stopped at a red light with 3 cars in front of me

I’m sitting there relaxing waiting for light, after like 15 seconds car decides very quickly to jump into the left lane that’s a turn only lane without even using its turn signal

I took over and jerked it back into the straight lane that it needed to go through the light

Edit: should have saved dashcam but didn’t think about at the time

Maybe it’s because the majority of people don’t have a cabin camera running 24/7 recording both the screen and the driver?

Creating a virtually impossible bar for proof and using it to deny the existence of a problem is a pretty pathetic argument.

I’ve had several unprovoked strikes in the past but I didn’t record them so I guess they never happened.
According to many accounts, people can get strikes by “looking at the screen for two seconds.” Since they claim it is so easy to reproduce, documenting the event would be easy. No need to run a camera 24/7. But as of yet nobody has been willing to provide evidence for their claim.

You actually need the rendered view for something important? Why not just look out the window? As I said above, I’ve never found the rendered views to be anything other than eye candy while driving. When FSD is driving they can give a limited insight to what the computer is thinking but that’s it.
I like to have an idea of egos intent. The vehicles merging in will turn blue letting me know it’s going to yield to it to let it in or if it’s going to cause an issue at the merge point.

According to many accounts, people can get strikes by “looking at the screen for two seconds.” Since they claim it is so easy to reproduce, documenting the event would be easy. No need to run a camera 24/7. But as of yet nobody has been willing to provide evidence for their claim.
Customer: The car constantly makes this terrible noise when I'm driving
Mechanic: Let's go for a ride
*car works perfectly*
💀

You actually need the rendered view for something important? Why not just look out the window? As I said above, I’ve never found the rendered views to be anything other than eye candy while driving. When FSD is driving they can give a limited insight to what the computer is thinking but that’s it.
I think what Eddie is mainly saying is that with a S or X, a lot of these new features like using autopark, being able to move the display around, and others features are better on Y and 3 now. They could easily give us the same features but the default to putting them on the screen in front of the driver which is small and you can't touch it, for example to select a parking spot. I think they should keep most of the Y and 3 features for the S and X and just leave us with the additional display. Or at least give us the option of having our main screen do more like others. We have never been able to spin the screen and see different views of what's around us. The scroll wheel option for parking is a joke. Let us tap like everyone else.

Today I got to get on a tollroad that has no shoulder, doing 75mph next to the wall. Felt like I was in NASCAR or even better F1 in Monaco!🇲🇨
FSDs did an amazing job hugging that wall for that drive.

View attachment 1057946
That is my commute through multiple construction zones, its most disconcerting but does work very well.

I think the parking map should not be in 3D display because:

1. It covers a big area the parking space we want to select. It's hard to select a spot in front of the ego.

2. It doesn't correctly show the shapes of the surrounding cars. A lot of times it shows the car behind my car as a grey football when I am moving out of the parking stall. I'd rather see it as a car.

3. 3D objects in my garage looks weird.

Not sure what is the "current version"? Auto-Park is not actually FSDS code or at least a part of FSDS. It seems all versions of 24.14.x to 24.20.x have the same Auto-Park now. In fact I stated and posted video proof of getting the faster Auto-Park a few days before the 24.14.9 update. So it seems to be more of an invisible Delta update sent.

Also as to the faster. Yesterday I used Auto-Park and pulled up so it had to make a couple of adjustments. It switched from R to D to R so fast it kinda whipped my head a little forward and back. 😂 It also seems that it is getting faster at switching gears by the week. 🤔 🤣
Agreed, these big drops on teslafi onto 14.9 and 20.1 makes me also think we are far out. We got very used to a few quick rollouts when V12 came out. That has made this wait seem longer.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
I like to have an idea of egos intent. The vehicles merging in will turn blue letting me know it’s going to yield to it to let it in or if it’s going to cause an issue at the merge point.
Ah, ok. I thought you were using it to drive but you’re using it like I do to monitor FSD.